Community
Wiki Posts
Search

8ight 2.0 hinge pins

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 05:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default 8ight 2.0 hinge pins

when i took my buggy apart after my last race i noticed i had some bent hinge pins... is there a upgrade i should get to avoid that or just dont crash as much
Old 04-20-2009, 08:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I use 4mm drill blanks I pick up from McMaster-Carr.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#2900a278/=1j9spj

cut them to 66mm with a HD Cutoff wheel and you should be all set. I've never had a drill blank bend it buggy or truggy. Just make sure you get USA HSS you can get Chinese steel but they will be worse than the stock pins.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Get the M2C outer rear hinge pins. They are $13 and are much better than the stockers. I was bending mine every run but with the M2Cs, I havent bent one yet! Drilling the larger hole was almost too easy. You are talking about teh outer rear hinge pins right?
Old 04-21-2009, 08:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I think he was talking about the inner pins on a 2.0 The outer pin problem was resolved pretty well on the 2.0 going from a 1/8" pin to a 3.5mm outer pin.

But yes on the 1.0 I just used the same but in an 1/8" Drill Rod, make them longer than the a-arm, grind a flat spot and use a collar w/ a set screw(airplane hardware) and some loctite the M2C ones are good as well but I didn't want to have to drill anything out especially at the track.
Old 04-23-2009, 09:28 AM
Tech Apprentice

yes the inner rears on the 8ight 2.0 one was bent not bad but it is deff bent and i figured if i buy new ones its just gona happen again so maybe there was a better way to avoid that thanks for the advice
Old 04-23-2009, 10:15 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

i feel both M2C's and the losi's are on par with each other....ive seen some Bent losi's....ive seen some bent M2C's....i think it boils down to how hard your driving and how that 1 particular bad landing occurs...i personally have tweeked a few over the year's but they have never outright failed or locked up the suspension....so just keep a couple spares on hand and be mindful of the pins....feel the rear suspension in between heat's and you should be able to feel a Bad bend.
Old 04-23-2009, 01:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The way the M2C system pivots is way better than stock. http://m2cracing.com/product.sc?cate...&productId=295
Old 04-24-2009, 10:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

ya it didnt bind up my suspension it was just tweaked but i also had a rough day when it happend so it was pro just a bad landing..i just wanted to see if it was a common thing and there was a way to fix it before i just threw in a stock one. thanks for all you held