Wiki Posts
Search

Proline foams

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 08:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default Proline foams

I bought a couple of sets of tires used off of someone on here and each set has one with a broken foam. The first set is lpr m2 crimefighters and it has a grey foam with grooves on top. The second one is lpr m2 bowtie and it has a yellow foam with grooves on it. Where can I find these foams. I looked on a main and couldn't find the right ones, and I looked on prolines website and also could not find the lpr ones with grooves. Any help would be appriciated. By the way, I used the oven method to get the tires off for the first time, and it worked great.
Old 12-23-2008, 08:51 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Dont buy any more Grey Proline foams...they Suck.....the yellow's are Ofna's which are significantly better....so im kinda suprised that one let go....and for what its worth...i would be dismounting All the tires and replacing all the foams....as 1 new foam wont ride the same as 3 old foams.......either way...the ofna's are what you want....unless you want to go with a Standard open cell foam.....Panter makes those and make the tire nice and gushy...not Stiff and hard like most molded foams......If the tires didnt have the ribs on the inside i would recommend the AKA foams...but they probably wouldn't sit right in a proline tire.
Old 12-23-2008, 08:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Get the Trinity Bomb One foams

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/17915
Old 12-23-2008, 09:57 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I have been wanting to try AKA inserts in bowties...Can't wear out my ibeams yet to get some though
Old 12-23-2008, 09:57 AM
Tech Lord

The Bomb's are ONLY good for the Losi XTT Tires IMO.....with the flat profile to them the bomb's are purfect....but any tire with a Curve to them will feel Flat and dull with the Bombs...thats why i recommend the Panter's ....as they are Significantly larger and Fill the tire Alot Better.
Old 12-23-2008, 10:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

yes yellow Ofna foams are the all around inserts for buggy tires.
Old 12-23-2008, 11:23 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by -R2-
yes yellow Ofna foams are the all around inserts for buggy tires.

uhh...no body mentioned buggy tires.
Old 12-23-2008, 02:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Integra
The Bomb's are ONLY good for the Losi XTT Tires IMO.....with the flat profile to them the bomb's are purfect....but any tire with a Curve to them will feel Flat and dull with the Bombs...thats why i recommend the Panter's ....as they are Significantly larger and Fill the tire Alot Better.

I agree....mostly, but I have a set of the bombs mounted in my holeshots and love em. They seem to fill out the tire pretty well. I like either Panther foams or the bombs. All the grey proline molded foams are good for is to keep the tires in shape until you open the package. Then they need to go in the dump, or to someone you want to sponsor with junk!
Old 12-23-2008, 02:35 PM
TIX
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I agree also that the proline foams are sh!t
I use the re-use Losi/GRP foams in my prolines and they work awsome. they are a heap softer foam and fill out the tire perfect
Old 12-23-2008, 04:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

which panther foam do you normally use. What is the perferred foam stiffness for a fast smooth\semi smooth surface in the lpr?
Old 12-23-2008, 04:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Integra
Dont buy any more Grey Proline foams...they Suck.....the yellow's are Ofna's which are significantly better....so im kinda suprised that one let go....and for what its worth...i would be dismounting All the tires and replacing all the foams....as 1 new foam wont ride the same as 3 old foams.......either way...the ofna's are what you want....unless you want to go with a Standard open cell foam.....Panter makes those and make the tire nice and gushy...not Stiff and hard like most molded foams......If the tires didnt have the ribs on the inside i would recommend the AKA foams...but they probably wouldn't sit right in a proline tire.
+100 on the above advice
Old 12-23-2008, 05:16 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by hobdog
which panther foam do you normally use. What is the perferred foam stiffness for a fast smooth\semi smooth surface in the lpr?

the White one's....they are the same for MT or LPR sized wheels. part #PAHF145...being a smooth track you could get away with a molded foam...but its up to you.
Old 12-23-2008, 05:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

screw pro- line foams.. they work good for padding in other areas..LOL
Old 12-23-2008, 05:45 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by jamminnay
screw pro- line foams.. they work good for padding in other areas..LOL

Old 12-26-2008, 04:13 AM
Tech Adept

Hi,

please help me clearing the picture. If I would like to try other inserts in my PL Buggy tires with PL V2 Velocity rims than the original PL greys then

1; Do the AKA 34001M Buggy Shaped Foam Inserts (Medium) fit?

2; Do the Losi LOSA7730 Buggy Molded Inserts Yellow fit?

3; Do the OFNA 81098 Buggy Foam Inserts Yellow (Medium) PL-Series and 81099 Buggy Foam Inserts Red (Firm) PL-Series fit? http://www.ofna.com/images/Tires/foa...es-profile.jpg

4; Do the OFNA 81096 Buggy Foam Inserts Orange (Soft) Standard and 81097 Buggy Foam Inserts Yellow (Medium) Standard fit? http://www.ofna.com/images/Tires/foa...rd-profile.jpg

Which one I should use and when? Also please mention if there are other ones I missed from the list but works in this PL combo pretty well.

Thank you very much!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.