Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Hot Bodies D8 Truggy >

Hot Bodies D8 Truggy

Like Tree10Likes

Hot Bodies D8 Truggy

Reply

Old 01-21-2009, 10:03 PM
  #31  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (44)
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Some where
Posts: 3,040
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

a 14.8v 2200 or above should safice for starter box duties
NitroLuver is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 05:09 AM
  #32  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (68)
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 4,583
Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)
Default

I agree that the Ofna truggy box can start a bulldozer. I am wishing for a box
or adapter plate that would allow the D8 army to start their machines with the use of one starter box. The Losi box uses something a little different that can be flipped foward for the buggy and back for the truggy. The Losi box may be a total terd, I don't know but the design is something that I would love to see because I don't want to lug around 2 boxes.
Greg B is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 06:04 PM
  #33  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
coaltrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 357
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Hard to tell but it looks like they are running the same shocks as the D8.
coaltrain is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 06:01 AM
  #34  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (59)
 
blktransam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: IOWA
Posts: 4,254
Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)
Default

I use the losi starter box LiPo in my ofna truggy box.....last forever and starts anything!
blktransam is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 07:13 AM
  #35  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (8)
 
Integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 12,484
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

100$ or 35$.....Name brand or Knock off ebay brand....Ill take the cheepo ANY day for a starter box battery.
Integra is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 08:21 AM
  #36  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
free2day77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 370
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Integra View Post
100$ or 35$.....Name brand or Knock off ebay brand....Ill take the cheepo ANY day for a starter box battery.
what is the ebay store that carries the knock off batteries? or what is the search criteria to find them?
free2day77 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 08:23 AM
  #37  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (8)
 
Integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 12,484
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by free2day77 View Post
what is the ebay store that carries the knock off batteries? or what is the search criteria to find them?


type in 14.8v Lipo DO NOT TOUCH any lipo that does not have a C rating on it....NOT worth it.
Integra is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 08:26 AM
  #38  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
free2day77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 370
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

thanks
free2day77 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 11:15 AM
  #39  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
coaltrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 357
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I was just looking at the results from the Airtronics Winter Champs at Rev Raceway and Travis Amezcua finished 3 in expert truggy, I'm assuming with the new D8T. Just scanning the lap times it looked like he turned the fastest laps of the mains, his lowest was 43/sec flat(if I remember correctly) with several other laps .2-.7 seconds slower.
coaltrain is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 11:20 AM
  #40  
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: So Cal
Posts: 1,696
Default

Yup Travis was running the D8T. Its sooooooo sweeet.
That shocks are stupidly smooth.
Can't wait till they come out.
Alan D. is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 01:08 PM
  #41  
Tech Adept
 
NsideLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Foothill Ranch, CA
Posts: 188
Default D8T? D8 Stadium, D8ST?

Travis looked good on Sunday. His first round on Sat. was good enough for 6th in the A, I believe. In amateur, I did decent and qualified 2nd in the first round, 2 secs. off of TQ, and then the track wen't to crap and no one caought the top 4 or 5. Got really rough and unpredictable, but truggies handled it better... The damn Losi guys are really fast and smooth with that new T-2.0. Thing looks funky, but it definitely gets the job done. Especially when its' blown out like that. Travis passed Adam and loomked like he'd hold it for a bit near the end of their main, but then had a few bobbles and Adam went right by. But overall, the truck looked pretty good. It looks like the buggy, but with an extra long chassis in the rear, way extended driveshaft and cvd, and new towers and arms. Oh, and the 112mm rear dampers...
The weight is all the way forward. The rear driveshaft is lengthy to say the least. Will be interesting to see if they make a change before final release. The CVD is just soo long and there's a lot of play where the driveshaft meets up with it. I'm guessing all of the major components are final but there may be a few more things they are still looking at, like that. Should be a solid truck though, once it is dialed in. GJ Travis.

Oh, just curious - I wonder if it'll be the D8T, the D8 Stadium, or the D8ST... HB has used "Stadium" with the lightning series in the past... Any thoughts?
NsideLine is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 01:35 PM
  #42  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (44)
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Some where
Posts: 3,040
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by NsideLine View Post
Travis looked good on Sunday. His first round on Sat. was good enough for 6th in the A, I believe. In amateur, I did decent and qualified 2nd in the first round, 2 secs. off of TQ, and then the track wen't to crap and no one caought the top 4 or 5. Got really rough and unpredictable, but truggies handled it better... The damn Losi guys are really fast and smooth with that new T-2.0. Thing looks funky, but it definitely gets the job done. Especially when its' blown out like that. Travis passed Adam and loomked like he'd hold it for a bit near the end of their main, but then had a few bobbles and Adam went right by. But overall, the truck looked pretty good. It looks like the buggy, but with an extra long chassis in the rear, way extended driveshaft and cvd, and new towers and arms. Oh, and the 112mm rear dampers...
The weight is all the way forward. The rear driveshaft is lengthy to say the least. Will be interesting to see if they make a change before final release. The CVD is just soo long and there's a lot of play where the driveshaft meets up with it. I'm guessing all of the major components are final but there may be a few more things they are still looking at, like that. Should be a solid truck though, once it is dialed in. GJ Travis.

Oh, just curious - I wonder if it'll be the D8T, the D8 Stadium, or the D8ST... HB has used "Stadium" with the lightning series in the past... Any thoughts?
lets not forget it's got a pretty narrow chassis and the motor is like almost dead center...travis had a good showing..but drake and truhe were fast...the D8T looks as though when piloted correctly it'll be a major force in the truggy world...
NitroLuver is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 02:12 PM
  #43  
Tech Adept
 
Hellsavage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 222
Default

Is there anyone who thought "Lets take a pic of that" and did it also

mzl Hellsavage
Hellsavage is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 02:13 PM
  #44  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
free2day77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 370
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

I know there aren't any from hot bodies, I talked to travis today and the pic released on neobuggy is all that is public right now.
free2day77 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 02:33 PM
  #45  
Tech Adept
 
NsideLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Foothill Ranch, CA
Posts: 188
Default

Originally Posted by NitroLuver View Post
lets not forget it's got a pretty narrow chassis and the motor is like almost dead center...travis had a good showing..but drake and truhe were fast...the D8T looks as though when piloted correctly it'll be a major force in the truggy world...

Yes, but it is beneficial to have the weight centralized, not the motor. Does no good to say the motor is dead centered on the car, if all the rest of the weight is distributed unevenly. It seems like having the weight forward is the new trend across the board when it comes to all of the manufacturers new kits, but it is especially far forward on the HB truck. Almost as if it would have required more new parts and have been harder to redesign both ends of the chassis layout, so they just extended the rear, and left the front identical to the buggy. The only other difference to the main chassis components seems to be the tank (to get it to 150cc) looked to be a bit taller. Because it fits snugly already on the buggy, and would have to be the same size front and back, side to side, so up is the only way they could go...

Last edited by NsideLine; 01-26-2009 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Pic
NsideLine is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service