Suggestions Please! >

Suggestions Please!

Suggestions Please!

Old 01-30-2009, 07:14 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (86%+)
Default Suggestions Please!

I just recently picked up three buggies:

First: Xray Xb8 EC roller, How is this buggy? Can it be competitive racing? How easy is it to get parts? For racing which motor should i go with, and pipe. Any set-ups helpful.

Second: Sportwerks Mayhem pro w/ .26 motor, Opinions on this buggy..

Third: Sportwerks Turmoil Pro w/ Go-tech .21 motor, opinions also.
Attached Thumbnails Suggestions Please!-xray-xb8-ec2.jpg   Suggestions Please!-nitros-003.jpg   Suggestions Please!-sportwerks-mayhem-pro-001.jpg  

Last edited by imprtcrx; 01-30-2009 at 08:16 AM. Reason: added
Old 01-30-2009, 08:02 AM
Tech Adept

the xray isnt to bad of a car for a first buggy if you build it with a decent motor you could be competitive at local club races easy...

the 2 sportwerks dont be scared to run them on the street and jump curbs i mean they arnt that great of cars so i wuold use them for bashing around the backyard and stuff
Old 01-30-2009, 08:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (89%+)

Originally Posted by ruggydriver
the xray isnt to bad of a car for a first buggy if you build it with a decent motor you could be competitive at local club races easy...

the 2 sportwerks dont be scared to run them on the street and jump curbs i mean they arnt that great of cars so i wuold use them for bashing around the backyard and stuff
+1
Old 01-30-2009, 08:15 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (86%+)
Default buggies

that was what i was gonna do.. I was thinking of racing the xray this season at local tracks.. And just bashing the sportwerks buggies...
Old 01-30-2009, 08:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 227 (100%+)

Originally Posted by imprtcrx
I just recently picked up three buggies:

First: Xray Xb8 EC roller, How is this buggy? Can it be competitive racing? How easy is it to get parts? For racing which motor should i go with, and pipe. Any set-ups helpful.

Second: Sportwerks Mayhem pro w/ .26 motor, Opinions on this buggy..

Third: Sportwerks Turmoil Pro w/ Go-tech .21 motor, opinions also.
I ran an Xray EC for a while and with the right tune job on it you will be competitive at the local club races. Make sure you take the time to set it up and get intimate with the myriad of tuning options available on that ride. Personally the only changes I made to mine, and they were absolutely critical to get the car to handle, truggy gear conversion (replace crown and pinion gear with those from the truggy. This will be the most drastic change, but well worth it. All the pros ran it this way before upgrading to the Ultra plush 808) for both front and rear diff., also, dremel the front arms for more steering throw. Go to Xray's website and you find the mod in great detail listed there. I believe it was Bren Ralls' that did the mod and posted detailed pics. Here is the link:
http://forum.teamxray.com/viewtopic....ghlight=#64191

With these two changes your Xray will become a very capable ride with very predictable handling.

Quality is second to none when it comes to Xray. They take a lickn' and keep on tickn'. Parts should be easy enough to find on ebay and some hobby shops - http://carolinasrc.com/Webstore/Scri...idcategory=216.

Great first car...you will not be disappointed! Let me know if you have any questions. Also, the stock shocks suck, so get yourself a set of Kcar/Jammin BB's. That is all you will need...! Also, I just noticed that there is an Al. rear chassis race...ditch it for the plastic version, the front is fine. The rear Al. brace makes the car too stiff.