Community
Wiki Posts
Search

explain to a newb-the pros and cons of truggies and buggies

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 02:21 PM
Tech Initiate

Default explain to a newb-the pros and cons of truggies and buggies

What do buggies have over truggies and vice-versa?
Old 12-07-2008, 02:30 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)
Default reply

truggies are butter knives, buggies are scalpels that sums it up tires are also cheaper for buggies
Old 12-07-2008, 02:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

truggies are a lot easier to drive at the beginning.... buggy is more technical and fun!
Old 12-07-2008, 03:08 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

You guys with your short replies:

There are allot more things to consider:

truggies have much more ground clearance making them better suited for any terrain.

Truggies get less fuel economy, meaning more pit stops.

truggies will handle the tougher tracks better.

truggies will struggle more on smaller technical tracks

Truggies are much heavier meaning a more powerful engine may be needed, which also means more wear on your moving parts, and quicker slop.

You get allot less chassis slap with truggies, decreasing the chance of breakage, and engine stalls.

Truggies do not turn or accelerate like buggies

Truggy racing classes are still not as diverse as buggy.

Truggies are easier to work on. The parts aren't all crammed together.

Lids, and tires are more money for truggies.

Truggies need more attention to set-ups, as it may be more difficult to put the power down.

You may need a smoother throttle finger with a truggy, depending on the engine, tires,clutch, and set-up you run

Buggies are cooler looking and more fun to drive, but also more difficult
Old 12-07-2008, 03:14 PM
Tech Initiate

Wow, thanks for the great reply man! That's what I was looking for!
Old 12-07-2008, 03:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

nothing more funny then a newbie with a screen name "I'm pro" LOL....

anywho jazz, I have always had less pit stops with my truggy as it has a larger fuel tank. but then again I always ran .21's in my truggy with a easy trigger finger. but good reply non the less!

for me I prefeer buggy over truggy as the class's around here are much larger in the buggy class, and it takes a driver to win buggy class and not the biggest engine. now dont get me wrong a truggy is a riot to drive as you just point and go with them.
Old 12-07-2008, 03:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Well, if you're talking about racing:
I think the truggies would be more fun to start out. Even though they are bigger than buggies, they still steer pretty damn good and they drive over everything. Truggies flip alot less than buggies which makes it more fun to drive if you're just starting out racing.

Buggies are much more sensitive to ruts, jumps and track conditions. You have to be a much more precise and patient driver when driving a buggy. Also, there seems to be more competition in the buggy class which makes it harder to get good results which can be frustrating. But, if you're in it for the long run, I think the buggy will make you a better driver.

If you're bashing, I think the truggy would be more fun. It will go over alot more obstacles and go through high grass or leaves much better than a buggy.

JMO...
Old 12-07-2008, 04:18 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by blktransam

anywho jazz, I have always had less pit stops with my truggy as it has a larger fuel tank. but then again I always ran .21's in my truggy with a easy trigger finger. but good reply non the less!

for me I prefeer buggy over truggy as the class's around here are much larger in the buggy class, and it takes a driver to win buggy class and not the biggest engine. now dont get me wrong a truggy is a riot to drive as you just point and go with them.
It's a name I go by on the internet. Not just this forum.
Old 12-07-2008, 04:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

i started out with a buggy.. about 6 months later i bought a truggy and started to race it also. the bad part about having both and racing your first year of nitro is the maintenance... you have to be ver prepared when you go to the track if you plan to race both. kind of off topic but i thought i would share my views!!
Old 12-07-2008, 05:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

For me it boiled down to the cost of wheels/tires. Since they are a consumable item and the are considerably more expensive for a truggy, I opted for the buggy class.

Truggies do have a lot to offer - higher ground clearance, wider stance etc. And unless you end up upside down in the the turtle position they are pretty much self-marshalling!

If you are going to race, make sure that there are enough other people in your area with they type vehicle you choose. In my area for instance, buggy is king; often at club races they have a hard time making a truggy class.
Old 12-07-2008, 05:12 PM
Tech Initiate

generally speaking, how much more are truggy tires than buggy?
Old 12-07-2008, 05:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 93 (99%+)

Truggy tires and wheels will cost about $20 more for a set of 4. In my experience, truggy tires usually last a bit longer.
Old 12-07-2008, 05:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Get a buggy if you plan on racing. If you're a weekend warrior, get a truggy. That's a pretty general open statement though.

Buggy will challange you to become the better driver. A truggy could make you lazy and develop bad habits (if you're just starting out). You may think you're a better driver than you really are....on a truggy, because it is more forgiving. If you only run truggy, and start out on a truggy, you may get to a buggy someday and think it's a nervous handful that you wern't expecting.

The advantage of a truggy when starting out is you will for sure crash less and therefore may spend less on fix-it costs. They flip way less, and like one said self-marshall themselves. They will also have you less frustrated because they are more forgiving in most situations, therefore making them funner to drive for a newbie.

They're both cool most agree. I think it comes down to RACING. If racing ONLY, get a buggy. If weekend warrior and a basher, go truggy. That's not to say truggy owners are basher mentality. But I bet most truggy "racers" also race buggy....generally speaking.
Old 12-07-2008, 05:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

both cost alot. i cant see you really noticing the difference unless you keep track of every nickle you spend. seems odd to pro and con them to me.
Old 12-07-2008, 06:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blktransam

+1 ...... except for buggies being more fun to drive ......but they are harder to drive ....buggies that is.......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.