Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
GS Storm and Storm Cl-1 Thread >

GS Storm and Storm Cl-1 Thread

GS Storm and Storm Cl-1 Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 05:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default C hubs

If you look around you should still be able to find some Fioroni aluminum hubs, as well as many other alum. parts for the old Storm. If your lhs dosn't have them I know I've seen them on Ebay stores. Remember when upgrading this car has low resale value. If you're like me though, you don't care, just want to make it durable and play hard until you wear it out. Good luck and thanks for the post. Brett, Up Side Down Racing Team.
Old 12-04-2008, 06:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Yea i'm not thinking of resale i keep hold of stuff, just upgrade some of the weaker points i'm not into a lot of aluminum this thing gets around the track pretty good as is i like it, and playin hard is there any other way...lol.
Old 12-09-2008, 06:30 AM
Tech Initiate

Default GS Philippines

Just wanted to share some pictures of GS Philippines

We are composed of relative newbies in the hobby but are quickly learning the ins and outs.

All the kits here are the lastest CL-1 ADV+ and XUT ADV
thanks to GS Racing for all the support!!!

Old 12-09-2008, 08:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default gs

Nice Rides, I wish GS was as big over here as it is all over the world. I got so sick of my D8 disintegrating and not giving me a chance to finish a race I put my old Advanced together until I can get my Losi built. I will never sell my Advanced because when my other cars brake it's always there.
Attached Thumbnails GS Storm and Storm Cl-1 Thread-picture-083.jpg   GS Storm and Storm Cl-1 Thread-picture-084.jpg  
Old 12-09-2008, 10:35 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Marcus Falconie View Post
Nice Rides, I wish GS was as big over here as it is all over the world. I got so sick of my D8 disintegrating and not giving me a chance to finish a race I put my old Advanced together until I can get my Losi built. I will never sell my Advanced because when my other cars brake it's always there.
So your done with the D8 now?... Very interesting that you keep returning to the advanced seems like a good car just wish had more US support... Tell me how the Losi goes .... is it in Kit form or a roller??
Old 12-09-2008, 03:07 PM
Tech Addict

Default GS

Great to see GS strong somewhere! Thanks for the post from the Philippines. Let us know how your races go there. I have nothing against Mugens, Kyoshos, Losi's, etc, I just get tired of hearing a GS can't compete with them. So let us know how your races go. I own a Losi and Kyosho monster trucks and a Associated stadium truck so I really don't have anything against all the other big names. Thanks for the reply guys
Old 12-09-2008, 10:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Probably because amain caught wind of them releasing a entirely new car for 09 in april or may...."suppost to be"
Old 12-10-2008, 06:20 AM
Tech Initiate

Default hi!

Hi GS fans!

yes, GS is alive and well here in Manila, Philippines. As you all know, the kits are top notch and very very competitive against better known brands.

too bad on the lack of publicity over there in the US. but im sure GS Racing is cooking something up and the next few months will see some improvements.

we will keep you guys posted on our races here and our very lively RC community.

keep on racing!
Old 12-10-2008, 10:56 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by 66ss View Post
sup....iv been thinkn about getn a cl-1 advanced or possible the cl-1 pro RTR.....do the advanced parts fit the pro rtr or visa versa?.....FYI the advanced is down to $315 on amain.....why so cheap are they gunna stop carry'n them?
I asked the sales department the same thing at amain ... and they said that they are just on sale for the holiday season.... 314... you cant beat that for the quality you get im getting one should be here any time now i cant wait.
Old 12-10-2008, 01:31 PM
Tech Elite

Default part

Tcaputo, this is the part I was telling you about. I dont know if the + comes with the aluminum one but the plastic one will start to flex and your hing pins will pop out after time.
Attached Thumbnails GS Storm and Storm Cl-1 Thread-picture-085.jpg  
Old 12-10-2008, 04:23 PM
Tech Addict

Default CL-1

I think I'll buy a Plus at this price and use my Advaced kit as extra parts. By the time you replace a body, some cvd's, suspension arms, a shock tower or two, a shock rebuild, etc. it adds up to the hundreds pretty fast. And this car will be competetive for years to come. My old Storms are competitive and their design is at least 5 years old. Still gonna post some pics of my Storms and the Advanced kit when I get the camera from little sis. So much for buying a +, damn heater core just spilled antifreeze all over my nice carpet in the truck. Oh well, still have the Advanced.

Last edited by BrettL; 12-21-2008 at 08:02 AM.
Old 12-10-2008, 05:29 PM
Tech Initiate

Default hi!

Originally Posted by Marcus Falconie View Post
Tcaputo, this is the part I was telling you about. I dont know if the + comes with the aluminum one but the plastic one will start to flex and your hing pins will pop out after time.
hi sir!

unfortunately, this part doesn't come with the + kit and i think it is highly recommended that you replace this part. i think this is the only part that you should replace as soon as you get the kit. the rest of the car is ready to go...
Old 12-10-2008, 05:39 PM
Tech Regular

ok thanks for the tips.... wonder why gs did not replace knowing it is a flawed part....
Old 12-11-2008, 05:39 PM
Tech Elite

Default gs

Originally Posted by Tcaputo View Post
ok thanks for the tips.... wonder why gs did not replace knowing it is a flawed part....
It's not that the part has a flaw, it will work it is just flexible over big jumps and your hing pins can pop out. This part was made to do this to save your diff case, but at a big race you cant have your hinge pin fall out. I have many gallons on my GS chassis with the new part with no flex and my diff cases are fine. I think in 6 mo. of racing this car I have only had to fix the front bumper and the bottom of the servo saver.
Old 12-21-2008, 07:59 AM
Tech Addict

Default pics

Do you think this part is a worthwhile upgrade then? How likely is it to have the hinge pins come out with the stock piece during the course of a race? You said your diff cases are still good, so do you see this upgrade transferring other weaknesses anywhere else? I finally took pics of the CL-1 in kit form. It's also built now so I'll take some pics once the body is painted and figure out how to post them here. Sure is nice to see GS posts, I still race my old Storms and can't wait to race the new CL-1. Talk later. Brett, Upside Down Racing Team.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service