Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RacerScott
+1

Originally Posted by ccm399
+2.

Old 11-28-2008, 07:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

8th truck tires are getting narrower. Then they start making buggy wider. I dont care if they outlaw them or not. I will still buy the standard. Hell, in the worlds a-main no one had the wide tires, so its not as if they are an advantage.
Old 11-28-2008, 08:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I was thinking about trying them on the rear and standard buggy wheels in front. You guys think they will make them legal? Who said that the wide ones wont work in front is definetly right, and trying to widen the car with offset hexes may make it illegal width on some right?
Old 11-28-2008, 09:03 AM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

what i did on the front v3 rims was to cut 5mm off the inside of the rims. cut the rib that is on the inside and glue them up. works perfectly on a mbx6 with full steering throw. i did not cut any part of the tire whick was the v3 revolver m3 compound. just be careful when gluing the inside bead not to go to far up or down on the bead height. this takes a little bit of time. jeremy
Old 11-28-2008, 10:36 AM
Tech Addict

If you cut 5mm off of the V3 wheel width then it's the same or very close to the "normal" width wheels. So you could have saved some time and money maybe by using normal wheels on the front. Also using a V3 width tire on a norla width wheel might not work out so well, but maybe it will. The Kyosho st-rr truggy curved steering bellcranks help a lot to get clearance, then maybe a little dremeling on the arms if it's needed.
Old 11-28-2008, 10:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jer7469
what i did on the front v3 rims was to cut 5mm off the inside of the rims. cut the rib that is on the inside and glue them up. works perfectly on a mbx6 with full steering throw. i did not cut any part of the tire whick was the v3 revolver m3 compound. just be careful when gluing the inside bead not to go to far up or down on the bead height. this takes a little bit of time. jeremy
...ha ha...rocket scientist.

....but isnt the V3 taller as well??
Old 11-30-2008, 09:08 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I hate companies that make illegal products, now all the bucks are going to go waste money thinking they can beat the experts with new tires...And most will start running them so we will all have to buy new tires to run and then buy legal tires again for any REAL race.....dumb

If you can't make a LEGAL product that is better, get better engineers, cheating is for losers, not companies I'd support.

How pathetic must that meeting have been with the designers: ' uh we can't make a legal product that compete's any ideas.....ya! let's make a cheating one!"
Old 11-30-2008, 09:12 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayL
I hate companies that make illegal products, now all the bucks are going to go waste money thinking they can beat the experts with new tires...And most will start running them so we will all have to buy new tires to run and then buy legal tires again for any REAL race.....dumb

If you can't make a LEGAL product that is better, get better engineers, cheating is for losers, not companies I'd support.

How pathetic must that meeting have been with the designers: ' uh we can't make a legal product that compete's any ideas.....ya! let's make a cheating one!"

no comment.
Old 11-30-2008, 12:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ccm399
+2.

+3
Old 11-30-2008, 12:56 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by JayL

Are you serious and think that the US market is the only 1 in the world . If so, come on stop living a shaltered life and realise the US isn't the only country in the world (please note this was not meant to insult more as a poke in the ribs)

just because they are not legal in the states doesn't mean they are elegal everywhere else in fact Roar is probably the only governing body that they are elegal in at the moment as they are still legal under IFMAR and FEMCA rules but I'm not sure about EFRA.
Old 11-30-2008, 01:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Ahhh crap just put them on and RAM!!!! If you don't like them, don't use them. As if a better driver can't beat a guy with wider tires anyways. The fastest motor means nothing if you can't drive. Maybe all motors should be bone stock too...
Old 01-01-2009, 10:07 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by FactoryTeam08
I am glad they are outlawed, if you want wider tires race a truggy!!!
Why stick to old rules ?? ..... oh I see, you are factory team driver 08, you don't pay some rc stuffs like we do ( the real paying customers ).

Why not to implement new rules ? Wider Rear Only ? or Wider Tires All Together ?

Wider tires make the car become easier to drive, I am happy, You happy, and Newbee happy. And they last longer too.

I would vote for easier to drive and longer lasting tires.
Old 01-01-2009, 11:05 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by asw7576
Why stick to old rules ?? ..... oh I see, you are factory team driver 08, you don't pay some rc stuffs like we do ( the real paying customers ).

Why not to implement new rules ? Wider Rear Only ? or Wider Tires All Together ?

Wider tires make the car become easier to drive, I am happy, You happy, and Newbee happy. And they last longer too.

I would vote for easier to drive and longer lasting tires.
If you cant drive a buggy with the current tires then go race a Truggy cause I cant help you. As for lasting longer, Truggy tires last heaps longer anyway. Goodbye.
Old 01-01-2009, 11:54 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by FactoryTeam08
If you cant drive a buggy with the current tires then go race a Truggy cause I cant help you. As for lasting longer, Truggy tires last heaps longer anyway. Goodbye.
Yeah, goodbye !! I don't need your help !!
Old 01-02-2009, 04:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

If they don t change the width of the car , they should be legal.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.