R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   What would you like to see ADDED to a new buggy kit (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/264070-what-would-you-like-see-added-new-buggy-kit.html)

Mark_Australia 01-01-2009 06:10 AM

What would you like to see ADDED to a new buggy kit

This is a bit like the 'what do you not like about your buggy' thread ... but different....... what would you like to see all manufacturers add to their buggies (kit or race roller)?

For me (BTW I have an RC8)

(1) A set of springs and a set of swaybars. That would add not much price to a kit, you are going to buy them anyway but often the LHS doesn't have them (or for me in Australia I get blanks stares form the 16 y/o counter attendant in most shops as thereeis only one store within 1000miles that does Associated so if they don't have it I'm ordering from the US and paying postage.)
For a race buggy those are the two big (and first really) tuning options and to not have them thrown in is weird...

(2) Nyloc wheelnuts. A real good idea, not all manufacturers use them but I dunno why.. they are a great idea!

(3) skidplates and longer screws to suit. Why the hell not? Cheap and just about anyone racing will use them I'm not talking about on a RTR but who buys a MP9 / 808 / MBX6 etc and won't race it ;)

All that at bulk prices would be maybe $50 extra and people will go for it as they will recognise they will buy the stuff later anyway and are saving money so they may choose brand A with all the included bits instead of Brand B where you geta car and nothing else.

Maybe they will listen to us, so what else guys?

bgbelden 01-01-2009 07:36 AM

I would like to see a few ( 3 ? ) extra screws of each size in my ride. I can go to any store and screws are about .04 cents each so why cant they give me at least enough to replace one before i have to order some. With the amount of screws they must buy they probably cost them less than a penny so if they gave me 50 extra then they would only lose....
x.01
_____
= not much.:tire::nod::nod::tire:

SirKarnage 01-01-2009 07:38 AM

I don't like the nylock nuts, I use the mugen or ?HPI? nuts with the back side grooves in them that dig into the wheel.. Never have had one come off.

But I totally understand the meaning with that choice.

I would like to see - coupons.. it may sound odd... BUT just like every time I have bought say.. a computer game.. its packed with various coupons..
Imagine you buy your next kit.. and inside is a 10% off coupon for your next purchase from the company or there partner company.. that would be awesome for those upgrades your looking for or replacement parts.. either way everyone is happy.. I saved more $$ they made more sales etc etc etc.

mracer 01-01-2009 08:19 AM

I would like the see the hot chick holding it in the poster in the box.

sirKandal 01-01-2009 08:23 AM

Pre gued tires:D

jrwoodchuck 01-01-2009 09:07 AM

a bag of "driving talent":D

vr6 01-01-2009 09:11 AM

buy a tq sx8 and you get a whole bunch of extra hardware;););););););)

malik 01-01-2009 09:40 AM

I would like to see like an extra shock dust boot, a few screws, swaybars, springs, a variety of small bottles of shock and diff fliuds who ever actually likes the recommended set up I never have. And yes I agree a set of good wheels and tires. And alum and carbon shoes with a set of all 3 springs for the clutch.

rearviewmirror 01-01-2009 09:42 AM

Titanium bolt kit and a thai hooker.

nitroal 01-01-2009 09:42 AM

the new O'donnell kits come with extra springs and swaybars!!

JAMMINKRAZY 01-01-2009 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by nitroal (Post 5235238)
the new O'donnell kits come with extra springs and swaybars!!

WOW really??? they did what losi did 3 yrs ago REALLY??? jk lol:nod::nod: but seriously its about time everyone did that.

I would like to see lightened outdrives and spur gears in every kit. does it really cost that much to drill a couple of holes??? Also all kits should come with rims and tires glued or not but they should all have them. and if they arent glued they should come with a bottle of glue. Various clutch springs is also a good idea.

captain america 01-01-2009 09:57 AM

Some things ALL cars should come with, be they kit or roller:

-a few extra screws (these are pennies apiece to produce anyway)
-the necessary shock & diff oils as well as grease to get the car running
-fuel tanks with built-in splash-guard lip and drain (like on the MP9 tank)
-a basic set of wrenches (the basic "disposeable" kind is fine; nice to have as a back-up just in case.)
-skid plates with matching longer screws
-an optional set of springs & sway bars would be nice(though that's not necessarily a deal-breaker)

pinky2252s 01-01-2009 10:22 AM

Well i think CEN had a good idea here im not sure if other kits come with it?:weird:

But they gave me 4 shock rods and the little thing that goes on top(:D) (blanking on that)

Do other kits do that?

Edumakated 01-01-2009 11:03 AM

I agree. I wind up buying all the extra stuff anyway, so it would be nice to just include it in the package.

Soft to Stiff Springs
Higher & Lower Spur gears
Soft to Stiff Sway Bars

The one thing I wish mfg's would do too is maybe sell some kind of "value pack" of replacement parts - arms, screws, diff oils, etc.

ruggydriver 01-01-2009 11:48 AM

honestly i think they should make race rollers like they make the HPI BAJA 5B when i opened mine it came extra air filter, filter oil, all the bits needed, extra spur gear, some extra hardware, shock fluids, and a few other various things. shit it even came with a certificate to get an extra body in a diffrent color, (i think the hobby shop did that tho)