Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
How is the Hot bodies D8 >

How is the Hot bodies D8

How is the Hot bodies D8

Old 12-16-2008, 12:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 52 (98%+)
Default How is the Hot bodies D8

How is the Hot bodies D8? Is it durable like Kyosho? Do I need to spend lots money up grading it? How many after market parts are on Hara's buggy or is it all bone stock?

thanks in advance.
Old 12-16-2008, 03:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

There are no aftermarket parts yet. The rear shock tower and shocks were off a EVO lightning buggy. The chassis he had was test piece from hotbodies. Which is out now and some other parts.
Old 12-16-2008, 07:57 AM
Tech Master

I have it & love it. I also have an RC8 & an MBX6 (for reference). The only thing I upgraded on the car is the rear shocks. I got the 110mm ones that Hara used & it allowed the car to have more droop which I think it needed. I drive it more than the others I own.
Old 12-16-2008, 08:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Its very durable...but not as durable as Kyosho. There are some aftermarket items available, but they are few and far between, and not really necessary.

IMO the D8 is a kick ass car out of the box...even with the stock rear shocks/tower, the car is great. Some of the metal parts in the drivetrain wear kind of fast in comparison to other brands, but the parts are cheap enough that its not going to break the bank when rebuilds are needed.
Old 12-16-2008, 09:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Alot of useful info in this thread here:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...ies-buggy.html

There are aftermarket parts coming.
I switched shocks and upgraded the towers since I was breaking mine(rear one especially) to carbon, but I broke that one too hahaa.
I had a machinest work on some better aluminum ones also. I am hoping to get those later this week.
I dont run the long tower nor longer shocks though. I found you only gain so much droop(not like K Cars that use alot of rear droop). If you go too far, the CVD's start to bind in the out drives of the diff.

Car overall is durable. My only bad thing is the rear shock tower, other than that it is tough. Handles all the wrecks and everything like nothing.

Handles pretty good once you figure out your setup. Mine has finally come along and I like it alot! Its real stable and has alot of steering. The rear end can rotate around real easy to finish off 180 turns nicely. You will not be dissappointed for the cost.