Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
GS Storm and Storm Cl-1 Thread >

GS Storm and Storm Cl-1 Thread

GS Storm and Storm Cl-1 Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 07:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Gs is killing over their, i will post myn when the updates are done!! I wish they would just be bigger here
Old 12-30-2008, 07:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default More Drivers

You and me both. I think GS needs to go to some of the big races and look for drivers because at this point I don't think drivers are going to go looking for GS. Not because of bad products, just lack of publicity. Actually, with so few, if any, US factory drivers for 09, good drivers might find it a bit easier to get sponsored with GS than the more popular brands. That's pure speculation though, and I have no affiliation with GS whatsoever so they may have some drivers lined up we don't know about.

Last edited by BrettL; 05-17-2010 at 12:23 PM.
Old 12-31-2008, 05:49 AM
Tech Regular

Im soo glad i went with GS its quality of its parts is top notch .. I love my kit and im having a blast building it and i cant wait to get it out there... Im sticking with GS ... Just was wondering what amain might know cause they are just about giving away that advanced plus...
Old 12-31-2008, 08:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default gs racing 2009

Hey all: I saw this on neobuggy and found something interesting in it. There's talk of a new 8th 4wd nitro buggy so how soon can we expect it? Also i didn't think the current gs storm-cl1 team kit was all that old so what's the deal hear? Finally how does gs look with signing usa drivers for 2009 since i hear marty korn has left them? Thanks for the info

Spanish 'ace' driver Borja Hernandez has made the switch from HoBao to drive for GS Racing in 2009. The 2x Euros podium finisher is one of the most coveted drivers, and represents a positive step forward in GS Racing's plans to return to the offroad racing scene. In a statement, Borja expressed his delight at joining GS due to the top quality, innovation of the products which in turn give him confidence to win races in 2009.
www.gsracing.com.tw
Old 12-31-2008, 08:46 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I spoke to a couple of the Sales Reps at Amain and they said the only reason why they are selling these kits dirt cheap is because no one is buying them. Initially I thought maybe GS might be coming out with something new but after contacting GS they said this is their hot buggy for now. Unfortunately, as of 2 days ago Amain informed me that after they sell the last GS Cl-1 advanced plus kit they will no longer carry these kits (just not enough sales).

On a positive note, Amain will continue to carry parts for this excellent buggy. I just purchased one this week and I can't wait to build it and get out onto the track. Since Amain is selling them so cheap right now I might just buy a second for parts. I'll post some pics as soon as I get done building this beast.
Old 12-31-2008, 04:45 PM
Tech Addict

Default Bummer

Hate to hear that. I was going to get one next month but they may sell out. At least they'll carry parts for a while. Since Amain IS the distributor for the US, I hope they continue to carry parts for a long time. There are other shops that carry GS though. I've seen them advertised in the mags. Maybe Stormer or Nitrohouse, I can't remember. I'm still going to stick with GS though, even if I have to buy a quantity of spares from Hong Kong to save on shipping. Happy Racing and keep the shiny side up
Old 12-31-2008, 05:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I would love to get sponsored by gs!!!!!
Old 12-31-2008, 05:56 PM
Tech Addict

Default Sponsors

I've been told the way to get sponsored is to just race as much as possible and if you think you're good enough, or even if you don't, try anyway. My buddy that told me about his sponsors said every once in a while you may get lucky if your at a big race and a rep sees and likes your driving and sportsmanship, no company will sponsor an a$$hole. But he said it's almost always harder than that. It's just like applying for a job, you make up an actual resume of race results and such. He said he also had to be persistent, not a pest, but professionally persistent. But watch your p's and q's no matter what track you are at because you never know who's watching, good sportsmanship is as important or more important as driving talent. Even if there's not a rep there a sponsored driver might be and he might put in a good word down the road. I only know this stuff second hand, I can't do 5 laps without a turnmarshals help. Hell, I got passed by a blind old woman in a wheel chair. Later. Happy New Year
Old 01-01-2009, 08:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hey, does the RTR storm come with front CVD's and CNC alloy rear suspension arm braces? I just took mine apart (having a go at making ABS A arms) and noticed the shine when I wiped the grease off the suspension mount.
Old 01-01-2009, 12:31 PM
Tech Addict

Default RTR Storm

Yes to the front cvds. If you're referring to the lower hinge pin blocks that bolt to the chassis, the RTR came with plastic ones 4 or 5 years ago when I bought mine. Then they came out with the Storm Plus RTR, same car, different body choices, engine and radio gear. Blocks were still plastic if I'm not mistaken. If you have aluminum hinge pin holders marked A or B, then those are upgrades that were only available with the Storm Pro kit. I hope those are what you were talking about. They are a good upgrade. The only problem is that if you hit something REALLY hard a just the wrong angle, the bolts sometimes shear off in the aluminum block(roughly $30) instead of just breaking a plastic one($3.99). You have to really hit somithing good to shear a bolt, just keep them tight. If they back out a bit they'll shear more easily. Happy Racing and keep the shiny side up. Brett.
Old 01-01-2009, 03:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BrettL View Post
Yes to the front cvds. If you're referring to the lower hinge pin blocks that bolt to the chassis, the RTR came with plastic ones 4 or 5 years ago when I bought mine. Then they came out with the Storm Plus RTR, same car, different body choices, engine and radio gear. Blocks were still plastic if I'm not mistaken. If you have aluminum hinge pin holders marked A or B, then those are upgrades that were only available with the Storm Pro kit. I hope those are what you were talking about. They are a good upgrade. The only problem is that if you hit something REALLY hard a just the wrong angle, the bolts sometimes shear off in the aluminum block(roughly $30) instead of just breaking a plastic one($3.99). You have to really hit somithing good to shear a bolt, just keep them tight. If they back out a bit they'll shear more easily. Happy Racing and keep the shiny side up. Brett.
Yeah, I have 2 cast (not CNC) hinge pin blocks marked A and B. Looks like the previous owner forgot about them I don't think they're aluminium, they're too dark and too heavy.
Old 01-02-2009, 09:55 AM
Tech Regular

Default Whats going on

The gs racing USA site is not working and the toll free number just keeps ringing.... I called Amain and they said they will not carry GS cars and trucks anymore (do to horizen) thats why the fire sale... I asked about the parts and they said... well as long as we can get them from horizen then yes we will have parts.. I called horizen and i was not convinced that they are going to continue with the parts.. .... So whats the deal ... you think GS USA is no longer?? ... P.S amain lied to me before i bought the gs cl-1 in december they told me yes they will continue to stock the GS cars its just a xmas sale... (B.S)... so im worried about parts now...
Old 01-02-2009, 10:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default That's a vague statement...

What do they mean by "Due to Horizon" regarding Amain no longer carrying GS. Is Horizon no longer distributing GS? Is Horizon no longer dealing with Amain? What's the scoop???
Old 01-02-2009, 10:40 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Eccentric View Post
What do they mean by "Due to Horizon" regarding Amain no longer carrying GS. Is Horizon no longer distributing GS? Is Horizon no longer dealing with Amain? What's the scoop???
From what i got from it is Horizon is no longer distributing GS cars and trucks... Amain told me aslong and Horizon still has parts they will sell the parts.. but im not convinced that Horizon will continue with the parts either.. they would not tell me when i called.
Old 01-02-2009, 10:44 AM
Tech Elite

is the engine mount from the CL1 different to that from the storm RTR? My mount keeps slipping randomly, and I think its the slop in the mount.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service