Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Deciding.   Nitro rustler 2.5 or HPI RS4 MT2 3.0?? >

Deciding. Nitro rustler 2.5 or HPI RS4 MT2 3.0??

Deciding. Nitro rustler 2.5 or HPI RS4 MT2 3.0??

Old 01-30-2009, 09:42 AM
Tech Regular

Default Deciding. Nitro rustler 2.5 or HPI RS4 MT2 3.0??

Im choosing between the nitro rustler 2.5 or the niro RS4 MT2 . I was thinking the RS4 because it should handle better with 4wd (car is for a beginner) but the rustler should be a bit faster. Whats the better way to go?
Old 01-30-2009, 09:54 AM
Tech Master

For a beginner I would go with the RS4 because HPI plastic is real tough and it is 4 wheel drive which will make it easier to control. Don't expect it to turn real good on a race track though. Both aren't made for that.
Old 01-30-2009, 10:15 AM
Tech Regular

Any others in their price range that will handle better but still produce as much speed?
Old 01-30-2009, 10:45 AM
Tech Master

Theres really nothing in that category of car that will produce the same amount of top speed.
The GT2 from Team Associated will handle better than the Nitro Rustler and the RS4, but the parts are easier to break.
It's really a compromise. If your goal is to race competitively then the GT2 would be better. If your goal is to just bash and have fun then Nitro Rustler or RS4 would be better.
Old 01-30-2009, 11:23 AM
Tech Regular

What about the Jato 3.3. Worth the extra money over the MT? Which is more durable?
Old 01-30-2009, 11:28 AM
Tech Master

The jato 3.3 is to much car for a beginner. It has a top speed in the 60s
At that speed any car would break. If you take it to an off road track it will just spin out anytime you touch the gas. It's made primarily for street use and for someone with some r/c experience under their belt.
Old 01-30-2009, 12:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (86%+)
Default trucks

The last comment on the jato is somewhat of a opinion, i had a jato 3.3, and yes very fast. I also took it to a track for some pratice runs. Didn't do that bad, considering i took out the two speed and put in the single speed conversion, and new wheels and tires. The rustler is fast and never drove on a track just bashed it. The Hpi rs4 mt, i have had some major problems with, the arms break very easily, and the material in the metal in the diffs is weak. I bought mine brand new drove it once and blew out both diffs, sent it to hpi and got it back and it happened again.. Now remeber u have the xtm xcellerators, and the nitro duratrax evader...
Old 01-30-2009, 12:16 PM
Tech Regular

Heres another thing to consider. I have these JR racing Z250 Standard Race Servos that still work and a 75Mhz reciever. Is there a kit I could for around 300 that is better then anything mentioned and needs the servos and radio? Keep in mind that the person thats buying it want a car with roto or EZ start for example , not pull start.
Deciding.   Nitro rustler 2.5 or HPI RS4 MT2 3.0??-pic_0003.jpg
Deciding.   Nitro rustler 2.5 or HPI RS4 MT2 3.0??-pic_0009.jpg