Community
Wiki Posts
Search

jato 3.3 help

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 11:08 AM
Tech Rookie

Default jato 3.3 help

i recently wrecked my jato. the disc brake shattered and hit a curb almost full speed. is there any brake upgrades available for jato? i replaced all the broken parts however the hobby store i got parts from only had 2.2 rims instead of 2.8 what affects will this have on overall performance? i also want to put alluminum replacement parts on it but everyone i talk to tells me not to cause they cause more severe damage. if thats the case why do they make them?.. any advice would be great
Old 12-16-2008, 11:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

2.2 is a little skinnier than the 2.8 and other than less foot print on the ground you won't notice much difference in the performance. Aluminum parts are stronger but the side effects is what you have to consider. What ever holds the aluminum parts on is a weak point compaired to the aluminum. So you have to upgrade everything to aluminum which gets very exspensive. Then when you have an accident and bend the aluminum you can't just throw a cheap plastic replacement on. You have to get more exspensive aluminum parts. Hope this helps.
Old 12-16-2008, 12:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I had a Jato 3.3 and I hated it. But the best advise for you is to get RPM upgrades for it such as arms ect theyy are much stronger than the stock ones. 2.2 wheels are fine really the wheel is just smaller the tires are the same height but as said earlier are alittle thinner.
Old 12-16-2008, 01:35 PM
Tech Adept

to fix your brakes you will need to put a piece of fuel tube were the spring is after the servo. I used a piece of hose from a pintball gun that is used on the inside of the gun for an air line it is stiffer. there is a write up on the mod on the traxxas forum under jato. hope this helpes.