D8
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

love to get my hands on one
Old 01-22-2009, 11:52 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

more detail shots...

notice how the front upper arms do NOT connect to the front tower.

max steering throw

bottom of a-arms

other shots...

Old 01-22-2009, 02:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

I definitely like it but parts would concern me. Also with team Magics track record of a new buggy every 6 months that's discouraging as well. Like the price point allot. Tempting will see how it works out.
Old 01-22-2009, 02:28 PM
Tech Regular

man that thing has got some awsome rear down travel. i might give wolf a call and see about parts support
Old 01-22-2009, 02:30 PM
Tech Addict

Team Magic never had a new buggy every 6 months. It was just running changes to their first M1B.

Main difference from the first one to the last one was different plastics and diff gears, new shocks and shock towers. It was all based on the same platform so you could just update your current one. Similar to what XRAY does with its cars. XRAY just announced a new/updated 808 for the '09 season.

The new car, they took all they learned from the M1 and made something beautiful. The quality of this kit, in my opinion is up there with XRAY. If you ever get to see one in person you will see what im talking about.
Old 01-22-2009, 02:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TMizzle
Team Magic never had a new buggy every 6 months. It was just running changes to their first M1B.

Main difference from the first one to the last one was different plastics and diff gears, new shocks and shock towers. It was all based on the same platform so you could just update your current one. Similar to what XRAY does with its cars. XRAY just announced a new/updated 808 for the '09 season.

The new car, they took all they learned from the M1 and made something beautiful. The quality of this kit, in my opinion is up there with XRAY. If you ever get to see one in person you will see what im talking about.
Ok, You may be right not a new buggy every 6 months. However there were allot of changes during that period. That turbo thing the M1 M1B it was dizzying the way they were spitting out changes every 6 months. I've never seen them do crazy stuff like that for there onroads. Make no bones about it there onroads are a beast. Just for the record I never said anything about the quality of there buggy or especially not there onroads. However any smart consumer takes into consideration. How many changes am I going to have to buy to keep up with there latest shot at a buggy.

For the record I like the buggy. However I do proceed with caution. I honestly hope they got it right this time. It would be nice for another race quality buggy to enter the fight. Tired of Kyosho, X-Ray, Mugen, AE & Losi argument. More competition is good for everyone and keeps manufacturers on there toes delivering quality products at reasonable prices.
Old 01-22-2009, 02:58 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by charly71
man that thing has got some awsome rear down travel. i might give wolf a call and see about parts support
ok i just got off the phone with wolf and he told me parts will be in stock in about 2 weeks he said the chinese new year starts tomorow and that is gonna delay the shipment.
Old 01-22-2009, 03:35 PM
Tech Master

Hi,

Is anyone racing one of these yet ?? Looks awesome, very interested in how it is ontrack? whats it like over the bumps and jumps .... Whats it weigh ?? whats falling off it ??

Thanks

Rod
Old 01-22-2009, 03:55 PM
Tech Addict

It has to be one of the lightest buggiest out.
3290g, add some titanuim screws and rods and a lipo and you will be close to the legal minimum weight limit.

I will have a video of the car this weekend.
Old 01-23-2009, 05:57 PM
Tech Addict

ran the car on the street today...
ITS A ROCKET! has some silly acceleration.
Also has some insane weight transfer on and off power. Had to limit droop to tame it down but we will see how it acts on the track in the morning.
Old 01-23-2009, 05:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Merciless
Hi,

Is anyone racing one of these yet ?? Looks awesome, very interested in how it is ontrack? whats it like over the bumps and jumps .... Whats it weigh ?? whats falling off it ??

Thanks

Rod
I am still running the M8 and this new B8RS looks way better. My M8 absorbs the rough parts of tracks better than any other, so I would say that this new car will be better yet.
Old 01-23-2009, 06:02 PM
Tech Addict

+1
the old car was VERY good in the rough.
Old 01-23-2009, 06:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

The main things I had go wrong on the M8 was the front shock tower would bend when crashed and the diffs would leak (even if you sealed the grub screw). With the B8RS the front shock tower is narrower (more inward at the top), and the diffs are no longer 3 piece Ofna styled crap.

Last edited by Drew Jensen; 01-23-2009 at 07:00 PM.
Old 01-23-2009, 06:07 PM
Tech Addict

here is a video of the B8rs back in July in testing...
watch how strapped it goes through the little S section on its second lap.
there were a few little tweaks since then and the shocks look a little to soft...

http://www.redrc.net/2008/07/team-ma...testing-video/
Old 01-23-2009, 07:31 PM
D8
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

looks good to me!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.