R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   AMB transponder??? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/273023-amb-transponder.html)

Ed Anderson 02-04-2009 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by jbrow1 (Post 5387422)
It means it will work with the same software, the scoring program that counts laps and times.

Software and hardware are two different things. It won't work with the "LOOP" (the hardware) that you cross at our normal races.

That's the way I would understand it anyway.
:)

You are correct. AMB's signal is picked up by a magnetic loop. The other systems are infared.

The software being compatible is only relevant to a club/track that is looking for a timing system.

Ed Anderson 02-04-2009 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by teeforb (Post 5387418)
how much are they at rclaps.com? it says online orders have been suspended... orders only through email

teeforb,

do a search for PTX. There is a thread in just about every forum on here. I know Terry has been backed up.... but he was on here today. Great product!! Been using it for about 2 years.

teeforb 02-04-2009 01:47 PM

to get cloned, i need to send my original transponder in?

teeforb 02-04-2009 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by teeforb (Post 5387658)
to get cloned, i need to send my original transponder in?

nevermind, i see u must send it in.

can you get a transponder without a clone? for example, get a new number?

Ed Anderson 02-04-2009 01:55 PM

Yes you do. No way around it if you want it cloned! The number means nothing (well it might). He has to put power to it, read the signal, then copy it to your new PTX.

There will be 21 transponders in it. Your PT and 20 other "fixed" numbers. He adds the 21st whether its yours or a random number he has.

malik 02-04-2009 01:56 PM

MRT is down right now and have been for a while now. They are back ordered up so they shut down their site. That sucks because I need 1 too and refuse to pay $100+ for 1 thats just rediculus.

teeforb 02-04-2009 02:10 PM

okay, i have been reading a little more on this, pretty interesting and i never knew about this. so let me see if i got this right.

Custom: it comes with 20 IDs. IDs are basic 1 through 20. these are based off of the old AMB system. If i have two custom PTX, both will have the same 1-20 IDs and are not unique. The 21st ID will be a copy of some random number that is the latest AMB system. Is this correct? if so, how do you tell what ID number you are using?

Clone: your personal cloned ID + the same 1 thorugh 20 ID as the "Custom" PTX.

what's the difference between standard cloned vs custom cloned?

Please clarify!!!

Ed Anderson 02-04-2009 02:29 PM

It is a little confusing the way it writen.. but you are close.

I don't have the paper in front of me to tell you the numbers, but the first 20 numbers (its not numbers.. but 20 transponders) are not based off the old system20. They are either house TP's or PT's that Terry bought up. They are all 7 digit transponder numbers and will work with any AMBrc, or AMBrc3 system.

When you get it, it comes set to the 21st number... and that is writen on the instructions. The instuctions tell you how to change the number... its REALLY simple!

teeforb 02-04-2009 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by Ed Anderson (Post 5387832)
It is a little confusing the way it writen.. but you are close.

I don't have the paper in front of me to tell you the numbers, but but the first 20 numbers are not based off the old system20. They are either house TP's or PT's that Terry bought up. They are all 7 digit transponder number and will work with any AMBrc, or AMBrc3 system.

When you get it, it comes set to the 21st number... and that is writen on the instructions. The instuctions tell you how to change the number... its REALLY simple!

okay, if i get 2 PTX. with the 20 numbers be the same or different? and each of the 20 numbers are like my personal 7 digit PT number?

im asking these questions because i am trying to determine if i would need to clone mines or just get what ever number it comes with. i don't really care about cloning. i jus wanna make sure what ever number i have, it don't become habbit that i have to change it because someone have the same number.

when will he be up to par on sending new PTX?

rcgeezer 02-04-2009 02:39 PM

It really is simple...the numbers are on a list and each time you press the setup button it scrolls to the next number. If you forget what # you are on, there's a way to power it up and it will blink to correspond to the number on your list. I've actually never had to change my number, and sorry to say I now have it memorized. If you choose custom cloning they can set the 21st number the same on both PTXs. Hope this helps!

Ed Anderson 02-04-2009 02:47 PM

Yes, the first 20 numbers are the same in all of them. They will be the same as I have here (custom and cloned). They are "printed" on the instructions. The 21st number??? Its just like buying a PT... they won't be the same. This number is hand writen on the instuctions.

teeforb 02-04-2009 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by rcgeezer (Post 5387878)
It really is simple...the numbers are on a list and each time you press the setup button it scrolls to the next number. If you forget what # you are on, there's a way to power it up and it will blink to correspond to the number on your list. I've actually never had to change my number, and sorry to say I now have it memorized. If you choose custom cloning they can set the 21st number the same on both PTXs. Hope this helps!

do u have cloning or no? so i will be good without cloning, right?

Ed Anderson 02-04-2009 02:57 PM

I have them both. Cloned ones for myself, and custom ones in "rental" cars. I've ordered customs for other people too. Every one had a different 21st number.

rcgeezer 02-04-2009 03:06 PM

You'd probably be fine without cloning, just set them all to the same number on the list and avoid the cloning fee :nod: Mine were not cloned.

teeforb 02-04-2009 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Ed Anderson (Post 5387963)
I have them both. Cloned ones for myself, and custom ones in "rental" cars. I've ordered customs for other people too. Every one had a different 21st number.

i see. so the 1-20 numbers are all the same 7 digit ID. the 21 number is different.

what do you men by "rental" cars? Do you rent RC cars or rent them out?