R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   RB C6 LG2 Murnan modified off road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/260718-rb-c6-lg2-murnan-modified-off-road.html)

ANDRAZ 12-17-2008 05:30 AM

RB C6 LG2 Murnan modified off road

Anyone has any experiance with this motor? In my opinion this could be one of the best off road engines ever made.

KJD 12-18-2008 02:02 AM

Murnan modded RB C6 L2G

We have run this engine that was modded by Murnan for about 2 gal. and all I can say is WOW. the engine runs cool @210-225 with 9 to 10 min run times and much more punch than the stock one.We run ours in a Mugen Truggy,I would imagine a buggy with this mill would be awsome. Try It you will love It

cbaranski 12-18-2008 02:53 AM

I run a standard C6 BB in my truggy. And its a handful. And when I run it in my buggy, and its way uncontrolable. It is fun to try though.

Chuck

ANDRAZ 12-18-2008 09:16 AM

rb c6

So how much better is Murnan moded C6 vs stock C6 one. I am planning to buy that engine, so is it worth paying that extra cash? I realy need powerfull and reliable race engine for my rc8t.

Ultraspeed84 12-18-2008 10:35 AM

I mod c6 will be faster then ballssss... but it would be nice to have but not worth the money to me

cjm1126 12-18-2008 10:57 AM

what are you gonna put it in?

big_klemo 12-18-2008 11:47 AM

I have a modded c6 that I run in my buggy and get 9 to 10 mins out of a tank. The motor is super smooth and has tons of power. It makes driving a buggy a hand full. I also have a os speed that I run in my buggy and the c6 out performs the speed hands down. The c6 has way more bottom end punch. Just my 2 cents

Cvdiver 12-18-2008 12:27 PM

Why on earth would you want to mod that motor? I have a c6bbt l2g in my 8b, and all I can say is do you really need any more??????

cjm1126 12-18-2008 12:32 PM

actually modding usually makes an engine smoother and more controllable, even though you get more power

ANDRAZ 12-18-2008 12:44 PM

Well, Im gonna put it in my truggy rc8t, in the past had two grp 28(never ever again-little too fast,not reliable at all after 2nd gallon mark, just cant get it right), had two novas-Hot mod 28xr (too powerfull for racing,died after 11 gallons-very delited, the second one still running at 8 gals. ), had Axe Rossi Cobra evo x1(nice engine, but realy just not enough power, also broken conrod after 2nd gallon mark-also never ever again), now i have full moded extech24, great engine for truggy, but just wanted to try another 21 with overall more power than Axe Cobra.

cjm1126 12-18-2008 12:52 PM

that would be a pretty good choice for truggy, you might wanna also check into the ninja jx, it has a ton of bottom they work well in truggies also, and have great top end as well

JAMMINKRAZY 12-18-2008 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by cjm1126 (Post 5182837)
that would be a pretty good choice for truggy, you might wanna also check into the ninja jx, it has a ton of bottom they work well in truggies also, and have great top end as well

+1 I would definately consider the ninja.

Or a novarossi plus 21-5k. You can get them for $270 on amain which is a killer deal. They normally retail for around $335. One of the smoothest most powerful engines I have owned. And you know from your experience that novas last forever.

big_klemo 12-18-2008 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Cvdiver (Post 5182739)
Why on earth would you want to mod that motor? I have a c6bbt l2g in my 8b, and all I can say is do you really need any more??????

I got it modded just to try it out and it made the motor way smoother and I like having all the power it makes racing fun for me

jamminnay 12-18-2008 03:10 PM

well i am sure that it will have tons of power.. maybe a little to much

Cvdiver 12-18-2008 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by cjm1126 (Post 5182752)
actually modding usually makes an engine smoother and more controllable, even though you get more power

Smooths it out huh? It is a frightening thought that you would get or need more power with this motor. Mine doesn't seem to be very 'punchy', it seems to have a very linear power curve. I would be interested to drive one of these modded motors.

Cvdiver 12-18-2008 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by big_klemo (Post 5182928)
I got it modded just to try it out and it made the motor way smoother and I like having all the power it makes racing fun for me

How did it smooth it out? On top, bottom or middle? Or did it just make it more linear? I have noticed no major differences (uncontrollable) between top, bottom and the middle ranges of the power curve. It really seems linear to me. Maybe I have just not run it enough to see the difference.

big_klemo 12-19-2008 07:28 AM

It made the motor feal smooth across the curve from top to bottom I found that the bottom used to hit quite hard and this mod job seemed to help this out I run a little stiff clutch set up and I ran the same set up stock and modded and I like the modded on better. My only complaint would have to be is the motor likes to load up a little quicker from being modded.

infanterene 12-19-2008 08:37 AM

I have a C6 that was modded by Maxy. The motor is very controllable and gets over 10min.

CanyonCarverR1 12-19-2008 10:32 AM

[QUOTE=Cvdiver;5182739]Why on earth would you want to mod that motor?

Because you can! :batman:

Cvdiver 12-19-2008 10:42 AM

[QUOTE=CanyonCarverR1;5186547]

Why on earth would you want to mod that motor?

Because you can! :batman:

I just can't argue with that! LOL

Maximo 12-19-2008 10:58 AM

Truly depends on the track surface you run on..on a slick surface a C6 feels like a beast, however on a high bite surface a C6 can be a little to mild on the low end...... The C6 has huge amounts of power left on the table with its design and is capable of making huge increases in power with the right modifications...Now most modders will never really see what a C6 can do, as most do not get into retiming sleeve ports...However if someone is interested in making a beast the center exhaust port on the C6 needs to be brought up to match the eyebrow ports, approx 14 degrees needs to be added to the center port. Once this port is opened up all I can say is Lookout !!! stock because of the exhaust configuration I think they are too mild for my applications...

maycam10 12-19-2008 11:31 AM

muran modified is a great company. uriah is a very nice guy and his work speaks for himself. it may seem pricey but once you get to run the motors they modify. its worth every penny. :nod:

Cvdiver 12-19-2008 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by Maximo (Post 5186622)
Truly depends on the track surface you run on..on a slick surface a C6 feels like a beast, however on a high bite surface a C6 can be a little to mild on the low end...... The C6 has huge amounts of power left on the table with its design and is capable of making huge increases in power with the right modifications...Now most modders will never really see what a C6 can do, as most do not get into retiming sleeve ports...However if someone is interested in making a beast the center exhaust port on the C6 needs to be brought up to match the eyebrow ports, approx 14 degrees needs to be added to the center port. Once this port is opened up all I can say is Lookout !!! stock because of the exhaust configuration I think they are too mild for my applications...

You are more of a man than I am! I think I will wait a bit before I mod mine. It has what i consider tons of power!