novarossi p5x

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 07:35 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Joe_Racer
Hey Monty, any comment on my post?

Thanks
ofna pipes are awesome , just brittle casey should be able to tell you the best combos he is a sponsored novarossi racer .
Old 01-28-2009, 03:07 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by houston
biased???
run what you are used to , i have put many nova carbs on trinity, OS and GO engines and they all ran better after doing so
Well, maybe I'll try my Nova carb in a different engine, funny how so many engine parts mix
Old 01-28-2009, 07:44 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Monty,
I already have Casey's opinion, I was looking for yours. Do you think that the Dynamite pipes are as good as Novarossi pipes? And does the increased run time and better top end come from the pipe combo or adding the shim?

Thanks
Old 01-28-2009, 07:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)
Default nova

ok well there seems to be quite a few combos to choose from. can someone tell me if i run 20-25% fuel what plug should i run? i wanna stick with a nova plug since it will go in a nova engine. but what plug should i get? and as far as pipes go; os 2050,ofna/dynamite 053/086,nova9886??? i have a ofna jp-4,will this be suitable for this engine?
Old 01-28-2009, 08:13 PM
Tech Prophet

Monty,
I already have Casey's opinion, I was looking for yours. Do you think that the Dynamite pipes are as good as Novarossi pipes? And does the increased run time and better top end come from the pipe combo or adding the shim?

Thanks
. the funny thing is , i have had ohhhhh lets just say a few pro drivers ask me for my advice on engine particulars and tuning ( i think i have a problem and need a proffesionals help, its a serious addiction)and i am respected by many people as knowing way too much about big block nitro mechanics , tuning and how to make the engines perform as you want without making them overperform as some modders do its about having a great useable power rather than having stupid insane power that gains you no improvement in driveabilty or lap times . come see me if you want when i am at the pit from friday to sunday . actually , i guess casey and the AZ fast guys have chose to hold a "tuning 101" class this weekend at the pit so there is another option for ya joe racer

happy motorin',
monty

Last edited by houston; 01-28-2009 at 08:36 PM.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by houston
. the funny thing is , i have had ohhhhh lets just say a few pro drivers ask me for my advice on engine particulars and tuning ( i think i have a problem and need a proffesionals help, its a serious addiction)and i am respected by many people as knowing way too much about big block nitro mechanics , tuning and how to make the engines perform as you want without making them overperform as some modders do its about having a great useable power rather than having stupid insane power that gains you no improvement in driveabilty or lap times . come see me if you want when i am at the pit from friday to sunday . actually , i guess casey and the AZ fast guys have chose to hold a "tuning 101" class this weekend at the pit so there is another option for ya joe racer

happy motorin',
monty
I am going to try to make it out to the Pit this weekend, however, there are those that don't live in AZ that might be interested in an answer to my question on the shimming. If it improves run time and top end is there any reason not to do it. I also wonder why Novarossi sets up their engines for 25% nitro when that % is not something you can buy off the shelf. I, in no way mean any disrespect to you or your knowledge. I just like to hear different points of view, and when someone has a certin point of view I like to hear the logic behind their thinking. It sounds like Casey doesn't like Dynamite pipes but you do, so I just wanted to know why you do. I race on a budget and Dynamite pipes are a lot cheaper than Novarossi pipes, every vehicle I have has a JP pipe on it, but you said JP pipes work very poorly on Novarossi engines. If JP pipes are as non compatible with Novarossi engines as you say they are, thats a lot of money to switch all those pipes. Stav thinks the world of you, and based on what he has said about you I look forward very much to meeting you and picking your brain for info. Hope to see you Sat.
Old 01-28-2009, 10:00 PM
Tech Prophet

I am going to try to make it out to the Pit this weekend, however, there are those that don't live in AZ that might be interested in an answer to my question on the shimming. If it improves run time and top end is there any reason not to do it. I also wonder why Novarossi sets up their engines for 25% nitro when that % is not something you can buy off the shelf. I, in no way mean any disrespect to you or your knowledge. I just like to hear different points of view, and when someone has a certin point of view I like to hear the logic behind their thinking. It sounds like Casey doesn't like Dynamite pipes but you do, so I just wanted to know why you do. I race on a budget and Dynamite pipes are a lot cheaper than Novarossi pipes, every vehicle I have has a JP pipe on it, but you said JP pipes work very poorly on Novarossi engines. If JP pipes are as non compatible with Novarossi engines as you say they are, thats a lot of money to switch all those pipes. Stav thinks the world of you, and based on what he has said about you I look forward very much to meeting you and picking your brain for info. Hope to see you Sat.
the.10mm shim makes for an easier break in(sometimes i add .20mm worth of shims for run in period), improves the top end and tunability of the engine , it is not 100% necessary but many of the engines run a bit better with the shim added . as far as dynamite pipes , they are the best in durability and performance for the money granted the nova pipes are awesooommmeee! but $$$$$ very pricey the ofna pipes are not actually true specs to the number designation but they are awesome as well in the way they resonate and make big power . i like them but they are also brittle

monty
Old 01-29-2009, 01:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Monty,

One of these days I am going to look for my 2 stroke notes from MMI and do some skimming. I am sure some of that information would be usefull. I think I even had some notes and calculations for making pipes/porting/port mapping/performance gains and RPM goals.
Old 01-30-2009, 03:13 PM
Tech Regular

Questions??

Ok, now I've done some tidying in my hobbyroom. And I took off my old unidentified pipe from my RB-S3, just to replace the bend from my JP4 (broken).
Now I have this lying around:
- Novarossi 2015
- JP 4 (currently on my P5X)
- JP2
What would You advice me to use on my P5X, and any thoughts of the best choice for the RB-S3 (so far only used wit the unidentified and the JP2).
Old 01-30-2009, 03:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by casevac
Ok, now I've done some tidying in my hobbyroom. And I took off my old unidentified pipe from my RB-S3, just to replace the bend from my JP4 (broken).
Now I have this lying around:
- Novarossi 2015
- JP 4 (currently on my P5X)
- JP2
What would You advice me to use on my P5X, and any thoughts of the best choice for the RB-S3 (so far only used wit the unidentified and the JP2).
I think the JP-4 would be the best on the P5X. I believe the S3 works best with a RB 2020 or Sirio 2013. Not sure about the NR 2015. Thats an onroad pipe.
Old 01-30-2009, 03:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

i use 20% with a mc8 and ofna 086 in my hyper 8.5 and my p5x couldnt be happier.