Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho MP9 compared to Hot Bodies D8

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 08:58 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MrLesac
you cant say one is better because it won worlds.... the top 20 guys at worlds could be fast with a duratrax...
the deal is that in the hands of the right driver, any car can be fast, and some may make it easier. what you need to do is drive both, or talk to someone who has driven both. there will be characteristics of both cars that will be beneficial.
I agree, but with hotbodies putting 4 D8's in the Amain twice as many as any other company has to say something. The main thing being that it can compete with any other car out there. I won't say it better than any other though either. They are all good cars. I really like the 8 and the MBX6 as well. I believe that the plastic is a little better with the mugen, xray, and kyosho but it's not a huge difference though.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:57 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

It's pretty simple.....if you are able to spring for the MP9 do it. If you can't afford the MP9 get a Losi 2.0, Xray or a MBX6. The D8 will cost you as much in the long run with all the worn out parts you will have to replace.

I have driven all these cars at my local track....and they all handle pretty good (D8 included) but the cars I named earlier stand out above the D8 IMO. I also drove a Hyper 9 last week and it handled really well also.

The D8 did win the worlds but in the hands of a world class on-road/off-road master. He also had a car that nobody can get yet. When the Hara edition comes out then it may be a better car but until then I would wait.

Last edited by Bogi; 12-01-2008 at 10:07 AM.
Old 12-01-2008, 11:03 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DWood
Let me make it really easy

D8 = Pinto
MP9= Porshe

comparison done
+1
Old 12-01-2008, 11:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

So what you are saying is Hara beat the best in the world with a Pinto. Ty Tessman also beat most of those at the worlds and his car was stock. What was there excuse for losing to Ty.

Originally Posted by DWood
Let me make it really easy

D8 = Pinto
MP9= Porshe

comparison done
Old 12-01-2008, 11:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

Look at the Japan Nationals, Hara and another D8 driver dominated a field full of MP9's and MBX6's. 9 D8 vs 70 or 80 MP9's and MBX6's.
Old 12-01-2008, 11:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

There just pissy (kyosho)because they think 850.00 car is the best and got there ass handed to them by a 350.00 car. Too make is worst it's happened more than twice in big races.

I seem to remember reading before the worlds. I here the kyosho guys saying a 350.00 car is junk and will not be able complet at this that level. I sure see alot of cake with frosting being eaten.
Old 12-01-2008, 11:45 AM
Tech Addict

any of those buggy xray,mugen,d8,rc8,kyosho,losi,etc can win on any level.just how much money you want to spend . I own a d8 and xray the only thing i see is the bling factor both do well on the track so far about the same as maintance wise. you just get what u really want dont settle no mater what you get

Last edited by v6shooter; 12-01-2008 at 11:59 AM. Reason: more info
Old 12-01-2008, 11:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pdmustgt
There just pissy (kyosho)because they think 850.00 car is the best and got there ass handed to them by a 350.00 car. Too make is worst it's happened more than twice in big races.

I seem to remember reading before the worlds. I here the kyosho guys saying a 350.00 car is junk and will not be able complet at this that level. I sure see alot of cake with frosting being eaten.
Ha ha.. you're right. Winning on Sunday means Sales on Monday. D8's were flying off the shelf after the IFMAR win. HPI has great marketing. The Kyosho, Mugen, AE, and Losi have proven themselves time and time again. The D8's longevity remains to be seen. But realistically these cars are rarely the limiting factor when it comes to all but the pro races. They want to win the pro classes so they can market their cars as the best to everyone else. It's all a game. Score one for HPI.
Old 12-01-2008, 12:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

If you buy a MP9 it means you have a small Penis.

If you buy an D8 it means you have a small brain.

If you buy an MBX6 it means you like balls.

If you buy a Losi 2.0 it means you weren't paying attention in your SpEd classes.

If you buy an 808 it means you don't shave your bush

If you buy a Jammin you are from South America

If you buy a CEN...well, im sorry!

If you buy a Hyper you must be confused.

If you buy a Caster...i mean, come on, who's buying a Caster?

If you buy an LRP you probably have body odor issues.

If you buy a TQ SX8...wait, you got it for free.

If you buy a __________, it means ______________

etc.
Old 12-01-2008, 12:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Crim3Wav3
If you buy a MP9 it means you have a small Penis.

If you buy an D8 it means you have a small brain.

If you buy an MBX6 it means you like balls.

If you buy a Losi 2.0 it means you weren't paying attention in your SpEd classes.

If you buy an 808 it means you don't shave your bush

If you buy a Jammin you are from South America

If you buy a CEN...well, im sorry!

If you buy a Hyper you must be confused.

If you buy a Caster...i mean, come on, who's buying a Caster?

If you buy an LRP you probably have body odor issues.

If you buy a TQ SX8...wait, you got it for free.

If you buy a __________, it means ______________

etc.
Old 12-01-2008, 12:12 PM
Tech Addict

so right
Old 12-01-2008, 12:19 PM
Tech Adept

I'd say go with the MP9, I heard it's a great car and really reliable

I mean if he has a 8ight now go with the 2.0, it's a great car imo

handles great and floats like a cloud in the air
Old 12-01-2008, 02:43 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

kyosho/novarossi/hitec , a combination that i love !!! always have and always will .

this combo has gotten me wins above the likes of gary guest, philip atondo , chad philips , tyler vik , taylor petersen and a few more fast guys , so i know it works and works well
Old 12-01-2008, 03:27 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pdmustgt

I don't think there too pissy....seeing how they have a lot of titles to look at in there trophy case but I think they wanted to put out a car that had good quality parts and take no short cuts on material.

I think the D8 handles great but from what i've seen at my local track the D8 requires a lot spare parts. Even Travis had a DNF at a big race at my local track in the main.

Even Hara knows that the stock box car isn't good enough to win..that's why he took parts from another car to make it better. I'm sure the new car will be better but that remains to be seen.
Old 12-01-2008, 05:17 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by revo61
So what you are saying is Hara beat the best in the world with a Pinto. Ty Tessman also beat most of those at the worlds and his car was stock. What was there excuse for losing to Ty.
Give them all a mp9 and see what they do!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.