R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Kyosho dogbone pin replacement. (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/266286-kyosho-dogbone-pin-replacement.html)

KIK 01-09-2009 04:43 PM

Kyosho dogbone pin replacement.

Anyone know what size pins Kyosho uses on the dogbones? I'm trying to replace the worn pin and can't find the right size. I have the Hudy pin replacement tool and have been doing it on the 8ights, ofna, and mugen which all uses the same size pin.

bjr48 01-09-2009 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by KIK (Post 5272902)
Anyone know what size pins Kyosho uses on the dogbones? I'm trying to replace the worn pin and can't find the right size. I have the Hudy pin replacement tool and have been doing it on the 8ights, ofna, and mugen which all uses the same size pin.

Since you did not say what Kyosho you have, I'll just tell you the only thing I know :ha:
Kyosho MP-6 uses 2.89mm pins. I have not found a replacement for them. I wear mine flat on two sides so I have pressed them all out and rotated them 90 degrees and pressed them back in and will be fine for awhile. I have contacted one of the only companies that offers custom made dowel pins. They replied to my e-mail the same day and asked me a couple of questions. I sent them back the info two days later and have not heard from them in about two days :confused::confused::confused:
Otherwise you would have to get an 3mm undersize reamer and ream out the bones and buy standard 3mm pins. More work :(
If I get any useful help I'll try and post here. I don't think Kyosho wants you to do anything but keep buying new complete dogbones :lol:
Have you rotated yours yet? If you only wear yours on one side, take the bones out, rotate them around 180 degrees and put them back in. If you wore out two sides (braking and accellerating) press the pins out and rotate them 90 degrees and press them back in for now.
Hopefully someone knows more than both of us do!:lol:

Integra 01-09-2009 07:58 PM

everyone uses Mugen pins for CVD's...there All 3mm. :nod:

KIK 01-09-2009 08:10 PM

I've got a Kyosho STRR but I think it is the same size u mentioned. I did turn the pins 180 degrees already. I was stubborn and tried pressing in a 3mm pin and ended up cracking the dogbone.

bjr48 01-10-2009 04:32 AM

Originally Posted by KIK (Post 5273554)
I've got a Kyosho STRR but I think it is the same size u mentioned. I did turn the pins 180 degrees already. I was stubborn and tried pressing in a 3mm pin and ended up cracking the dogbone.

Sorry to hear that. Kyosho must still be up to their non-conformist ways :rolleyes: If you tried to press in a 3mm pin where a 2.89mm pin goes there is no way it's going in as you found out.

FYI I am waiting on these guys...
http://www.test-x.com/
On the left go to Fixture Hardware then Dowel Pins. Maybe you can get a quote out of them for price and minimum quantity you need to order. You want custom made 0.114" diameter by 0.551" (check the length first on a STRR) with a Rockwell C hardness of about 55. Let me know if you get anywhere. Maybe I caught them on a slow day the first time and they will get back to me next week :confused:
Should be a lot cheaper than buying new dogbones twice a season :nod:

KIK 01-10-2009 08:12 AM

The pins on the STRR are the same dimensions. I just emailed test-x so we'll see if they respond.

Integra 01-10-2009 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by KIK (Post 5274830)
The pins on the STRR are the same dimensions. I just emailed test-x so we'll see if they respond.

interesting....would have never thought. :nod:

Kyuss 01-10-2009 08:40 AM

:)

bjr48 01-12-2009 04:46 AM

KIK - I just noticed that the first email to testx went to a different e-mail than the ones he replied with. Maybe the reason for the repsonse time. If I haven't heard from him by Wed. I'll try the original web site e-mail again.:nod:

KIK 01-14-2009 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by bjr48 (Post 5281773)
KIK - I just noticed that the first email to testx went to a different e-mail than the ones he replied with. Maybe the reason for the repsonse time. If I haven't heard from him by Wed. I'll try the original web site e-mail again.:nod:

I emailed them couple days ago and I didn't get a response?!?!?!

pinky2252s 01-14-2009 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by Kyuss (Post 5274899)
:)

you better not start flooding every thread you see

jamminnay 01-15-2009 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by pinky2252s (Post 5295106)
you better not start flooding every thread you see

hahaa

bjr48 01-15-2009 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by KIK (Post 5294704)
I emailed them couple days ago and I didn't get a response?!?!?!

I tried the original web site e-mail again yesterday with no response yet. The response from the AOL e-mail had his name and phone numbers. I'm debating calling them tomorrow because I will be out of the country for a couple of weeks. I don't need them until the middle of the summer so I can just as well wait. I'll be able to correspond e-mail and here the whole time so if you get impatient and there are no phone numbers on the web site I can PM you his contact information.

pinky2252s 01-15-2009 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by jamminnay (Post 5296248)
hahaa

not to hijack the thread or anything but you have said that same thing to me in another thread to. Have i been rude to you and your being sarcastic? or was it really that funny?

not trying to be rude but im just confused