Wiki Posts
Search

8T 2.0

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 09:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chuckinator
IMO, the three best truggys out there are the Kyosho, AE, and Jammin. All of those are longer and wider then the 8T. So why not make the new truggy longer, wider, and BETTER!? If 0 offset wheels make the truck that much better then it seems like a rather small thing to get so caught up on and pissy about. I say bring on the longer, wider truggy!
Obviously spoken from someone who doesn't have a half dosen sets of close to new truggy tires mounted on 1/2 offset rims. If you don't already have truggy tires it wouldn't matter to you. but for someone like myself that does it is a big deal. When you spend close to $90-$100 on a set of tires, rims and foams 6 sets is a big amount of money. I also have several brand new sets of tires that I havent mounted yet that I am going to have to hold off on mounting to wait and see if I'm gonna have to buy 0 offset rims to put them on and sell the $100 or so in half offset rims I have sitting here. I am welcome to the idea of a longer, wider, better truggy but I don't see how running 0 offset wheels is nesicary. They could make it longer and wider while still using 1/2 offsets. Besides if you would have seen the new trunbuckles when they were listed you would have seen that they are only 14 mm longer per side. This coupled with 0 offsets gets the truck back to it's normal width with1/2 offsets. If I thought the 0 offset wheel setup would dramatically increase handeling I would have no problem with it but I do not. Do I still plan on getting the new truck? Yes I do but it does make me confused/annoyed that losi would make this change.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:35 AM
Tech Addict

You are absolutly right, I do not have half a dosen sets of tires. But it is not like Losi is not warning you ahead of time that the offset has changed. They have posted the new wheels on the website before the truck is even out. How much more warning is nessasary? You can run you current truck untill you have no tires or sell the truck with the tires. I really is not that big of an issue in my eyes. Also, when I am talking about a wider truck i am not talking about making the whole truck wider. I am talking about making it wider without the tires. i.e. Wider pivots, longer arms, and zero offset wheels. This makes the truck slightly stiffer throughout the corner thus making the truck have more corner speed. The current truck kind of stops and sets in the center of the corner then you can power through. The Truggies I mentioned before do not and are faster througout the entire corner. To me if its faster then it is worth it at whatever the cost. Again my oppinion.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

If they're close to new, sell them. Change is the nature of evolution of R/C vehicles.

But, I don't think anyone should be makin assumptions until more details arise
Old 12-02-2008, 09:47 AM
Tech Champion

You are absolutly right, I do not have half a dosen sets of tires. But it is not like Losi is not warning you ahead of time that the offset has changed. They have posted the new wheels on the website before the truck is even out. How much more warning is nessasary? You can run you current truck untill you have no tires or sell the truck with the tires. I really is not that big of an issue in my eyes. Also, when I am talking about a wider truck i am not talking about making the whole truck wider. I am talking about making it wider without the tires. i.e. Wider pivots, longer arms, and zero offset wheels. This makes the truck slightly stiffer throughout the corner thus making the truck have more corner speed. The current truck kind of stops and sets in the center of the corner then you can power through. The Truggies I mentioned before do not and are faster througout the entire corner. To me if its faster then it is worth it at whatever the cost. Again my oppinion.
I agree that they are giving you a warning and that is good. I have already found it very useful because I will now be waiting on gluing up another 5 or so sets of tires that I have because I want to be able to use them on the new truck. so those tires are saved, however I have some new and close to new tires that are already mounted that will not be anywhere near worn out by the time the new truck gets here. Again I believe that the new truck will be a good one and probably better off because of the changes. This is why I will still be getting it. I just wanted to express my opinion about the offset change. If it makes a big difference in handeling I am fine with it. I guess I was just having a hard time seeing how it would. With the examples you gave me I guess i can see that it could make a difference. sorry if I was overly upset /angered about it.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:51 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by fiveoboy01
If they're close to new, sell them. Change is the nature of evolution of R/C vehicles.

But, I don't think anyone should be makin assumptions until more details arise
Only problem with that is that I still have one big race comming up for the old truck and I will need the tires. I had originally bought the new tires for this race but I can make do with the ones I already have mounted.
Ps: the big race is the 2009 Midwest Nitro Championships at CRCRC this Jan.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:54 AM
Tech Addict

No worries Jammin, I was trying to help explain some of the changes. I thought maybe that would help relive some of the frustration that seemed to be on here about the changes. When it comes out I know it will be the bomb.
Old 12-02-2008, 10:06 AM
Tech Champion

No worries Jammin, I was trying to help explain some of the changes. I thought maybe that would help relive some of the frustration that seemed to be on here about the changes. When it comes out I know it will be the bomb.
Definately. the truck is amazing as it is. I'm sure it will be even better with the changes. Losi wouldn't make the changes if it wasn't gonna make a big difference in handling, durability, reliability etc.
Old 12-02-2008, 10:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
Only problem with that is that I still have one big race comming up for the old truck and I will need the tires. I had originally bought the new tires for this race but I can make do with the ones I already have mounted.
Ps: the big race is the 2009 Midwest Nitro Championships at CRCRC this Jan.
Gotcha, I was thinking of going to that race as well.

Only thing I can say is that if the new one can't take half offsets, sell them all as a package with your old truggy. It stinks but that's how it goes.
Old 12-02-2008, 10:09 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by fiveoboy01
Gotcha, I was thinking of going to that race as well.

Only thing I can say is that if the new one can't take half offsets, sell them all as a package with your old truggy. It stinks but that's how it goes.
Yeah I haven't decided weather or not im gonna keep the old truggy. I may keep it as a backup/ practice truggy. If so I will need the tires anyway.
Old 12-02-2008, 10:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I hope they aren't zero offset, but I would like to know for sure what the plan is. Just when I think I have everything I need for tires except some AKAs, they switch...

Last edited by looneytune; 12-02-2008 at 01:37 PM.
Old 12-02-2008, 10:16 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by looneytune
I hope they aren't zero offset, but I would like to know for sure what the plan is. Just when I think I everything I need for tires except some AKAs, they switch...
Thats exactly how I felt at first but after thinking about it if they do switch it will be for good reason. luckily I didn't get a chance to glue up several of the new sets I bought so those can be changed to 0 offset pretty easily. I am in the exact same situation as you though all I needed were some AKAs.
Old 12-02-2008, 01:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Look for the "looneytune tire sale" coming up if this is true. I might have enough money to buy the new 8T 2.0 when I'm done. Anybody have any good excuses to buy more stuff cuz I'm out of them and have nowhere left to hide things from the Mrs.
Old 12-02-2008, 03:50 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by looneytune
Look for the "looneytune tire sale" coming up if this is true. I might have enough money to buy the new 8T 2.0 when I'm done. Anybody have any good excuses to buy more stuff cuz I'm out of them and have nowhere left to hide things from the Mrs.
Its always easier to beg forgiveness than to ask permission!
Old 12-02-2008, 04:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Jammin, in your case i would sell the Half offset rims, and buy 0 offset rims. Then get an hub to make up the difference, which i think losi makes. Then if they do make the change to 0 offset rims you are set. if not, then you still have the hub that you can use until those tires are worn out.
Old 12-02-2008, 04:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

you could use these hubs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.