R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Grp mario tuned vs RB c6 l2g (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/262940-grp-mario-tuned-vs-rb-c6-l2g.html)

buggydad 12-28-2008 05:45 PM

Grp mario tuned vs RB c6 l2g

I'm getting back into the hobby after a 3+ year hibernation and I couldn't be more excited :nod::nod: I used a Rb c6 in a kyosho 777 then and loved the motor.I just got a losi 8ight 2.0 and I'm looking at an engine a pipe set (Rb c6 bbt l2g) (GRP Mario tunned promo set)how do these compare???:tire:
Thanks

Also what hopup parts from the 8ight 1.0 will work for the 8ight 2.0?
and is it recommended to run alum chassis braces?

AutieBender 12-28-2008 06:11 PM

chassie braces

Do not run the aluminum chassie braces! that is the worst thin you could do. The reason why the losi 2.0 is the best car out is cause of the amazing flex characteristics. If you put aluminum braces on then the chassie won't flex as much and then it wont make the car any better than your kyosho. You need the flex for handling, stability and cornering.

Sorry I have never run an rb before. But GRP get crazy fuel mileage(the tuned version gets like 2 minutes longer than the regular), they are super fast on mid range and top end, and they last over 10 gallons. But GRP needs to be used on a track that is big with long strait aways and big corners. It does not have the punch for sharp corners and a lot of 180 hairpins. So it depends on the track. I am not sure what kind of power band the rb has.

Zerodefect 12-28-2008 06:51 PM

The GRP's I've driven were not very powerful. A V-spec or S7 was faster. They got the job done though. They were very hard to tune compared to OS and RB.

Everyone keeps telling me that the C6 is such a monster that its a good fit for truggies. Haven't seen one.

r1harper 12-28-2008 07:07 PM

the C6 is a nice engine...but $450 alot of dough....a good driver and a good engine can be just as deadly

r1harper 12-28-2008 07:09 PM

what is weird is i just got the standard Grp and it has very good power, i was actually surprised.this engine reminds me of the old ninja which was my favorite besides RB WS7, and S5, it idles very well and spools up quick well at least mine is real strong.

Zerodefect 12-28-2008 07:26 PM

Yup, It worked well......but was just kinda boring. Didn't have the rip the WS7 had. I don't think its fair to compare it to the C6. If your Ok with the C6 price then why look any further?

robbdny 12-28-2008 07:34 PM

Grp

I am on my 2nd GRP non tuned and it has tons of grunt. Very very close to the Mr Ninjas; I had 3 of those. Jon @ Carolinas RC said that the Mr. Ninjas and the GRP Tuned are almost identical. I ran the tuned GRP also and to be honest there's very little difference really just the top end and fuel economy best $220 I have spent on a motor.

Just my 2 cents

buggydad 12-28-2008 07:37 PM

Ya I was thinking the same thing about the chassis braces.Just have no experience with this buggy.What is usually done to the buggy to improve it durability wise.front c holders,front hub carriers,rear hub carriers?
Most of my racing is at hobby hut http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7z0n...eature=related (youtube vid) they change the layout about 3 times a year give or take. but i think that a motor with a beefier bottom end would be more beneficial what do you guys think???
I got the 8ight 2.0 fri and already painted the lid ill try to post some pics:flaming:I'm really liking it,I bin so darn itchy I'm playing with everything on it giving it the look over X100 LOL

buggydad 12-28-2008 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by Zerodefect (Post 5219209)
Yup, It worked well......but was just kinda boring. Didn't have the rip the WS7 had. I don't think its fair to compare it to the C6. If your Ok with the C6 price then why look any further?

I asked my hobby shop if they could get the c6 packadge and said to take a look at the grp mario promo kit at that price range. That they really like it.But i only ever hade 1 os vspec (fried it in 2 gallons ???) 1 c6 a 2 c5s before.Never tried the ws7s tho

r1harper 12-28-2008 08:16 PM

in buggy the WS7...sweet

infanterene 12-28-2008 09:23 PM

I have a C6 L2G with a JP4 pipe in a Losi 2.0. I used to run Ninja motors which are very simular to the GRP's.

I dont recomend the the C6 motor/pipe kit. It comes with the 2045 pipe which is great for runtime but really kills power on the C6. With a JP4 the motor is a monster. Crazy bottom, top and midrange.

The C6 is a lot of money but for my track I need it. We have big jumps with very short run ups. After whatching a video of your track, it looks like you dont really need that much bottom end. You could probably save some money going with a ws7 but if money is no object than the c6 is good too.

My ninjas were slow but gave me great runtime. Usually pitted at 10 min. They held a tune very well also.

By the way dont waste any money on hopups for the 2.0. They will not make it faster or more durable.

Gergely 12-29-2008 12:40 AM

Imho go for C6BB L2G. LOT more punch and at least the same if not better runtime.

buggydad 12-29-2008 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by infanterene (Post 5219799)
I have a C6 L2G with a JP4 pipe in a Losi 2.0. I used to run Ninja motors which are very simular to the GRP's.

I dont recomend the the C6 motor/pipe kit. It comes with the 2045 pipe which is great for runtime but really kills power on the C6. With a JP4 the motor is a monster. Crazy bottom, top and midrange.

The C6 is a lot of money but for my track I need it. We have big jumps with very short run ups. After whatching a video of your track, it looks like you dont really need that much bottom end. You could probably save some money going with a ws7 but if money is no object than the c6 is good too.

My ninjas were slow but gave me great runtime. Usually pitted at 10 min. They held a tune very well also.

By the way dont waste any money on hopups for the 2.0. They will not make it faster or more durable.

Im going C6 again. I ran a jp2 with my last c6 and i liked it but got poor runtimes.But I'm willing to try The jp4 what part of the power band does that favor?
I don't have any spare engines maybe ill pick up a ws7 before the race season starts.(i like to have an extra just in case so I'm not out of a race day over something dumb)
And no hopup parts needed sounds even better :nod::nod::sneaky:
Thanks for all the response:smile:

dsl 12-29-2008 07:56 AM

Look at the new RB C6 USA edition. It's supposed to have a stronger bottom end. I haven't seen it available yet, but I don't think it should be too long.

SPEEDSKI 12-29-2008 08:23 AM

I love my C6. It is an amazing motor. I do run it with the 2045 pipe, I have not tried any other pipes yet.

What do you guys think as far as another pipe, besides the JP pipe????

Also, are you guys runing the orange insert??

Love the RB!!!!! I know ALOT of guys who have had bad luck with the GRP.