Community
Wiki Posts
Search

smack talk at the track.

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 01:54 PM
Tech Master

Default smack talk at the track.

I'm from Denver and moved to Dallas about a year ago. In Colorado, smack talk is required to race at any track there. Even the rookies on there first time at the track are expected to dish it out. Down here in Texas if I try to have fun, I feel that it's unacceptable. Up north I'm tame but I still dish it out, but down here I seem to be the biggest trash talker. So my question is...

Is there other tracks around the country ware makin fun of others cars, driving or lack of driving normal? Or is it just in Colorado?
Old 01-28-2009, 02:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Come up here to Action RC.
We can give you some trash talking if needed.
Sportsman to Expert....I beat them all down.......
Guess you need to be in with the clicks down there to have fun...
up here its all good....only about 3hrs from where you at so head on up
here in April for the Free For All race
no fees nothing all day
will be plenty packed
Old 01-28-2009, 02:15 PM
Tech Master

I was planning to come up to Oklahoma this race season. I'm easy to find, I'm the one handed fat mexican.
Old 01-28-2009, 02:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jrwoodchuck
Dallas
I'm in Plano and race at Indy R/C. I talk trash with people I know... like one last week who qualified 12th (of 14). I asked him, "Will you be able fit the digits on your car?". He got a big kick out of that.

I also see quite a few people who take themselves and/or racing way too seriously. Those self-important types... I avoid them anyway, so I don't care to try and trash talk with them.

Things I've learned growing up in north Texas... Trash talk with people you're already friendly with. Others might take offense.
Old 01-28-2009, 02:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I also race and Indy and I trash talk with my friends.. if someone I do not know does it, may not be taken the right way... feel free to trash talk with me, I have the blue, black and silver D8.
Old 01-28-2009, 02:27 PM
Tech Master

I was at indy on sat, but I was putting up satellite for Steve and not racing. I just got a new 808 and will be breaking my engine in there next week, so I hope to race in the next couple of weeks. I deffenetly want to be use to the car for the "Ice breaker" race in march. When I race nitro I hang out with Ron Fleck Sr and Jr.
Old 01-28-2009, 02:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I know the flecks, we're good friends.. I will be up there alot getting ready for the same race...
Old 01-28-2009, 02:38 PM
Tech Regular

I'm Mark, obviously. I have a Mugen MBX5 and Losi 8ight. I'm relatively new, but some Indy people know me as the guy with the fancy camera. I photograph races and such. I make my own work hours, so I spend as much time at Indy as I can.

There aren't any real pics of Indy's track, so I took it upon myself to do it. lol.
http://texasrc.net/images/texasrc_ne...rack_large.jpg

And a 360 pic of the store:
http://texasrc.net/images/texasrc_net_-_indyrc_shop.jpg

EDIT: pics too big. click links instead

Last edited by markr04; 01-28-2009 at 03:12 PM.
Old 01-28-2009, 02:45 PM
Tech Master

nice picts! But damn!!!!!!!! could ya make them any smaller so it would be easer to view this thread.......... (the smack talker in me wants out)

btw, I'm not knocking Dallas racers at all, they are a good group of people. Oh, are they going to redo the track for the ice braker?

Last edited by jrwoodchuck; 01-28-2009 at 03:04 PM.
Old 01-28-2009, 03:14 PM
Tech Regular

nice picts! But damn!!!!!!!! could ya make them any smaller so it would be easer to view this thread.......... (the smack talker in me wants out)

btw, I'm not knocking Dallas racers at all, they are a good group of people. Oh, are they going to redo the track for the ice braker?
I fixed my post.

The track is being redone in two weeks, I believe. Ron said there will (or may be) a rhythm section in the back. Don't quote me on that, though.
Old 01-28-2009, 03:22 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by markr04
I fixed my post.

The track is being redone in two weeks, I believe. Ron said there will (or may be) a rhythm section in the back. Don't quote me on that, though.
i didn't mean for you to take the picts out.. As far as a rhythm section, I hope, I hope, I hope.... Thats ware I do 80% of my passing, I don't know how I do it, but I do.
Old 01-28-2009, 03:39 PM
Tech Regular

i didn't mean for you to take the picts out.
I'm not offended. You were right, the size skewed the thread window.
Old 01-28-2009, 03:52 PM
Tech Elite

Up here in northern Alberta Canada.. the trash talk never stops.. as everyone knows we have our off season for nitro but we get it going even more as a prelude to the snow leaving and the track opening.. personally this is a fun hobby.. if your nothing but serious and cant take a joke then you do not belong in this sport.. think about it.. these are childrens toys! (just really expensive)
Old 01-28-2009, 08:24 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Here in Arkansas we have a Dirt Oval track Called Smack Talk RaceWay that is the name of the track . And if you don't talk Smack You are gone to HATE this place we will take it EZ on the new guys at first but after a couple of weeks it is On and he better Step up are Step OFF. LOL
Old 01-28-2009, 09:28 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 123 (100%+)

I'm from Denver and moved to Dallas about a year ago. In Colorado, smack talk is required to race at any track there. Even the rookies on there first time at the track are expected to dish it out. Down here in Texas if I try to have fun, I feel that it's unacceptable. Up north I'm tame but I still dish it out, but down here I seem to be the biggest trash talker. So my question is...

Is there other tracks around the country ware makin fun of others cars, driving or lack of driving normal? Or is it just in Colorado?

Doug, you are one of the nicest guys at the track! I can't believe that people would take your dodo talk too seriously. You probably don't remember me, but you helped me out a bit when I started running at MHOR. (Amry guy with Losi buggy and 7 year old son racing a truck...) Truly a great guy and ambassador of the sport. Just keep being yourself and you'll have them all laughing and talking smack with you in no time

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.