R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   jammin crt .5??? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/265758-jammin-crt-5-a.html)

1cougar1 01-07-2009 04:14 AM

jammin crt .5???

im thinking about getting a crt .5 pro kit, and have a few questions. first the recever, what does it take, well first of all do i need one and would somthing like a standard 3000 spektrum receiver work. im planning on getting a, i think there, 4800s, and 4800t jr servos. and using my 8ight's dx2.0 for the radio. that way i save money. plus the dx2.0 is a great radio. and what about things like servo horns/arms, or diff. fluid, shock oil, or tire glue. im planning on putting a picco .12 red dot engine in so thats decided. and what about the receiver battery, standard 5-cell hump/flat or is there a lipo thats good for it? well thats about all i think i need to know so respond if you have some useful info. thanx in advance, clay unruh

stiffler297 01-07-2009 04:27 AM

What you have for the radio and servos is fine. The crt .5 uses a special AAA hump pack. You can get one from your local hobby shop. It's usually an Ofna 800 Mah pack. I like the mini truggy rims that you can get for it. and I use either bow ties or step pins. You will break the stock upper turnbuckles so I would suggest some titanium ones for that. Everything else is fairly good the way it comes in the box.

David Wall 01-07-2009 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by 1cougar1 (Post 5261674)
im thinking about getting a crt .5 pro kit, and have a few questions. first the recever, what does it take, well first of all do i need one and would somthing like a standard 3000 spektrum receiver work. im planning on getting a, i think there, 4800s, and 4800t jr servos. and using my 8ight's dx2.0 for the radio. that way i save money. plus the dx2.0 is a great radio. and what about things like servo horns/arms, or diff. fluid, shock oil, or tire glue. im planning on putting a picco .12 red dot engine in so thats decided. and what about the receiver battery, standard 5-cell hump/flat or is there a lipo thats good for it? well thats about all i think i need to know so respond if you have some useful info. thanx in advance, clay unruh

I have a crt.5 for sale here http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...-truggies.html
has about 3/4 gal of fuel through it, already has the titanium turnbuckle mod mentioned above, also comes with a reciever pack and starter box. All you need is the radio and you are good to go. It is the pro kit, all for $190.
David

looper 01-07-2009 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by 1cougar1 (Post 5261674)

i have a sr3000 rx and a 1600mah hump pack (std not aaa) in the radio box in mine it is a very tight fit but it can be done. for horns i am using a dynamite aluminum for the steering and a hitec red cut down for the t/b

Manufacturercup 01-07-2009 01:45 PM

Venom makes a 2 cell lipo that fits in the crt.5 radio box. and its like $25.

performance rc hobbies has all the stuff you mentioned in stock at good prices if you are getting it from your local hobby shop buy there but if you are lloking on-line give performance rc hobby a shot. there web site is new so it doesn't have everything on there yet but its www.performancerchobby.com but for everything call them at 208 676-9616. i think they have a toll free number on thier site also.

maximugen 01-07-2009 02:21 PM

Already a good crt.5 thread :rolleyes:

Troubles Dad 01-07-2009 07:54 PM

This little truck is a lot of fun to play with :nod: and I tried to put a 5 cell hump pack in and even with a micro spektrum receiver it still did not fit, so how did you do it??????? and I am looking for a lipo battery, because I only get about 20 minutes of track time on the 800mah battery pack, I guess the airtronics 94358 and 94359 servos are enough for steering and throttle control:nod:

looper 01-07-2009 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by Troubles Dad (Post 5265172)
This little truck is a lot of fun to play with :nod: and I tried to put a 5 cell hump pack in and even with a micro spektrum receiver it still did not fit, so how did you do it??????? and I am looking for a lipo battery, because I only get about 20 minutes of track time on the 800mah battery pack, I guess the airtronics 94358 and 94359 servos are enough for steering and throttle control:nod:

i will throw a pic up in a few moments.. pardon the dirt though

looper 01-07-2009 09:05 PM

here it is...

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...5/IMG_2388.jpg

Troubles Dad 01-08-2009 05:14 PM

Thanks for the picture, as my 5 cell is bigger than that, and the only way it would fit in the box was when I cut out some of the side for a cell to fit outside, even then this battery box should of been made bigger:nod: taller or something