Community
Wiki Posts
Search

caster usa piss poor products

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 08:52 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by CrashOverKill
Is it my imagination or did somone post using someone elses logon?
or is thegeneral arguing with himself?
No he just posted what is apparently a letter that he received and then asks if this is appropriate.
Either way this is some kind of beef between two people and in my opinion it should be kept personal and off of forums.
My two cents
Old 12-09-2008, 08:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Someone has a little sand in there va jay jay.
Old 12-09-2008, 08:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Here is my reply to him on the forum he took his copy from.

"My apologies to everyone here who reads these forums except for General. I may have said stuff that may not be appropriate in one of my posts but it is what it is. I have had enough of being nice to that guy and taking his crap and bashing so I said my final words to him and said them good. This in no way reflects who I am or what I race but he said what was on his mind so I said the same at that very moment. He has had a problem with me for some reason since I first went to the track with my cars and only me and my product. I will take only so much and now I am done. Everyone else who knows me knows who and how I am and am willing to help anybody (except General now LOL!) and NEVER EVER, EVER, bash someone else's car no matter what they drive. I go to have fun and race, General likes to make it a swinging contest (if you know what I mean). So to all of you I am sorry and you will not see this from me again regardless what anybody says of me or what I drive. Hope to see everyone at the track and having fun, what this should all be about anyways to all but one person.

Chris"

This guy loves to cause trouble and everyone knows that. I had enough and apologized to all the people reading it after I posted it but what is done is done.

I went so far for this guy as to offer my race buggy for him to driver when he broke his mugen MBX6 so he could keep running to be nice (after he has badmouthed me for months) and he still says all this stuff.

Yes some people have had problems with truggy diffs, (2 people where he lives),most other people have not. I think that is what he wanted to hear and I have told him that. The Team Drivers he is talking about are NOT SIGNED UNTIL 2009 so they were told they could run what they want until then. Is that wrong everyone? I do not think so as they are not under contract yet.

Last edited by vnmsgt; 12-10-2008 at 04:22 AM.
Old 12-09-2008, 09:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

By posting in this thread, you let him win. He achieves the end result that he's looking for.

Don't do it.
Old 12-09-2008, 09:06 PM
Tech Rookie

All I can say is WOW
This is a hobbie for most of us and really to take it to this level blows my mind. EVEN if these were all people making a living off from racing it really shows there profesionism, I am truly floored. I know nothing about the majority of the cars posted here so really have no stake in any of this I do however enjoy reading normally Im just a loley ofna owner LMAO
Old 12-09-2008, 09:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CrashOverKill
All I can say is WOW
This is a hobbie for most of us and really to take it to this level blows my mind. EVEN if these were all people making a living off from racing it really shows there profesionism, I am truly floored. I know nothing about the majority of the cars posted here so really have no stake in any of this I do however enjoy reading normally Im just a loley ofna owner LMAO
we take this stuff pretty strongly. bashing a guys car company and going as far as general went is like, a crip gangster going itno a bloods gangsters house and shoting his mom. i mean this stuff can get really offensive to people, and of course im on the side of caster.
Old 12-09-2008, 09:52 PM
Tech Elite

Dear "thegeneral" First off, I would love to first say that this is Mike Mazza and there is no reason to paraphrase or change wording or whatever you choose to do. Here is the direct comment directly from the owner (me).

1.) "Team Driver" I have posted it here several times that I need team drivers to tell us what is wrong with our products to make them better. That is the goal, that is the intent, that is the purpose. Of course, a person can actually win races with our products as I have seen the results worldwide. For being a guinea pig, said team drivers get to say they are sponsored if they choose, otherwise they get products at my cost to help us make products better for the end customer that pays retail. We need to know things like temperature, driver ability, mechanical aptitude, etc....and how it effects our products.

For the record, we have several drivers who have never had a diff failure and have driven countless hours on them. We also have some who just throw down on the track with not even taking them apart and heating up the diff cups, warping them, and then the gears get out of mesh and break. Some drivers are in between. This was also a problem that I believe 2 major manufacturers have had in the past. People who know their history know who I am talking about.

What is nice about our team driver master plan is that I have 50 guys right now on the tracks, reporting back, and having the freedom to solve any potential issues AND the best part is that they go to my forum page and discuss problems and solutions. What is nice is when a hobby store calls and says a customer has a problem, we can say, go to the forums, here is the solution that our team drivers found. If we weren't done redoing the truggy, we would have the diff problem solved now thanks to a few of the team drivers including Chris. It took about a month to come up with 2 completely different solutions.

For the record, the goal of the team member is to figure out a way to solve the problem. I have some looking at using buggy parts, some looking at gear conversions, and some who like yourself, like to whine and cry. Our products are as good as anyone elses and they are not quite as expensive. If all someone can say is that we have diff problems with the version 2 truggy then so be it. The new one will have all new gearing from the fusion and we will have a package deal to upconvert the version 2 truggies to the new one, or they can just buy a new one and use a lot of parts from the old one as spares. Either way, we stand behind our team drivers.

For the record, I do not condone what Shane and Chris are doing, but your attacks against my company are pointless and baseless and it actually might affect potential sales to customers and more importantly hobby stores.

For the record, Chris Figueroa is not our team manager, but he does sell our products through holeshot hobbies and he is a team driver. He has helped solve several problems from version 1 to version 2 and is trying to solve the truggy problem even though it is a moot point. As far as I am concerned, he is a perfect team driver for what we want a team driver to be. If I remember correctly, when you were breaking carbon fiber parts on your "insert name brand here", he offered you a Caster buggy to drive and I believe there is even a post here on it where you thanked him and wanted me to know about it. I am not sure what has happened since that thread that would make you do a 180, especially since you are not a Caster customer or team driver, but I remember and others remember, and it makes you look unprofessional and quite possibly schitzophrenic. I know that up here in Iowa, there is no way we did anything to you or against you, so I am still trying to understand what your intent is other than to badmouth our customers.

For the record, I have admitted every problem Caster has ever had freely and openly here and everywhere over time and stated that we want to fix our products flaws and make them better. I think with the new 1.5 series, ALL problems we have ever had are solved including diff problems. Maybe there will be new ones, maybe we will have achieved the pinnacle and made the perfect 1/8 scale products. I doubt it, but we keep improving and we keep trying. I am proud to say the problems we have because I want customers to know we do not hide things and when we solve them, we let everyone know the solution.

For the record, every other manufacturer has problems, if not more, and I do keep track of it. NO manufacturer is perfect, but it seems like once again, everyone except us gets a free pass.

By the way, there is a reason why we went away from carbon fiber....It looks awesome, but did you like spending your hard earned money on YOUR buggy? I am pretty sure that even at retail, my guys have spent less than you on replacement parts. Maybe that is your real problem with Caster?

There is a saying of "do not argue with an idiot" and I feel that comment might apply here. Not implying that you are an idiot, I just do not want myself, my team, or my company being viewed as the other one.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Since "thegeneral" has posted on other forums his intention to post all negative team driver commments he can, I recommend everyone Just use the "Report" function and let the forum owners take care of his behavior from now on.
Old 12-09-2008, 11:15 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by bigsquidracer
we take this stuff pretty strongly. bashing a guys car company and going as far as general went is like, a crip gangster going itno a bloods gangsters house and shoting his mom. i mean this stuff can get really offensive to people, and of course im on the side of caster.
that is just ridiculous dude c'mon, RC gangsters!! LMAO. "Mama Said Knock You Out!" The "Crip" Casters from the Hood.

My bad, couldn't resist!
Old 12-09-2008, 11:30 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Wow this thread is insane! For the first time in my life I am speechless
Old 12-09-2008, 11:42 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Reported....Good idea JDCrow. Never noticed that function...This guy needs to go away. His actions do nothing positive for the forum. If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem...Or so they say.
Old 12-10-2008, 01:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The Caster Racing crew....
The internet thugs..... LMAO

This is sad
Old 12-10-2008, 02:59 AM
Suspended

see mike, now if you could just get chris to do the same thing and admit caster is having issues instead of making lame excuses. none of this would have happend. but instead in constently pushes a truck that is riddled with flaws. and he did not apologize to me he blatently singled me out. just like i decided to do to him.

im sorry mike m, just pull the reigns in on your driver and we can all be cool again. i am over 2 of your drivers. and there false storys
Old 12-10-2008, 03:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Boys and Toys

And the hits just keep on coming
Old 12-10-2008, 04:30 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

good grief. even i learned in time that its a bad use of 1s time. i still get fired up bout stuff that is wrong, but i guess now i take the 'old warrior' mentality.

even if they admitted their products have issues, how does that help you.

all the manufs have issues.

wait a sec, were u the guy that tried to get hot bodies reps to cough up on their truggy diffs blowing out and to use kyoshos instead?

general, i mean private...do yourself a favor and cease from further comment.

R

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.