Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OCM KAOS DT-19 RTR buggy

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 01:32 AM
Tech Initiate

Default OCM KAOS DT-19 RTR buggy

hey guys im sure that im going to get this OCM RTR buggy and i want to know your thoughts on the buggy i was wondering wat u guys think from the links to pics i have posted if u think that this car is fast durable a race car and up 4 a bbeating by a beginner racing on a fairly rough track?

here is some info on the OCM RTR buggy:

-9 kg servo metal gear for steering and throttle
-CVD front and rear, dog bone centers
-Turnbuckles same as the pro version
-Roll bar same as the pro version (front and rear)
-Diffs same as pro version including curve cut ring/pinion gear.
-Radio is Futaba MJ
-New High Downforce wing.
-New Dish rims with tires.
-3 port engine similiar to one shown in picture (pullstart).
-Inline polished PIPE as shown in picture.
-Pre painted and trimmed body.
-Geometry same as PRO EVO and parts are fully interchangeable to PRO.
-All metals are 6065 and can be upgraded to 7075.

and here is some links to some pics of the OCM KAOS DT-19 RTR buggy:

http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/p...s/100_0860.jpg

http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/p...s/100_0886.jpg

http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/p...s/100_0887.jpg

http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/p...22190398-4.jpg

http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/p...22190398-3.jpg

http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/p...22190398-2.jpg

http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/p...22190398-1.jpg

MiTcH
Old 11-03-2008, 03:14 AM
Tech Adept

hey nitrorcs

Well the OCM's are a very understated buggy. they are quite tough and well thought out. Once setup you can get ALOOOTTTTT of steering out of them and for your purposes, i take it , youre starting out racing? it will be a fantastic starter.

Cheers Buddy.
Old 11-03-2008, 02:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

i raced for ocm for awhile and my opinion would be to steer clear... obviously this is just my opinion.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:21 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jamminnay
i raced for ocm for awhile and my opinion would be to steer clear... obviously this is just my opinion.
As you do not have the current car you really can't make any assumptions of it ?

But the RTR is very solid car. As said it's based on the newest version of the EVO with upgraded parts like arms giving more steering, bulks with improved material + swaybar installation etc. With Futaba radios, good servos and tires that work on variety of surfaces + nice .21 class engine it's definitely a hard to beat package and fully race capable.

Anyway this RTR is good example of the fact that OCM is going strong and developing their range so I'd say definitely a car worth getting
Old 11-04-2008, 05:51 PM
Tech Regular

Excellent choice if you live in Oz. Don't forget the excellent service and help re set up ect you able to attain from Kev and Theo. They both have excellent knowledge of these cars.
Old 11-04-2008, 08:19 PM
Tech Elite

i had the evo car with all of the ¨updates.¨ i can make whatever judgment i want its called an opinion!

Originally Posted by Poinas2
As you do not have the current car you really can't make any assumptions of it ?

But the RTR is very solid car. As said it's based on the newest version of the EVO with upgraded parts like arms giving more steering, bulks with improved material + swaybar installation etc. With Futaba radios, good servos and tires that work on variety of surfaces + nice .21 class engine it's definitely a hard to beat package and fully race capable.

Anyway this RTR is good example of the fact that OCM is going strong and developing their range so I'd say definitely a car worth getting
Old 11-05-2008, 06:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Yep looks like the same EVO we had here in the states. Its a good car, nothing great. It holds together fine and steers really well. Unless they changed up the shocks, they were horrible for US tracks. The motor on there is really pretty good, a GO 5 port turbo. Nothing wrong with the car, not on par with the top dogs but a good entry level car that has the ability to win races.
Old 11-05-2008, 06:14 AM
Tech Regular

Is there a lot of truggy racing over there in Aussie land.
Old 11-05-2008, 06:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)

+1

I had the 1st version with the so called EVO kit (but never installed them).

OCM is not worth the heartache bro, and I don't mean by it's performance nor specs.

My advice is buy what you see which gets reviewed in MAJOR R/C magazines.
Old 11-05-2008, 07:34 AM
Tech Regular

i had the evo car with all of the ¨updates.¨ i can make whatever judgment i want its called an opinion!
Based on your posts you got rid of yours well before the current car even saw sunlight and to my knowledge there is not single RTR in US so what do you really know ?? It's like having owned 5R and would now be eglible to comment on the new 6.
Old 11-05-2008, 07:48 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by katjim00
Yep looks like the same EVO we had here in the states. Its a good car, nothing great. It holds together fine and steers really well. Unless they changed up the shocks, they were horrible for US tracks. The motor on there is really pretty good, a GO 5 port turbo. Nothing wrong with the car, not on par with the top dogs but a good entry level car that has the ability to win races.
Pics can fool. There is a bunch of parts that are new/improved based on several aspects like weight savings, even more steering etc. So the current car is quite different one from the ones that were available when AB was leading the US team. The only point that the car lacks is the BB's out of the BOX.

RTR comes with 3p pul-start engine instead of the one in the pics. However it's as you say a excellent engine and based on the GO 5pt.
Old 11-05-2008, 08:52 AM
Tech Regular

I put 5R shocks on mine and it was night and day difference. The stockers just were poorly made in my opinion. The aluminum wore really quick on the inside due to lack of coating. That made for very inconsistent runs and lots of shock fluid change.

Did they update the diff orings to ones that seal, we always used Kyosho p6 diff orings to make them quit leaking. I got rid of my stuff right after the last bulkhead update, I tried them but the bearing hole for the pinions were still not right and let the bearings and shafts wobble. Just wore stuff out quick.

Anyone looking for some OCM truggys let me know. Got some some to sell just have not got around to it. Will send it overseas.
Old 11-05-2008, 12:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Poinas2
Based on your posts you got rid of yours well before the current car even saw sunlight and to my knowledge there is not single RTR in US so what do you really know ?? It's like having owned 5R and would now be eglible to comment on the new 6.

i had it long enough to know what the end result would be.. i race with a lot of other guys that were on the former ocm team and there opinions are the same..
Old 11-05-2008, 04:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Is there a car in existence that doesn't have people on both sides of the fence? Search these forums for as far back as they go and you won't find one that everyone agrees is a great car and has no issues at all. The responses tend to get repetitive, needing only a change of model or manufacturer to freshen them up a bit. As many people will tell you "I will never buy another XXXXXXX because they break, wear out, don't drive well, etc" as will tell you "The XXXXXXX is the best thing since sliced bread."

On the subject of the OCM, I really liked mine. For me they drove very well and were extremely reliable. The only reason I don't continue with them is I found the D8 to be more to my liking (for now anyway, I also have an MBX6 awaiting assembly ). Through the years I have owned buggies from nearly every major manufacturer and found them all to have both good points and bad. Now if my driving would only improve to take advantage of each "new and improved" car
Old 11-05-2008, 04:45 PM
Tech Master

I see you have a Caster in your collection.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.