So, whats wrong with the Hellfire?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

So, whats wrong with the Hellfire?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 02:49 PM
Tech Adept

Default So, whats wrong with the Hellfire?

I'm not going to race or anything, just to drive around in the back yard.
Old 12-29-2008, 02:51 PM
Tech Adept

I would like pro's and cons, please. Thanks everyone.
Old 12-29-2008, 02:56 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

IIRC (honestly forgot bout it), they had many bulkhead failures, or toe plates on the bulkhead. somethin to that affect. was down to fact that it was being all held together on chassis at 1 place by only 1 bolt. long time ago, lil fuzzy on that 1. it was a tick heavy then, but now with every1 in the truggy game and the conversions long gone, its real bloated in comparison.

R
Old 12-29-2008, 03:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

if the parts availability is good in your area and that is what you want then go for it..
Old 12-29-2008, 03:53 PM
Tech Adept

I know someone who had one, but sold it cause it was only a one speed, but he said he would have kept that instead if it was a two speed. He said he would have kept it over the savage.
Old 12-29-2008, 03:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

i do not think that you will be dissapointed.. just make sure you have a good place to buy things that you will need
Old 12-29-2008, 04:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

its hpi. alot of lhs dont carry hpi proucts and the what a hellfire is hpi. and plus

friends dont let friendds drive hellfires
Old 12-29-2008, 10:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Theres nothing wrong with them.
Old 12-30-2008, 12:19 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ultegrasti
IIRC (honestly forgot bout it), they had many bulkhead failures, or toe plates on the bulkhead. somethin to that affect. was down to fact that it was being all held together on chassis at 1 place by only 1 bolt. long time ago, lil fuzzy on that 1. it was a tick heavy then, but now with every1 in the truggy game and the conversions long gone, its real bloated in comparison.

R
Why would you even bother to reply if you HAVE NO CLUE on what your talking about..Really..Honestly if your going to bad mouth a truggy you should at least have your facts straight before you say anything..and last you should really own one to critique it..because if you had one you would know that your statement of "being all held together on chassis at 1 place by only 1 bolt" is incorrect.
1..The Hellfire is not heavy..it's in the middle..
2..I was not aware of any "bulkhead" failures..care to elaborate on this..and the construction as far as bulkheads go is pretty standard stuff..
3..The Hellfire has gotten a "bad rap"..it did have some problems but they were all fixable. for bashing it's a great truggy..99% of the guys that talk shit about the Hellfire never owned one..typical Internet "experts"..
Old 12-30-2008, 12:57 AM
Tech Adept

for bashing they are good if you can get parts at your local hobby shop but i would rather get a savage for bashing just beause the fact that you can crawl rocks better because you get borade just driving fast on flat ground? just my .02
Old 12-30-2008, 03:19 AM
Tech Adept

I like the truggy style more, but if I find a good savage, I'll defiantly think about getting it.
Old 12-31-2008, 04:33 AM
Tech Adept

bump
Old 12-31-2008, 09:06 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I ran a hellfire for a season and I can tell you that for bashing it would be just fine. I also own several monster trucks and would recommend the savage for bashing over the hellfire. Parts and hop ups are much easier to get and you will like the extra ground clearance, two speed and reverse. Monster trucks are just more fun to bash in my opinion. One more thing, the savage is far less likely to break in me experence.
Old 12-31-2008, 10:03 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The hellfire is a great rig for bashing and club racing...I picked an RTR up in '05 for bashing duties...I have been an on-road racer up until I purchased the HF. I ran one season of club races at my local track with the RTR and some upgrades. Last season I picked up the HF SS kit on closeout from my LHS and raced it for a season as well. The HF is a bit heavier than other truggies, but the chassis is much stiffer as well. This forces the setup to be more accurate and is actually helpful for beginers as they are forced to learn how to set up a rig for a specific track condition. I recently purchasd a RC8T as my driving skills have developed beyond the HF's capabilities.

<Shameless Plug> I have my HF up for sale if anyone's interested.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...llfire-ss.html
Old 12-31-2008, 04:54 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Oasis
Why would you even bother to reply if you HAVE NO CLUE on what your talking about..Really..Honestly if your going to bad mouth a truggy you should at least have your facts straight before you say anything..and last you should really own one to critique it....typical Internet "experts"..
Hello or perhaps Hey Now, before you go running out saying i can see a liar, lets start here...

i'm feeling a bit saucy tonight, well perhaps even a lil supersonic sittin here with my gin and tonic poetically enuff. so fitting as it be some1 called 'oasis' popping off on my big mouth before you knew what you were dealing with as well. d'you know what i mean ?

if we all can recall, the truck was delayed 3 times b/c of issues encountered by HPI. after its release, little by little it didnt take long to find the cracks, some might say ...

The flashpoint that exposed the biggest weakness in the hellfire, not to mention diff failures. the truck really aint got nothin for the new breed.

http://forums.radiocontrolzone.com/s...&pp=25&page=16

starts on page 16, the 1st pics are on 17, the initial fixes for that problem are shown on 18 and on. the truggyracers problem threads were deleted in 2nd half of 2006 when they killed off the hellfire forum, they've brought it back, but much of that good old info is gone.

here's a fix from late 2007.

dont worry its getting better man !

as reported from rcca jan 2007 "The broken CV axle and diff were flukes because I did not here of any such failures at the track or on the various RC forums, but broken suspension arms were common enough to make HPI design new ones and send them out to their customers who reported problems" enquote. the cv and diffs were not flukes, folks have tried all sorts of combos and even after adding more substantial stiffening braces, these failures still exist. i forgot bout the arm change they made. talk about service packs. still only helped exposed hinge pin issues that dont go away til folks tried other non-hpi pins and other mods.

forgot bout this too!!!! shock towers that bend...

http://www.truggyracers.com/forum/in...howtopic=17021

a nice link page to many fixes and improvements to your hellfire

http://www.truggyracers.com/forum/in...showtopic=4038

sorry, the nature of reality shows that there are many other trucks out there that are newer (not partially/totally discontinued) with more support and less design flaws that it. best of luck to all who run it indeed, they will surely soldier on, but i'm afraid this truck is going nowhere. cant sit here and say lets all make believe and ignore the writing on the wall.

hmmm i dig the 'expert' tag, think i might roll with it!!! somethin like this...

i hope, i think, i know . that and i put my money where my mouth is.

c'mon oasis, who feels love? c'mon go let it out. i'm sure i can make a hot bodies fan laugh and work in a shock of the lightning diss on truck but i'll bag it up as i'm outta time .

cant ya tell its new year's

oasis, when the lights go down me and you go shoot em up!!! just hope the lord dont slow down me down ....even more in '09

best wishes

R

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.