Wiki Posts
Search

Opinions on .12 motor for gt2

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 07:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Opinions on .12 motor for gt2

I have a gt2 I need to replace an old os cv motor. I haven't had this truck this long so I'm still learning how to drive a 2wd. So the horsepower isn't my biggest concern. I would like something reliable and relatively cheap. Thanks for any advice.
Old 01-17-2009, 07:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

dynamite .12 SPD the red head one.. very reliable, holds a tune and is long lasting. best of all can be had for about 75 bucks new
Old 01-17-2009, 07:39 PM
Tech Adept

the picco JL Red Dot will do wonders for ya... if your willing to shell out about 100 bucks more than the previously recomended engine. on rcmart.com they sell hobao hypers for about 80ish the last time i checked (almost a year ago) and thats a real strong engine aswell. that being said, you get what you pay for (most of the time) so find an established engine maker, find an engine (from the established engine maker) tuned for offroad with a slide carb, shell out some cash, and enjoy.