R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   ---What Servo's for Full racing! Help Needed!---- (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/270458-what-servos-full-racing-help-needed.html)

jamiekerr14 01-25-2009 06:38 PM

---What Servo's for Full racing! Help Needed!----

Hey guys, Um basically I have a Hyper 8.5 Ect.. running a Go .21 7 Port
And HS-325HB-Throttle + hs-546mg Steering
I know, They are not great servo's But those were for when I was starting out, little basing a some track racing. Im finally going to get into racing properly now:nod: and Im asking for your opinions on some Top Notch Servo's.. Im not a exspert on servo's so that's why Im asking.. I have looked at the Relativly new Savox servos. As I spoke to John Hazlewood, about his and has nothing but praise for them. So I was wondering if people have feedback on those servos. As On saturday did few laps, and watching some others they were really getting some, stopping power, and some fast steering. Because mine seemed very sluggish, And I have pathetic brakes compared to most at the track. And my turning radius was wide aswell, That was on the max lock I could get. I presume, and strong tourqy servo would help? So yea Im asking for your top opinions on Servo's. Something really nice, will give me great torque ect.. and hold up well. Please state what servo, and A link If possible to UK sites.. cheers!

Thanks alot Jamie Kerr Hopefully going to get these on order in the next few days..

superdave2 01-25-2009 06:42 PM

i would go with the jr z9100s and jr z9100t i have the s in my truggy for the throttle nd that thing just screams but i have the jr z9000t for my sterring and you cant budgt that thing i would highly reccomend thoses servos;)

LIVipers 01-25-2009 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by superdave2 (Post 5341197)
i would go with the jr z9100s and jr z9100t i have the s in my truggy for the throttle nd that thing just screams but i have the jr z9000t for my sterring and you cant budgt that thing i would highly reccomend thoses servos;)

+1. The JR9100 series are great performing servos. Plus I believe they come with a three year warranty.

jamiekerr14 01-25-2009 06:45 PM

Thanks for the replies guys, Anyone have a Uk site link that sells them. Looked but cant find any??

[email protected] 01-25-2009 06:45 PM

I was just looking at servos as well and I found a source on rcuniverse buy/sell store for a high torques metal gear digital steering servo. The company is pwer plus pro servos and the servo is advertised at 202 oz. in of torque which is a ton. Also the best part is there about 25 bucks and a full money back gaurantee. I decided to try one out and see and if I dont like it I just send it back you know. Also rcuniverse gave it a great review along with a video which I suggest you check out. Cant hurt to give it a try!!

jamiekerr14 01-25-2009 06:46 PM

Yea, Remeber im in th UK mate. though..

Jaz240 01-25-2009 06:48 PM

Hitech, JR, KO propo, or Futaba as long as they are fast and strong will do the trick. i have used all kinds and never had a problem. JR has the best motors, Hitec has the best service, Futaba has the best gears, and KO propo has the best electronics, IMO get at least 200Oz. in and no more than .25 seconds at 6 volts

jamiekerr14 01-25-2009 06:53 PM

Yea, The savox
SPEC:

SC-1256 Steering
Speed-0.15
Torque-277
Weight-52g

SC-1258 Throttle
Speed-0.08
Torque-166
Weight-53.4g

blktransam 01-25-2009 07:00 PM

I have been running the futaba brushless servos and am in love with them...I run the bls351 on my throttle and my steering in my buggy. never had a issue and they are always cool to the touch after a long main.

jamiekerr14 01-25-2009 07:05 PM

Yea, They do look amazing but Im not 110% sure I can Justify £125 on 1 servo.. haha I think I like th £50 each range.. tbh.. as Im only a student.. so on a slight budget. But thanks though! You definatly showed me what I asked for, If the price was lower they could have sealed the deal..

jamiekerr14 01-25-2009 08:02 PM

Anyone tried the Savox Servo's.. any thoughts on them there nice and withing my ideal budget..??

Jaz240 01-25-2009 10:01 PM

Dont ask which servos to buy and then say they are too expensive. That's lame, next time give a price range:lol:

Dont trust no-frills cheep servo's like Bluebird, etc. or Joe's servos

If you want reliable race proven winners listen to the people who are answering your question, or just pick the cheepest servos you can find and be done with it

losi_racer 01-26-2009 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by Jaz240 (Post 5342180)
Dont ask which servos to buy and then say they are too expensive. That's lame, next time give a price range:lol:

Dont trust no-frills cheep servo's like Bluebird, etc. or Joe's servos

If you want reliable race proven winners listen to the people who are answering your question, or just pick the cheepest servos you can find and be done with it

+1

jamiekerr14 01-26-2009 05:18 AM

Im sorry if I cnat justify spending £250 on 2 servos. Ok.. mY budget is around £50 For 1 servo ideally. Im, not going to go ang get crappy ones.. if so I wouldnt have asked, Im asking you guys. As most of you lot would have had alot of exsperience with servo's as I havnt.. but want some top ones.. but in the £50 and roughly $68 range ideally may pay a little more.. but Im sorry if I cant shed out £125 for 1 servo on a Student Budget.. Thanks for the help so far guys.

wallot 01-26-2009 05:23 AM

for cheap and still good servos look at Thunder Tiger servos like DS1015 and DS1013 (in US sold under ACE brand name)