Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Hot Bodies D8 Truggy >

Hot Bodies D8 Truggy

Like Tree10Likes

Hot Bodies D8 Truggy

Old 01-26-2009, 02:35 PM
Tech Adept

I doubt HB wants them all over the internet until they have an official release planned...

Originally Posted by free2day77 View Post
I know there aren't any from hot bodies, I talked to travis today and the pic released on neobuggy is all that is public right now.
Old 01-26-2009, 02:38 PM
Tech Master

With everything as far forward on the D8T the trick is gonna be finding a set up that keeps the back end planted.
Old 01-26-2009, 03:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hellsavage View Post
Is there anyone who thought "Lets take a pic of that" and did it also

mzl Hellsavage
I thought about it but didn't bring a camera and as previously stated I am sure he wouldn't have allowed pics you'll see them soon enough though..

true...alan because that sucker is way up there lol..it'll be fine on a smooth track but on bumpy ones it'll prove to be hard to setup...Travis had to drop his oils a whole lot to get it through the ruff stuff better..I think it's a a good truck but time will tell when all the normal(not super fast sponsored guys) get the trucks
Old 01-26-2009, 10:20 PM
Tech Master

Yup.
I know I'll be getting one when they come out.
Old 01-27-2009, 05:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Here's a little more teaser info.
http://http://www.neobuggy.net/modul...p?storyid=5524
Old 01-29-2009, 07:27 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NsideLine View Post
Oh, just curious - I wonder if it'll be the D8T, the D8 Stadium, or the D8ST... HB has used "Stadium" with the lightning series in the past... Any thoughts?
On the Hot Bodies USA website they have the neobuggy link with a pic of Travis holding the new truggy and they call it the D8T too..... It's official
Old 01-30-2009, 07:01 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by coaltrain View Post
On the Hot Bodies USA website they have the neobuggy link with a pic of Travis holding the new truggy and they call it the D8T too..... It's official
Yeah, That''s cool. I like the name "D8T" better than D8 Stadium, or whatever... Keep it simple...
Old 01-30-2009, 10:01 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I for one cannot wait for this thing to be out... been a long time since I raced a truggy and I am getting the itch again...
Old 01-30-2009, 04:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I think if Travis would have had more timr to test it, he would have beat the Losi's. I think it will be the truck to beat this year. I will reitiring the old lightning come April.
Old 01-30-2009, 05:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xxxn-t chuck View Post
I think if Travis would have had more timr to test it, he would have beat the Losi's. I think it will be the truck to beat this year. I will reitiring the old lightning come April.
whoa wouldn't go that far...however it was his first race and he did 3rd in a star studded main. The truck looked excellent though I won't say it'll be the fastest truck this year but it will def be a top contender
Old 01-30-2009, 06:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Alan D. View Post
With everything as far forward on the D8T the trick is gonna be finding a set up that keeps the back end planted.
I disagree.... I'll explain my point of view....

IMO in the last few years the biggest things that have come along in 1/8 racing is big bore shocks, and weight balance.

Big Bores are a big improvement, in performance and durability both. Longer times between rebuilds, and dead consistent performance.

Weight Balance is probably the biggest of the two, These days everyone is moving the engine, center diff, fuel tanks, and major mass in the radio tray forward. This does alot of things but the most important might be they improve the rough track/jumping ability and also take weight off the rear... now the first impulse is to think the weight off the rear is going to take traction away..... lets go in a different direction for a minute. If I run Car "A" and I have to run a Jammin blue spring, 1.3s and 40wt to maintain ride height through the bumps and jumps is that car going to take them as well as Car "B" with white springs, 1.3s and 30wt? The softer the spring and oil the more traction your going to have..... my money is on Car "B" having alot more rear traction AND being a ton more consistent than Car "A".

It really all depends on the amount of weight the shocks have to support. The lighter the car the least amount of spring and dampening required. Basically, IMO the old weight balanced cars, 777, MBX5, odonnel, RC8 are at a distinct dis-advantage side by side with a newer balanced car. Those cars, especially the RC8, obviously are still competitive at any level. I think you have to be extremely good at setup, to get the same results, which seem to come alot easier with a weight forward car.

My .02
Old 01-30-2009, 08:47 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default D8T

i've heard from a very good source that the D8T will be available in April, but do not know date!
Old 01-30-2009, 10:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (98%+)

come on hpi tell us when it will be out and I will be one of the first to get one
Old 01-31-2009, 05:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Tony,
You said a mouth full. Balance of the RC car is here now.
All the new truggies have seen a little extra length on the wheelbase and all the guts have been moved towards the center and pushed forwards. Looking foward to seeing the new Mugen truggy too.
Old 01-31-2009, 07:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by free2day77 View Post
I for one cannot wait for this thing to be out... been a long time since I raced a truggy and I am getting the itch again...
Same man I'm really gettin the itch. I cant wait for it to come out.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service