Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Hot Bodies Lightning Stadium Sport 1/8 Truggy? Pros/Cons? >

Hot Bodies Lightning Stadium Sport 1/8 Truggy? Pros/Cons?

Hot Bodies Lightning Stadium Sport 1/8 Truggy? Pros/Cons?

Old 03-06-2009, 07:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Hot Bodies Lightning Stadium Sport 1/8 Truggy? Pros/Cons?

My friend is going to get his first rc car, and i think it will be the Hot Bodies Lightning Stadium Sport 1/8 truggy. It is only $260 -$25 off for coupons at tower so I think it is a great deal. Has any of you had experience with this truggy before? He is just looking for low maintence, durable, and good quality, and the engine to tune easily. He might go to the track every once n a while, but he WILL NOT race. Budget would be $250 for just the car alone. Any suggestions or comments? Thanks!
Old 03-06-2009, 11:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Not really the best car out there but a very good buy for the money. It's probably the best car you can get for that kind of cash. It's got a few weak spots but most cars do, even the much more expensive ones.
Old 03-07-2009, 08:00 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by John Schafer
Not really the best car out there but a very good buy for the money. It's probably the best car you can get for that kind of cash. It's got a few weak spots but most cars do, even the much more expensive ones.
Ok thanks. I just found the Lighting 2 Pro RTR for $250 with 1 left in stock!
Old 03-07-2009, 08:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chris__RC
Ok thanks. I just found the Lighting 2 Pro RTR for $250 with 1 left in stock!

Dont' know about the other Lightning truggys, but i ran a stadium pro 2 at the nitrochallenge in AZ. I mainly raced it for track time and for the fun of it, buggy was my main focus. I ended up putting the truggy in the A-main Open Class in front of about a 100 other racers who were mostly running high end truggys like the losi 2.0 and RC8ts. only reason it DNF is cause i had a old worn down chassis that was folding like a taco, eventually stripped out spur/clutchbell.

To my suprise its a pretty good truggy, only upgrade i had were some jammin big bore shocks so if your buddy ever wants to upgrade he can probally get by by just getting those. best o luck....
Old 03-07-2009, 08:48 AM
Tech Master

So you put the truggy (RTR or kit) in the amain of the nitro challenge!? Wow! Cant believe these truggies are going for soo cheap.