Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy a Pro built Chad Bradley X2 buggy or truggy

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 08:06 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I just finished building my X2 and loved it. However, I can see someone who is just getting into the hobby building a kit and not knowing how to properly set up the car. It can be a frustrating situation if you don't have anyone you trust to help. Why are my arms binding? How do I adjust camber/toe? Wait I have to go buy setup tools? There is a couple more bucks. The manual says to run 25wt in the rear and 30 in the front, but chads setup is 22.5/27.5? Where do I get that fluid? etc...

To me it is fun to tweak around with setup but no novice is going to know what to do when everytime he accelerates his back end spins out. For a novice having the car setup the first time properly will make it easier for them to have fun right out of the box. Nothing can ruin someones day then spending all this money and all this time building the kit and having something break or unscrew the first day.

If you are starting out and want to have fun right off the bat, this is an awesome way to do that. How much do you think your local hobby shop would charge? And would it be done to the same level? Definitely no!

Chad great idea and good luck!

-Keith
Old 04-06-2009, 09:18 PM
Tech Adept

Nice! I was scheduled to get my X2 pro kit this week, but I need to get it out to the track to practice, and since they weren't scheduled to come in until Wed. or Thurs. So I got one of Chad's pre-built kits... And not just "one", but the "ONE" - Serial number 001B! - Very cool, and now I've got work to do... but I just thought I'd say, that, with the official logo with serial number, and pre-glued/balanced tires and extras... This is an awesome deal, and is going to save me a whole day of work, (or at least 6-7 hours), which, I don't know what you do for a living, but is worth the price of the whole kit to me! Very cool indeed! I would definitely pay more than normal to get another one of these vs. having to guess that I built it right. Even though I have been racing and building for a few years now on a regular basis, and know how to do a pretty darn good job of it... I can now reverse-engineer a few specific items on the car, so I don't have to sit there and plague Chad to explain them to me each time I encounter them... I'd say this is a great idea, and needs to be done by all of the manufacturers. It would definitely become much more popular if it were talked about more often, and more widely known... I'll proudly leave the serial sticker on the radio tray, and try to make it last if possible...

Thanks very much, Mr. Bradley,

Jason Garrow