Search

Fioroni Clutch System On 8ight

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 02:26 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Fioroni Clutch System On 8ight

Hi,
has anyone tried the FIORONI CLUTCH on a losi 8ight or 8ight-t before.

Thanks,
Matt
Old 12-29-2008, 08:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MaTt 93
Hi,
has anyone tried the FIORONI CLUTCH on a losi 8ight or 8ight-t before.

Thanks,
Matt
Works awesome. Best clutch I have owned. I run mine with 2 stiff springs which gives you a little more snap. Lasts a whole race season easily. I think I have about 8 gallons on mine and its still running strong.
Old 12-29-2008, 08:15 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I do Not like these clutch's for the fact they Do Not snap like a 3-4 shoe alum set-up does and makes the bottom end feel Overly Dull....the Twin Turbo is especially bad for when you go to add extra springs and the shoes collapse on them selves from the tight springs....If anything the 2 shoe carbon is the better set-up...the 2007 is Junk imo.....M2C is the way to go if you want the best stuff.
Old 12-29-2008, 09:06 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Integra
I do Not like these clutch's for the fact they Do Not snap like a 3-4 shoe alum set-up does and makes the bottom end feel Overly Dull....the Twin Turbo is especially bad for when you go to add extra springs and the shoes collapse on them selves from the tight springs....If anything the 2 shoe carbon is the better set-up...the 2007 is Junk imo.....M2C is the way to go if you want the best stuff.
I have to disagree with this. Especially the shoes collapsing part. Like I said I have 8 gallons on mine with 2 stiff springs and the shoes definately arent collpased. And for snap theres plenty. I have run my fioroni and a normal losi setup(4 KHZ shoes, 2 gold and 2 silver springs) on my v-spec and actually believe that the fioroni has just as much snap. I run mine in a truggy with a .21 and still have no issues with snap. And even if it does have a hair less snap I will take that any day over a 2 gallon clutch with a hair more snap. Not to mention that clutch bearings last 5 times longer and clutch bells dont get all that aluminum build up inside them. I think any more snap(especially in a buggy) would be hard to control. Just my 2 cents
Old 12-29-2008, 09:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Fiorini severely hurt the low end of any motor... I can see them working in a Buggy, but they suck in a Truggy... The clutch does work well, and lasts a very long time, however they take a huge chunk of a motors low end snap away..... A .21 in a Truggy with a Fiorini will feel like a dead horse off the bottom... I still use them, but only for applications where I dont need a strong low end, or when I am running a modified 28 and am trying to tame the low end back....
Old 12-29-2008, 09:25 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Maximo
Fiorini severely hurt the low end of any motor... I can see them working in a Buggy, but they suck in a Truggy... The clutch does work well, and lasts a very long time, however they take a huge chunk of a motors low end snap away..... A .21 in a Truggy with a Fiorini will feel like a dead horse off the bottom... I still use them, but only for applications where I dont need a strong low end, or when I am running a modified 28 and am trying to tame the low end back....
I don't know man. I guess im just special But with mine on a v-spec in a truggy I have plenty of snap. It could be my driving style i guess. But I know SEVERAL other people who feel the same way. If you don't run the stiff springs in it and change them every few gallons i could see it lacking snap. I ran mine stock for awhile and found it not to have very much snap but when I put 2 brand new stiff springs in it it was like night and day. I guess it suites some and doesn't others. For me its the best setup I have ever ran.
Old 12-29-2008, 10:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Matt, try the OT-FR56 shoes instead, and try them with the stiff OT-FR59 springs for more punch. Get the OT-FR50 flywheel. The link you posted is for the 50/50 4 shoe clutch. The FR56 clutch is also a 4 shoe, but IMO works better than the 50/50 4 shoe.
Fioroni has a new conventional looking 4 shoe clutch, similar to the current 3 shoe Vario clutch, A Main will have them very shortly.
Old 12-29-2008, 11:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
I don't know man. I guess im just special But with mine on a v-spec in a truggy I have plenty of snap. It could be my driving style i guess. But I know SEVERAL other people who feel the same way. If you don't run the stiff springs in it and change them every few gallons i could see it lacking snap. I ran mine stock for awhile and found it not to have very much snap but when I put 2 brand new stiff springs in it it was like night and day. I guess it suites some and doesn't others. For me its the best setup I have ever ran.

The difference you will feel is very dependent on track surface and available traction... on low traction surfaces the Fiorini seems to do fine, however on high bite surfaces i find it severely hurts low end... I will use my Fiorini if traction is low, or I am trying to tame big 28... however on high bite surfaces with a .21 I have issues with the Fiorini in Truggy...