Wiki Posts
Search

So, whats wrong with the Hellfire?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 06:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pdmustgt
Sorry but I disagree bashing vs racing. Racing is controlled and prepped track with lots of waiting to run 2 or 3 heats with 10 to 20 min mains. Bashing in most cases rough areas jumping it with no landing ramps, balls to wall. With some of the extreme things I've done to my Savage or what you seen on the net no truggy or buggy will live through that. Theres some massive jumps I seen break your little mugen in 2 (bowed chassis)I have seen this before but never faze the Savage or M/T. Bashing dump more fuel in and keep going. I've used more fuel bashing in 1 day than 1 month of racing. So you tell me again which is harder on a r/c vehicle.

Alot of claim they broke this and that then go online say I broke it. But never tell anyone the truth on HOW they broke the part. I never have broke a control arm on my Hellfire bent front inner pins never broke any control arms. Never blew diffs out either. Most diff are blown out when you struck on the pipe. 1 side of the tires are on the ground the other side in the air you sit there gunning the hell out of it I wonder why you blow diffs out UMMMMM. I never have blown the gears up inside the diff because I know when to stop. I don't have any problems with the 2 or 3 speed with the Savage they was bulletproof as long as you loc-ite the screw sets

LOL !!!! Oh yes HPI is better then Mugen
Old 01-13-2009, 06:53 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

pdmustgt...get over yourself...and the Hellfart...ITS A POS...Deal with it.
Old 01-13-2009, 07:04 AM
Tech Champion

The HPI drivetrains are anything but bulletproof OMG LOL !!! that has to be the silliest thing i have heard LOL.............

integra.... Hellfart LOL !!! yep I agree 110%...

Last edited by Maximo; 01-13-2009 at 07:16 AM.
Old 01-13-2009, 11:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

You 2 need to get over yourselves.
Old 01-13-2009, 11:49 AM
Tech Lord

You 2 need to get over yourselves.

why cuz we speak the truth from sheer experience ?
Old 01-13-2009, 11:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Integra
Keep dreaming
Thats why you ended it with a ???
Old 01-13-2009, 11:58 AM
Tech Lord

No its a common thing to end a question with.
Old 01-13-2009, 12:37 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Integra
How can you say that, when this guy still races his and does good with it, and he bashes with it. Also, he has a good point, why are you going to come into my topic then start a huge ass dispute telling me not to buy it, instead of doing what I asked? I all I asked for was the Pro's and Cons. I already have my mind set on buying one, and I'm not going to buy a Mugen. I also know that they're good trucks, but I also doubt it's stronger than a Savage. I've seen all kinds of videos where guys were racing the truggies and flipped it pretty bad and broke parts. My uncle had his savage going full speed and flipped it and it tumbled like 15ft before it stopped it was fine. The truggies rolled like 3 times and it was busted.
Old 01-13-2009, 03:16 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Dvx400Rider
How can you say that, when this guy still races his and does good with it, and he bashes with it. Also, he has a good point, why are you going to come into my topic then start a huge ass dispute telling me not to buy it, instead of doing what I asked? I all I asked for was the Pro's and Cons. I already have my mind set on buying one, and I'm not going to buy a Mugen. I also know that they're good trucks, but I also doubt it's stronger than a Savage. I've seen all kinds of videos where guys were racing the truggies and flipped it pretty bad and broke parts. My uncle had his savage going full speed and flipped it and it tumbled like 15ft before it stopped it was fine. The truggies rolled like 3 times and it was busted.

We're only trying to help you and have you not make the same mistake we made..Hellfire's are one of the worst Truggies you can buy but if you truly beleive they are that great go for it..........It truly baffles me that you even bothered making this post, your far to opinionated to listen to anything anyone is telling you anyways..... Go right ahead and beleive this B.S. that he does so well racing his hellfart, lets see some trophies if he's so great, but let me tell ya we travel far and wide racing Truggies and to this date we have never once seen a Hellfart on the podium...most people gave up on that thing years ago and moved onto much better platforms...... To me it seems like you wasted everyone's time with this post.................. You asked whats wrong with the Hellfire and we told you, you just didn't like what you were told !!!! Have fun and I truly regret trying to offer your ignorant ass any advice !!!!

Last edited by Maximo; 01-13-2009 at 03:37 PM.
Old 01-14-2009, 12:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Maximo
We're only trying to help you and have you not make the same mistake we made..Hellfire's are one of the worst Truggies you can buy but if you truly beleive they are that great go for it..........It truly baffles me that you even bothered making this post, your far to opinionated to listen to anything anyone is telling you anyways..... Go right ahead and beleive this B.S. that he does so well racing his hellfart, lets see some trophies if he's so great, but let me tell ya we travel far and wide racing Truggies and to this date we have never once seen a Hellfart on the podium...most people gave up on that thing years ago and moved onto much better platforms...... To me it seems like you wasted everyone's time with this post.................. You asked whats wrong with the Hellfire and we told you, you just didn't like what you were told !!!! Have fun and I truly regret trying to offer your ignorant ass any advice !!!!

Unbelievable what comes out of poeple mouths. Hellfire is a decent truggy does well. No said it was the best truggy out there. But truth be told there is no "best" truggy out there. Even your mugen has had there problems too. But in your words truggy with any problems is "POS". So why you still running it then your mugen???????? I'm getting that you buy the next new thing so that means it the best what you had is junk.
If you think the truggy any brand is what makes you win you are very wrong and you know it. That 90% of it is the driver alone truggy no matter brand don't exactly make you a WINNER. I race my Hellfire very well I don't win all the time in fact my brother gets me most of the time with his Hellfire. He was racing a lightning pro r now that thing is a POS IMO. Darn thing broke all the time most it was the front end. He's much happier with the Hellfire I gave him. That I club race so what you have a problem with it. Truggies in my area are dropping off so I have a buggy now.
You seem upset that I do well with my Hellfire maybe I'm a better driver that knows how to set it up . I even have Xray XT8 that by far blows your mugen out of water in Quality and plastic. Just hard to get parts for.

Then when run out insult you try POS or hellfart really shows off your intelligents. That you wasn't giving advise just your hate and idiocy. The most popular truggy isn't mugen it's the Jammin truggy.

NOW ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

Last edited by pdmustgt; 01-14-2009 at 11:33 AM.
Old 01-14-2009, 05:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Unbelievable what comes out of poeple mouths. Hellfire is a decent truggy does well. No said it was the best truggy out there. But truth be told there is no "best" truggy out there. Even your mugen has had there problems too. But in your words truggy with any problems is "POS". So why you still running it then your mugen???????? I'm getting that you buy the next new thing so that means it the best what you had is junk.
If you think the truggy any brand is what makes you win you are very wrong and you know it. That 90% of it is the driver alone truggy no matter brand don't exactly make you a WINNER. I race my Hellfire very well I don't win all the time in fact my brother gets me most of the time with his Hellfire. He was racing a lightning pro r now that thing is a POS IMO. Darn thing broke all the time most it was the front end. He's much happier with the Hellfire I gave him. That I club race so what you have a problem with it. Truggies in my area are dropping off so I have a buggy now.
You seem upset that I do well with my Hellfire maybe I'm a better driver that knows how to set it up . I even have Xray XT8 that by far blows your mugen out of water in Quality and plastic. Just hard to get parts for.

Then when run out insult you try POS or hellfart really shows off your intelligents. That you wasn't giving advise just your hate and idiocy. The most popular truggy isn't mugen it's the Jammin truggy.

NOW ENOUGHT IS ENOUGHT
Why stop now? I mean you've worked you self up a good sweat, so don't stop now!
Old 01-14-2009, 11:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by The Working Man
Why stop now? I mean you've worked you self up a good sweat, so don't stop now!

No sweat at all here but enough is enough. He likes what he like I happy with I got does it really matter as long we have fun at the track RIGHT.
Old 01-14-2009, 06:02 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

..Just an opinion..The biggest problem that the Hellfire had/has is that HPI NEVER supported it..never had a "Race Team"..The Hellfire could have been a lot better than it was if HPI had supported it..HPI did not support it because it was a pos or anything like that it just happen to have been released when HPI changed their stance on racing..HB is their "racing" company and the HPI label is RTR and geared towards bashing..Yes their were a "few" problems with the Hellfire at first..The SS version did address 99% of the problems..I still occasionally pull mine out and race it for fun..It's fun to finish in the top 3 with it..the look on guys faces when they get beat by a Hellfire..classic....and yes Maximo I do own 4 other Truggies..Mugen MBX5T Prospec, Kyosho ST-RR, Losi 8T, Caster K8T (heavily modded..a cross with a Mugen) I rate the Hellfire in the same league as the Hyper ST and the TT ST1..I dont see these truggies at my local races either..in fact you dont see many Mugens lately either..and at the last few big races you have not even seen a Mugen in the A mains..does this mean it's a pos....Back to the Hellfire..To be Honest I was disappointed in the Hellfire and HPI's lack of support for a truggy that did have potential..But to this day I dont feel that it's as bad as everyone is making it out to be..I do have some very close friends that DO work for HPI so I really do know what the "deal" was on the Hellfire..
Old 01-14-2009, 10:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Exactly
Old 01-16-2009, 04:53 AM
Tech Addict

Man from 150 ft. they all look alike.I could change the bodies on them and even a pro could not be able to visually tell a difference in them.I say we all pitch in and buy this guy a HellFire and let him experience the quality, smooth ride and the sheer luxury.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.