Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[New Build] Mugen MBX5T Pics

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 07:47 PM
Tech Adept

Default [New Build] Mugen MBX5T Pics

OK, So here are some pics of my finally built (after about 15 hours at a guess) Mugen MB5Xt Truggy. Its my 1st build I have done, my last buggy was a RTR Nitro so it was a good test with the new Mugen.

I will be getting a Proline shell and new wing and doing a matching paint job and I will be leaving this shell clear as i expect it to be my "prac" shell and runin shell etc. Its bound to get scared quickly

I am heading away tomorrow for about 2 weeks so its coming with me to get run in and then I will get used to it and start tweaking the setup / motor and ENJOY!

SPECS:

* Mugen Seiki MB5XT
* GO Racing .21 7 Port
* GO 2047 matched Pipe
* Venturi 6.5m Insert
* JR XS3 Radio
* JR DS8915 Steering Servo
* JR DS8325 Throttle Servo
* Stock Shock and Diff Oil / Settings

PICS: - It still needs to body to be cleaned up with sandpaper and the dremel, but for now, its done.

Old 12-21-2008, 07:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

looks good...should throw a quick white paint job on it, makes it much easier to see on the track
Old 12-21-2008, 10:28 PM
Tech Initiate

if only they stayed that clean for ever :P nice job rob, headshrink the back and center driveshaft pins, as these cant come out, i had mine move after 6 months of use, its not bad but it is anoying when they come out in a race.
Old 12-21-2008, 10:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

Good car not a big fan of am and fm radios though.
Old 12-22-2008, 12:03 AM
Tech Apprentice

Nice truggy.
Thats the 0801 pipe not a 2047 isnt it?
The 0801 with the 7 port will be a weapon.
Old 12-22-2008, 02:32 AM
Tech Initiate

didnt notice before rob, but you've cut the shell off at the back, hot does it look from the side? cause you dont get the wheel arch if you do that.
Old 12-22-2008, 02:53 AM
Tech Initiate

looks fantastic mate.. run the engine in yet?
Old 12-22-2008, 03:37 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by T0nke
headshrink the back and center driveshaft pins.
Yea, I plan to after you shows me yours, seemed like a good idea to me!

Originally Posted by Nitrorcracer
Good car not a big fan of am and fm radios though.
Digital Radios FTW. It doesnt use Crystals, alot less interferance also.

Originally Posted by herb99
Nice truggy. Thats the 0801 pipe not a 2047 isnt it?
The 0801 with the 7 port will be a weapon.
Thanks. But its definately the 2047, atleast if you can believe whats written on the box and website. Its a nice pipe. I am going for run time with medium power, mainly bottom end.

didnt notice before rob, but you've cut the shell off at the back, hot does it look from the side? cause you dont get the wheel arch if you do that.
Yea, i modified it a bit to get it on and off quickly. The half arch is there tho. Oh, and i got bored and found a bit of Matt Black spray... so the inside coped 2 coats.. HAHA. Couldnt resist. I will throw some pics up in the morning when the sun comes back up.

Originally Posted by guyluke
looks fantastic mate.. run the engine in yet?
Thanks. I haven't even turned the motor over by hand. I am waiting til Wednesday for that, throw it on the starter box and hope for the best. Got some reading to do in the GO Engine thread about running it in and stuff, so looking forward to taking my time and doing it properlly.

I got a Glow warmer today also... w00t. I am set for Xmas holiday's.
Old 12-22-2008, 03:51 AM
Tech Initiate

id suggest taking a heat gun also rob, those engines can be very tight at first, i know someone that had theres locking up after 10 tanks still. ill add some pics of mine when its done, and then later when the pro-spec parts are on it.
Old 12-22-2008, 04:07 AM
Tech Adept

id suggest taking a heat gun also rob, those engines can be very tight at first, i know someone that had theres locking up after 10 tanks still. ill add some pics of mine when its done, and then later when the pro-spec parts are on it.
OH CRAP! That's something i dont have. I might have to run it at my parents place then and use mum's hair dryer for a bit to warm the crank case up (i read about that in one of the mags recently). The last thing i want is the engine locking up

Oh, and i got the OS30VG motor working again the other night. Got it fired up tonight for 2 mins before the wifie comes out yelling at me that the bubs is almost asleep... well, WAS almost asleep . I wasnt in the good books I can tell you

Its lumpy as, sounds awesome and running really rich i think. The pipe on it sounds good, I remember when it was on the LRP Z.21R motor. It hasnt even had time to warm up yet so not sure how it will go when its at running temp, fingers crossed. I got the clutch sorted out pretty quickly, so that was good.

I just wanna get the Truggy cranking
Old 12-22-2008, 10:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

you should get some big bor shock for it???
Old 12-22-2008, 10:32 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (60%+)

i have a truggy and don't run big bore shocks don't see the need to if u know how to set it up.
Old 12-22-2008, 01:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

looks great
Old 12-22-2008, 03:22 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by bigsquidracer
you should get some big bor shock for it???
I dont see that being neccessary just yet. The track I will be racing at mainly doesnt seem to bad on shocks, there certainly isnt mega jumps, not like alot of USA track and stuff.

Originally Posted by mungen
i have a truggy and don't run big bore shocks don't see the need to if u know how to set it up.
Exactly. I want to try and learn with what I have gone.

Originally Posted by GH Racing
looks great
Thanks.

Here are some more pics, Its just 2 coats of Matt Black on the inside, the sticker job is terrible, but for a bash shell, it doesnt need to be great . still have to put a few more holes in it, will try to do that this afternoon if i get the chance.

Old 12-22-2008, 03:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Lookin good, maybe a little too much droop in the rear.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.