Community
Wiki Posts
Search

One more rc8 brake question

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 12:28 AM
Tech Adept

Default One more rc8 brake question

so it dosent seem like it stops super good now... how do i adjust it?
Old 01-14-2009, 08:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

There are many brake adjustments.

Start with the most obvious the controller make sure your brake epa is set so that full brakes is less pull than the travel it takes to compress the spring on the throttle lever.

The next adjustment should be at the pads where the disc runs in between set it so there is about 0.5mm gap between the pads and disc.

Then the linkage can be adjusted with the 2 rods and the fuel tubing I usually set the stops at the end of the rods are equal then I adjust the bias with the 2 knobs.

Then I go back to the radio settings. I think my controller KO Helios has 2 different brake settings for this so I can set one for a maximum to ensure the servo isnt over worked and another percentage setting to set down to the max needed on the track.

Getting the extra free play out of the brakes is important so the brakes dont have to be pulled so hard the throttle spring gets over compressed which could lead to servo damage.

The 2 pieces of fuel tubing can also get soft over time and cause loss of brake power.
Old 01-14-2009, 08:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Also dont over look the part of the disc that rides on the diff outdrive. My discs got very sloppy there after about 4 gallons so I had to replace the discs .
Old 01-14-2009, 10:58 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by PTP Racing
Also dont over look the part of the disc that rides on the diff outdrive. My discs got very sloppy there after about 4 gallons so I had to replace the discs .

ya thats what was worn out it was litterlly just roundned inside