Community
Wiki Posts
Search

8-T rtr rear arm question

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 04:58 PM
Tech Rookie

Default 8-T rtr rear arm question

Hello, long time MT racer here but newb 8ight-T question.
Against my better judgment I bought the RTR instead of the roller because the price went down so much. Out of the box the rear a-arms have a little play in them on the hing pins, like they need spacers or something. Any idea how I can fix them? I have upgraded a few things, but not anything around the towers/hinge pins.
Thanks, -Jim
Old 01-19-2009, 07:09 PM
Tech Regular

Seriously....don't worry about it, just run it.
Old 01-19-2009, 07:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

yep, run it. I bought one and thought the same thing. I talked around and its a Losi characteristic. Honestly, after buying my RTR and talking with the entire track regulars, you cannot buy a better beginner set up. The truck is basically the Roller model with the exception of towers and chasis ONLY. And the only diff. there is about 1/32 of thickness and fancy color. I am very pleased witht he racing ability of my RTR, i put new servos in it and its been awesome!!!
Old 01-19-2009, 09:25 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by motoclay
yep, run it. I bought one and thought the same thing. I talked around and its a Losi characteristic. Honestly, after buying my RTR and talking with the entire track regulars, you cannot buy a better beginner set up. The truck is basically the Roller model with the exception of towers and chasis ONLY. And the only diff. there is about 1/32 of thickness and fancy color. I am very pleased witht he racing ability of my RTR, i put new servos in it and its been awesome!!!

uhh the RTR lacks a little more then just tower's and chassy.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Integra
uhh the RTR lacks a little more then just tower's and chassy.
motor mounts and diff fluid,
Old 01-20-2009, 06:00 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for the replies.
I've already pulled the roto start, put the back plate on, and dropped the mill to use a bump box. Also replaced the all the stock diff grease w/ silicone . It came w/ a JR650 on the steering which "seems" to be ok so far, although I'm used to a little more w/ my Revo's. (DS8711's)
I was just wondering if the thicker tower would take up the slop on the rear arms.
Thanks again...

Last edited by IndianJim; 01-20-2009 at 08:01 AM.
Old 01-20-2009, 07:43 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IndianJim
Thanks for the replies.
I've already pulled the roto start, put the back plate on, and dropped the mill to use a bump box. Also replaced the all the stock diff grease w/ silicone . It came w/ a JR650 on the steering which "seems" to be ok so far, although I'm used to a little more w/ my Revo's. (DS8711's)
I was just wondering if the thicker towers would take up the slop on the rear arms.
Thanks again...

No need to take up the slop....its there for a reason....the only time to replace the rear arms...is when Both ends of the arms are wiggling on the pin and you can confirm it with the arm removed and wiggling a hinge pin in the arm....the tower's have nothing to do with the lower arms....

losi_racer...what about all the Ti parts and the shock caps.
Old 01-20-2009, 08:00 AM
Tech Rookie

No need to take up the slop....its there for a reason....the only time to replace the rear arms...is when Both ends of the arms are wiggling on the pin and you can confirm it with the arm removed and wiggling a hinge pin in the arm....the tower's have nothing to do with the lower arms....

Gotcha, thanks.
Old 01-20-2009, 09:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

o yea shock caps, and the ti parts really doesnt help much but they are an upgrade so ur right