Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
GS Storm and Storm Cl-1 Thread >

GS Storm and Storm Cl-1 Thread

GS Storm and Storm Cl-1 Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 11:30 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tcaputo View Post
From what i got from it is Horizon is no longer distributing GS cars and trucks... Amain told me aslong and Horizon still has parts they will sell the parts.. but im not convinced that Horizon will continue with the parts either.. they would not tell me when i called.

Well that just sucks...
Old 01-02-2009, 12:45 PM
Tech Regular

Tell me about it .. i just got one
Old 01-02-2009, 02:02 PM
Tech Rookie

I don't think so!!!
Horizon has two new models expecting to come out in February, also it's hit and miss who you talk to at A-Main, also I think A-Main deals direct with GS! I've been watching certain things that Horizon has been out of for a while but yet A-Main is getting them in.
I wouldn't start worrying until you can't back-order items!
Old 01-02-2009, 03:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default Horizon

Hey liquidsilver, did you mean two new GS models or new brands? If it's GS, where did you hear it? This is the second time I've heard talk of a new model in Feb. but it seems to be just rumor. Not arguing with you, just curious where you heard it. I talked to two Horizon sales reps today and all they can tell me is they still have a few cars and trucks and very few parts left. Neither could tell me if they would continue to import or not. The one consistent thing I've heard from Amain from several different people now is that they are not reordering kits but will continue to stock parts as long as they can get them. I don't know if they deal with Horizon or not. One rep said they are the GS distributor. Keep your hopes up guys, it'll work out somehow.
Old 01-02-2009, 03:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

There will be a new buggy
Read post 1072

http://www.rctech.net/forum/malaysia...-buggy-36.html
Old 01-02-2009, 03:59 PM
Tech Regular

yeah i guess it depend who you talk to anywhere in this case ... i had amain say that they get it from horizon but i spoke to CS and Sales but who is to say the people on the phones some dont know where they come from just that they have them or dont have them... man im not sure ... I was really wanting GS to catch on here ... not sure why not... they do well in Europe ... well i can only hope for the best and if it gets too hard to get parts i just will take this as a lesson and move on ... but i hope thats not the case.... PS this servo saver is a bitch to get together.. any hints besides push harder and zip ties??
Old 01-02-2009, 04:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

GS is there own distributer in the US....About 5-6 years ago the made the swithc to distributing there own product........This forced all hobby shops to order directly with them with a minimum sales order..Horizon still carries some items...Amain I would say orders directly from GS.....It was nice when GS had distributer`s because you could order 1 part at a time but since they are there own distributer you have to have a minimum order of $100.....It made it hard to get parts when you needed them and people got tired of waiting for there lhs to get there order in because the shop wouldn`t place the order untill they had the minimal amount ...That could take weeks......8th scale wasn`t this big when this happened so it could take weeks before you got your parts.......Gs went to distributing there product way to early and I think this is why GS in`t as big as they should be here in the states............Kyosho is there own distributer here in the states to....Thats why there is kyosho america......IF kyosho would of became there own distributer the same time GS did I don`t think we would see many kyoshos today here in the US..Kyosho waited untill they new 8th scale was going to be popular in the US before distributing there own product
Old 01-02-2009, 04:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default k car

I think a Kyosho Body Clip is like $100 lol. I hope GS comes out with a new car, as I have had great luck with the Advanced!
Old 01-03-2009, 03:33 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by joe of loath View Post
is the engine mount from the CL1 different to that from the storm RTR? My mount keeps slipping randomly, and I think its the slop in the mount.
bump, anyone?
Old 01-03-2009, 06:30 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by joe of loath View Post
bump, anyone?
if you have an rtr cl 1 you should be fine, if you have an older storm rtr, then yes they are different.
Old 01-03-2009, 06:48 AM
Tech Elite

its an older one. I guess I'll have to search elsewhere. Do you think that the mount from another buggy ie an MP7.5 will fit? or will I have to machine my own up?
Old 01-03-2009, 07:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

A lot of things happens when you are racing one big bump from behind by a fellow race, bad crash, bad landing can happen and it will pop out. as you race it further, it increase the chance so i can live with the extra weight.

3 to 1 is okey too but doing that wears out the crown gear too so we made it 4 to 0 here.

Just a precaution we do here. we thread lock the grab screws of the dog bones.

No its the universal drive shaft front and rear. Plus 1 doesnt have anything to fix this issue.

Never had a problem on these screws loosening up. Just screw it nice and tight teflon will help I do this too. Maybe the reason why you overly tight it is because of diff oil leak. Its a problem too cause the gasket provided cant provide much sealing. We use high temp gasket maker for our diffs and it seems to be working.

Originally Posted by razor_clawzz View Post
1. Yes, but the alum. ones are much more heavier. I never had my hinge pin pop put when the plastic brace was in use, but it happened when I had a bad crash so yeah, in went the alum. one.

2. I shim 3pcs on the crown side, and 1pc on the other.

3. Never had a prob with the grub screw.

4. Are you talking about the lightened outdrives?

The only Issue i have right now is the 4 self-tapping screws that holds the crown gear to the diff case seem to loosen. Tighten them a little too much and you'll strip the diff case. Any workaround? Teflon tape didn't help much
Old 01-05-2009, 09:53 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default GS

Hey guys! Check out the Malaysian thread. Terrence, aka, Jets started it. GS is huge there and the thread is 4 or 5 years old with several hundred posts. Starting with the anticipation of the CL-1 before it came out to the anticipation now of the CL-2 expected in April I think. It may be later before it's available to the US. Happy racing and keep the shiny side up. Brett.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Tcaputo- the GSUSA website was taken down about 3 years ago when GS essentially shut down the old GSUSA office. A new site will be up this year. The 800-817-1788 number is working and someone will pick up M-F 9-5 with the exception of lunch and testing/racing. Don't worry about parts supply, there will be plenty of ways to get parts.

There are a lot of things going on with GS, changes and improvements will come slowly, please be patient.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:19 AM
Tech Adept

Hi everyone.
I have a GS storm pro, the old one. Trying to rebuild it but don't have the manual, i wonder where i can download the manual. As knowing something is not right cause i kept breaking the front lower swing arm. I like the buggy alot and have try looking for help till now with no result. I believe there are brace in front and back of the buggy front swing arm to hold the pin, just can't comfirm.

Please advice,
Thank you.

Cheer.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service