Community
Wiki Posts
Search

wats the best bump box?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 05:31 PM
Tech Initiate

Default wats the best bump box?

wats the best bump box on the market today? i wanna here a couple opinions out there. lookin into gettin a new one but dont wanna buy another peice of $**t that i already have lol.
Old 01-15-2009, 05:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by housman88
wats the best bump box on the market today? i wanna here a couple opinions out there. lookin into gettin a new one but dont wanna buy another peice of $**t that i already have lol.
first of all there are tons of threads already on here on this schedule... 2nd of all almost everyone will say the ofna truggy box..

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/12542
Old 01-15-2009, 05:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jamminnay
first of all there are tons of threads already on here on this schedule... 2nd of all almost everyone will say the ofna truggy box..

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/12542
+1
Old 01-15-2009, 05:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

The truggy ofna truggy starter bow is nice. I have a ofna chrome top starter box that I bought used and I have Had it for a year and it works great.
Old 01-15-2009, 06:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

tower has them for 89 right now
Old 01-15-2009, 06:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

+1 for the ofna blue chrome top.
Old 01-15-2009, 06:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

I love my chrome top and it seems like it is one of the more popular ones where ever I race.
Old 01-15-2009, 07:54 PM
Tech Initiate

yea i already got the blue ofna starter box with the chrome top. i thought there might be something a little better then that. it does the job though.
Old 01-15-2009, 08:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by housman88
yea i already got the blue ofna starter box with the chrome top. i thought there might be something a little better then that. it does the job though.
Chrome top Ofna box is not the same as the Ofna Truggy. Ofna truggy box is more powerful.
Old 01-15-2009, 11:02 PM
Tech Master

Seems like I'm the only old school guy left so its probably the only time you'll hear it(unless you read to other 40 threads on starter boxes) MUGEN box is still rockin it.
Old 01-15-2009, 11:14 PM
Tech Rookie

I have one I'll sell you if you need one!

It's brand new and I have a couple of batteries for it.

Maybe you would like to make a deal!

Blue chrome one! 775 I think two motors.

It's killer, I just got one that would work on more that just offroad nitros.

Last edited by DrRobert; 01-15-2009 at 11:16 PM. Reason: incomplete
Old 01-16-2009, 05:24 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I have done a search myself for starter box top plates and came up with nothing.ill ask here and if nothing ill make a new thread asking.but a few years ago i found these top plates made specifically for each different buggy that would mount onto the top of the starter box.It made it real fast and easy to align your buggy but i cant find them anywhere.Does anyone know where i can get them??
Old 01-16-2009, 05:59 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I thought the same thing. The chrome top comes with horrible instructions for a rookie. I didn't realize I had it set up wrong until trolling this site. It really is a great box you just need to get it set up right. Look for pics. I will try and get some of mine inbetween wrestling my kid. My problem was that I had to adjust the switch as I was having to push to far down to start the motor and it was jamming thewheel up against the fly wheel and frame.

Try this in mean time. http://www.rc411.com/pages/howto.php?howto=28& It is a good starting point.

Pun Intended
Old 01-16-2009, 06:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The first guy was right the blue ofna truggy box is by far the best Ive ever used. It couldnt be easier to set it up for your vehicle, its got more power than anything else, and its small and lightweight.
Old 01-16-2009, 06:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

the dynamite quickfire is great, I have been using it for the last year and a half, it has broken in 2 v-speeds, a novarossi, and an rb, all without problem, I have two crappy old 3300 packs in it, and it just rips. I have used the mugen box(sucks building it),the ofne chrome(weak as hell, even running from a car battery), the ofna truggy(good, but overrated, they have given me problems breaking engines in). This dynamite came prebuilt for 75 bucks, threw on some deans plugs and tossed in some old matched 3300 that hadn't been used in a couple of years, and it still kicks ass for me a year and a half later

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.