Old 01-21-2009, 10:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

a 14.8v 2200 or above should safice for starter box duties
Old 01-22-2009, 05:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

I agree that the Ofna truggy box can start a bulldozer. I am wishing for a box
or adapter plate that would allow the D8 army to start their machines with the use of one starter box. The Losi box uses something a little different that can be flipped foward for the buggy and back for the truggy. The Losi box may be a total terd, I don't know but the design is something that I would love to see because I don't want to lug around 2 boxes.
Old 01-24-2009, 06:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hard to tell but it looks like they are running the same shocks as the D8.
Old 01-25-2009, 06:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

I use the losi starter box LiPo in my ofna truggy box.....last forever and starts anything!
Old 01-25-2009, 07:13 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

100$ or 35$.....Name brand or Knock off ebay brand....Ill take the cheepo ANY day for a starter box battery.
Old 01-25-2009, 08:21 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Integra View Post
100$ or 35$.....Name brand or Knock off ebay brand....Ill take the cheepo ANY day for a starter box battery.
what is the ebay store that carries the knock off batteries? or what is the search criteria to find them?
Old 01-25-2009, 08:23 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by free2day77 View Post
what is the ebay store that carries the knock off batteries? or what is the search criteria to find them?

type in 14.8v Lipo DO NOT TOUCH any lipo that does not have a C rating on it....NOT worth it.
Old 01-25-2009, 08:26 AM
Tech Regular

thanks
Old 01-26-2009, 11:15 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I was just looking at the results from the Airtronics Winter Champs at Rev Raceway and Travis Amezcua finished 3 in expert truggy, I'm assuming with the new D8T. Just scanning the lap times it looked like he turned the fastest laps of the mains, his lowest was 43/sec flat(if I remember correctly) with several other laps .2-.7 seconds slower.
Old 01-26-2009, 11:20 AM
Tech Master

Yup Travis was running the D8T. Its sooooooo sweeet.
That shocks are stupidly smooth.
Can't wait till they come out.
Old 01-26-2009, 01:08 PM
Tech Adept

Default D8T? D8 Stadium, D8ST?

Travis looked good on Sunday. His first round on Sat. was good enough for 6th in the A, I believe. In amateur, I did decent and qualified 2nd in the first round, 2 secs. off of TQ, and then the track wen't to crap and no one caought the top 4 or 5. Got really rough and unpredictable, but truggies handled it better... The damn Losi guys are really fast and smooth with that new T-2.0. Thing looks funky, but it definitely gets the job done. Especially when its' blown out like that. Travis passed Adam and loomked like he'd hold it for a bit near the end of their main, but then had a few bobbles and Adam went right by. But overall, the truck looked pretty good. It looks like the buggy, but with an extra long chassis in the rear, way extended driveshaft and cvd, and new towers and arms. Oh, and the 112mm rear dampers...
The weight is all the way forward. The rear driveshaft is lengthy to say the least. Will be interesting to see if they make a change before final release. The CVD is just soo long and there's a lot of play where the driveshaft meets up with it. I'm guessing all of the major components are final but there may be a few more things they are still looking at, like that. Should be a solid truck though, once it is dialed in. GJ Travis.

Oh, just curious - I wonder if it'll be the D8T, the D8 Stadium, or the D8ST... HB has used "Stadium" with the lightning series in the past... Any thoughts?
Old 01-26-2009, 01:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NsideLine View Post
Travis looked good on Sunday. His first round on Sat. was good enough for 6th in the A, I believe. In amateur, I did decent and qualified 2nd in the first round, 2 secs. off of TQ, and then the track wen't to crap and no one caought the top 4 or 5. Got really rough and unpredictable, but truggies handled it better... The damn Losi guys are really fast and smooth with that new T-2.0. Thing looks funky, but it definitely gets the job done. Especially when its' blown out like that. Travis passed Adam and loomked like he'd hold it for a bit near the end of their main, but then had a few bobbles and Adam went right by. But overall, the truck looked pretty good. It looks like the buggy, but with an extra long chassis in the rear, way extended driveshaft and cvd, and new towers and arms. Oh, and the 112mm rear dampers...
The weight is all the way forward. The rear driveshaft is lengthy to say the least. Will be interesting to see if they make a change before final release. The CVD is just soo long and there's a lot of play where the driveshaft meets up with it. I'm guessing all of the major components are final but there may be a few more things they are still looking at, like that. Should be a solid truck though, once it is dialed in. GJ Travis.

Oh, just curious - I wonder if it'll be the D8T, the D8 Stadium, or the D8ST... HB has used "Stadium" with the lightning series in the past... Any thoughts?
lets not forget it's got a pretty narrow chassis and the motor is like almost dead center...travis had a good showing..but drake and truhe were fast...the D8T looks as though when piloted correctly it'll be a major force in the truggy world...
Old 01-26-2009, 02:12 PM
Tech Adept

Is there anyone who thought "Lets take a pic of that" and did it also

mzl Hellsavage
Old 01-26-2009, 02:13 PM
Tech Regular

I know there aren't any from hot bodies, I talked to travis today and the pic released on neobuggy is all that is public right now.
Old 01-26-2009, 02:33 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by NitroLuver View Post
lets not forget it's got a pretty narrow chassis and the motor is like almost dead center...travis had a good showing..but drake and truhe were fast...the D8T looks as though when piloted correctly it'll be a major force in the truggy world...

Yes, but it is beneficial to have the weight centralized, not the motor. Does no good to say the motor is dead centered on the car, if all the rest of the weight is distributed unevenly. It seems like having the weight forward is the new trend across the board when it comes to all of the manufacturers new kits, but it is especially far forward on the HB truck. Almost as if it would have required more new parts and have been harder to redesign both ends of the chassis layout, so they just extended the rear, and left the front identical to the buggy. The only other difference to the main chassis components seems to be the tank (to get it to 150cc) looked to be a bit taller. Because it fits snugly already on the buggy, and would have to be the same size front and back, side to side, so up is the only way they could go...

Last edited by NsideLine; 01-26-2009 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Pic

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service