R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   How to align perfectly? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/271533-how-align-perfectly.html)

pinky2252s 01-29-2009 03:21 PM

How to align perfectly?

For the past 4 years ive aligned engines on my t-maxx, and now that i have my buggy its a bit more complicated.

when ever i run my buggy i hear a "shiiiiinnnngggggg" sound, it doesnt sound bad its not like a bearing is blown or its wobbling its just a steady sound of the clutch bell and the spur gear together, does that mean its to tight?
I dont want to blow my clutch bell and spur gear!

ace921000 01-29-2009 03:24 PM

Well on my buggy my clutch bell and center diff make noise. I think I know what your talking about though. If your mesh is good and you don't have the gears grinding you should be fine. I'm pretty sure it's just the sound the gears make. But then again, I can't hear your car so I just have to make a educated answer for your question.

pinky2252s 01-29-2009 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by ace921000 (Post 5360704)
Well on my buggy my clutch bell and center diff make noise. I think I know what your talking about though. If your mesh is good and you don't have the gears grinding you should be fine. I'm pretty sure it's just the sound the gears make. But then again, I can't hear your car so I just have to make a educated answer for your question.

Yea, its just a light humming

Jaz240 01-29-2009 04:02 PM

I have it also..I think its ok, as my bearings dont blow, my gears are fine, and the power is awesome..I think because you cant really grease em, its the noise metal to metal contact makes.

pinky2252s 01-29-2009 04:04 PM

It might just be the gears inside the center diff because they made a hum when i was spinning them with my hand to get to grease threw them

NCWC 01-29-2009 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by pinky2252s (Post 5360860)
It might just be the gears inside the center diff because they made a hum when i was spinning them with my hand to get to grease threw them

Nah, its the clutchbell pinion gear meshing with the spur gear, mine does it too and ive never had a problem. I guess its the way the clutchbell is shaped causing it to "ring". As long as you have a little bit of backlash (play), correct shimming, and the centerline of the crankshaft is parallel with the centerline of the center diff (from front to back) you wont have any problems. If your mesh is too tight, I dont think it will roll free enough to make that "schiiiiiiing" noise your talking about.

jrwoodchuck 01-29-2009 04:35 PM

Pinky,

So hows that sound go again?????:D:D:D

couldn't resest...

you know about denver-rc.com don't you?

pinky2252s 01-29-2009 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by jrwoodchuck (Post 5361024)
Pinky,

So hows that sound go again?????:D:D:D

couldn't resest...

you know about denver-rc.com don't you?

O haha (sarcasm if you didnt pick up on it)

shit, no i dont