Community
Wiki Posts
Search

So, whats wrong with the Hellfire?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 06:51 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Funny..the bulkhead mod was something I never had to do because I never had a problem with it an most guys I know that ran a hellfire never had any problems. Most of your other links pertain to the RTR..the SS did not really have the problems that the RTR had..I can still WIN with mine..it's not my truggy of choice..but for bashing it's fine..all you proved is that you know how to use the search feature. You are corect about HPI and their lack of suport for the hellfire..but the real problem with the hellfire is it was to stiff..no flex..so when people crashed the force had to go somewhere..the SS did address most of these areas..you can believe what you want to..I still have one so I know what's really needed.
Old 12-31-2008, 07:17 PM
dsl
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I drove a Hellfire SS and liked it. I normally race a Mugen, but was not disappointed by the Hellfire. I thought it handled well, steering was good. It should be great if you're not racing. Even then, I'm sure you can still have some fun until you're ready for more serious racing. I did feel it was a little on the heavy side. The thing I disliked the most about it was that it appeared to take longer in taking it apart for maintenance/repairs.
Old 12-31-2008, 07:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ultegrasti
IIRC (honestly forgot bout it), they had many bulkhead failures, or toe plates on the bulkhead. somethin to that affect. was down to fact that it was being all held together on chassis at 1 place by only 1 bolt. long time ago, lil fuzzy on that 1. it was a tick heavy then, but now with every1 in the truggy game and the conversions long gone, its real bloated in comparison.

R

+11111111111
i am so regret to buy one and the HF has no resale value and its a money pit..now i have a CRT much better....
Old 12-31-2008, 08:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

I've been racing mine for 3 yrs. What bulkhead problems? I'm still using the same one that it came with. Hinge plates never had a problem with them either but they was upgrade to speedtech hinge plates. 9 lbs is heavy that what mine is I think the CRT was heavier. I even ran the same CVD's for all this time too. Look how many times the H9 was pushed back who else haven't pushed back there release of product. You seem to think since it was pushed back there was something wrong with it. Theres many things that can delay it you know it

Tell me what r/c vehicle that poeple don't upgrade including kyosho. The all r/c vehicles somewhat turn into money pits with no resale value.

Speaking of truggyracers.com you don't even know why it got deleted in the 1st place. It had nothing to do with lose of support or poeple.
Old 01-10-2009, 07:43 PM
Tech Adept

Wow. I didn't make this topic so people would argue about how well it is or how bad it is and tell me not to buy one. I just wanted to know the pros and cons. >_>
Old 01-10-2009, 08:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

One of my first cars was a used hellfire. The stock motor was blown when i got it and i had a good savage 28 so I ran it rather than rebuilding the stocker so my opinion of power could be a little different. I thought power with the Savage motor was good though.
The truck is really fun to drive, it was probably my favorite out of all the trucks I have had actually. Not as tall as a monster truck but handles much better IMO and can still tackle smaller obsticales easily (larger ones just need more speed lol). The stock steering servo should be replaced upon purchase, maybe it was just mine but i thought it was very weak. I kept my brakes biased to the rear so i could "slide" around coners rather than try to get all those large stock tires spinning. I came up from a RC10GT when i got this hellfire so my braking style could just be inherited from that. A roll cage woudnt be a bad idea, the enough tumbles and you will take out the stock body. I also used a Sportwerks HT pipe and header and that gave it alot more bottom end over the stock pipe (but i didnt have the stock motor).
I say if you like it, get it. If your going to use it anything like i used mine, just out-right enjoyment, I think it would be a great choice and company's like integy make all kinds of aluminum upgrades for them
Hope this helps
-Will
Old 01-10-2009, 09:23 PM
Tech Adept

I'm getting 3 extra engines with mine. They are hpi .25, a cen matrix .28, losi mach 427, and a picco 0-1, idk what the picco 0-1 is though >_>
Old 01-10-2009, 09:46 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

friends don't let friends drive hellfires.
Old 01-10-2009, 10:29 PM
Tech Elite

Pros:

1: Heavily built which means for the most part it can take a real beating
2: it has a lot of aluminum so it can take a real beating
3: it comes with tires

Cons:

1: Its really heavy which means it isnt race worthy in comparison
2: parts are getting harder to find
3: it steers like a gumby dump truck
4: it isnt pretty to look at
5: you have to change all the electronics in it to make it reasonable to drive
6: its clumsy
7: it can accelerate hard but its a guess if it will hold a straight line

Basically when they developed the truck they did not have anything as a base so they tossed some stuff together to call it a truggy. On the other hand it is tough and if your looking for a good bashing truck then its great but if you have any other intentions i would seriously consider ANY other truggy.
Old 01-10-2009, 11:20 PM
Tech Adept

4: it isnt pretty to look at

That's just an opinion. I like they way it looks. A lot actually. Hmm, going off what I've heard, it's not good for racing, but some people use it for racing and say it's good. I know someone who had one, and loved it, but traded it for a pool pump because it wasn't a 2speed. Hmm, I probably wont be racing it a lot though. Maybe at a local track or something, just to drive it around. Sounds like a good car for me. Thanks.
Old 01-11-2009, 12:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

I'm still laughing at his cons sooo full of it
Old 01-11-2009, 12:22 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by pdmustgt
I'm still laughing at his cons sooo full of it
Lol. Idk I think I'd rather believe my uncle over the guys on here about the Hellfire.
Old 01-11-2009, 12:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

the hellfire was my first truggy, I used to start racing, everything was good, finishing races and everything, and about 2 months later I was starting to get a lot of front/rear diff problems, all the time! but I believe there are some mods to fix that problem, I really enjoyed the hellfire though.
Old 01-11-2009, 01:05 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Dvx400Rider
Lol. Idk I think I'd rather believe my uncle over the guys on here about the Hellfire.

My question is.. why are you even bothering coming onto the forums and asking such a question when you have your thoughts on it anyways. I mean come on you would rather believe your uncle instead of the people on here? Why are you asking the people on here if you dont want thier opinions? Ask around your house in the backyards or in the baseball fields then if thats what you want or is this some kind of 4.5 minutes of fame for you to ask it?
Old 01-11-2009, 01:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Illbreakthat
My question is.. why are you even bothering coming onto the forums and asking such a question when you have your thoughts on it anyways. I mean come on you would rather believe your uncle instead of the people on here? Why are you asking the people on here if you dont want thier opinions? Ask around your house in the backyards or in the baseball fields then if thats what you want or is this some kind of 4.5 minutes of fame for you to ask it?
And where was your opinion at? From what I was reading it wasn't one in the 1st place.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.