Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Is the New Mugen MBX6 as Tough as the MBX5? >

Is the New Mugen MBX6 as Tough as the MBX5?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is the New Mugen MBX6 as Tough as the MBX5?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 10:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Is the New Mugen MBX6 as Tough as the MBX5?

Are the new Mugen buggies as strong and durable as the MBX5?

If not, does anyone still sell the MBX5 Prospec kits? I don't know that I would want to do that - maybe just wait for an MBX6 Prospec kit to come out.

I'm not racing - just bashing, but still want the strongest buggy I can get. I may be converting it to brushless at some point, too.

Is there another buggy that is as strong and durable as the Mugen? What about the new HB D8?

Thanks for any feedback.

Last edited by Chase; 12-18-2008 at 10:11 AM.
Old 12-18-2008, 10:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 163 (100%+)

when i ran the mbx6 i never had a issue with it breaking, i have seen people break the upper hinge pin holder, but all you have to do is get the alum one and that is solved
Old 12-18-2008, 11:18 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I think your better off getting the mbx-5. I purchased one from here for under 200 with a ton of parts, and plenty of people are selling now. You will be paying top dollar for a machine that you will eventually take completely apart or just drive in the backyard. Granted parts will become less available for the mbx-5 in the future but grab enough parts now and im sure you wont be running out. Im looking at it from the cheaper more efficient way. Im racing my buggy and do not regret getting the older version that proved its a champion already.