Community
Wiki Posts
Search

diff fluids questions?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 08:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi Jeff.... this is really helpful guide to all aspects of setup. More of the "why do it" whereas the Xray .pdf somebody posted above just tell you "what to do"... read together they are really helpful.

http://users.telenet.be/elvo/
Old 11-26-2008, 09:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

thats a good artical with chad bradley.. he gives alot of good info the the jammin guys on neo buggy to.. wish AE factory guys would jump in a forum once in a while.. its been like 8 months since maifield posted in his section on the AE forums..."shaneracer" is a good help around here.. but im not sure if hes a team driver or just a nice guy lol
Old 11-27-2008, 03:21 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Try this link as well, very helpfull, has helped me get my diffs sorted.
http://www.rc411.com/pages/howto.php?howto=24
Old 11-27-2008, 02:38 PM
Tin
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for the link.
Old 11-27-2008, 06:15 PM
Tech Initiate

thanks for all the replies.
Old 11-27-2008, 06:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

easy, center controls overall acceleration (and ratio front to rear) then go higher front or rear depending which one you want more on power. most go with thick front thin rear for on power out of corner control. if the on-power is good you can thicken the rear to loosen it up some or thin it out to leave it planted. you have to balance all that out with tire choice and traction.
Old 11-27-2008, 08:33 PM
Tech Champion

Jeff, really cool havin a pro mxer on the site!
I hope you and your brother Mike are both healthy this coming season.
You dudes ridin Supercross this season?
Good Luck
F N CUDA
Old 11-28-2008, 01:55 PM
Tech Initiate

ya we r mike mite miss the first race cause he just started riding but im racing east coast our first race is round 4
Old 11-29-2008, 12:34 AM
Tech Champion

Gotta say, Mike was bringin it last year!
Train hard, ride hard.
Again, good luck this year.
Old 11-29-2008, 06:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hey Jeff. Welcome to the RC world. Since competition is in your blood, you will find this hobby/sport as exciting (Scaled down of course! ) as your MX racing.

Since it sounds like you will be your own mechanic, in this one, you will also find out how complicated set-ups can be. It can be frustrating sometimes, but when you hit the magic set-up (for you!) you will be so stoked!

I find that X-ray (The Bible as I call it), has some of the best info for explaining all the different adjustments, and what effect they have on your car. Keep it handy. Rememeber try not to make too many changes at one time. Too many changes can get you chasing your tail, and throw you way off.

Here is another link to some VERY helpful info-

http://home.scarlet.be/~be067749/58/ (Click Quick Guide)

This is the "quick guide" but if you really want to boggle your mind, take a look at the other links within. It goes into the true dynamics of it all, and will give you a headache!

Oh yeah, and ALWAYS ask questions!!

Good Luck!
Old 11-29-2008, 10:31 AM
Tech Initiate

lol ill probly read that site up and down. wish i would have been told all that last night i spent 3 hours changing the diffs and shocks from all 7 to 7 10 3 and 50 wt to 45 wt. i still think the new setup will work better but it took forever i need to invest in an electric tool for the 2.0 and 2.5 hex wrenches i started developing caleses on my hands where my inner thumb muscles r, any ideas where they sell these electric tools? lol

jeff
Old 11-29-2008, 11:04 AM
Tech Initiate

Hey jeff, If your looking for a good electric drill for assembling you rc stuff I recomend the Bosch lithion drill it is really small it also has a 10 speed clutch so you have a wide range of settings for tightening every part on your cars.I believe it costs about 120.00 but is well worth it. Hope this helps. Good luck in supercross this year! Hopefully supercross comes back to mini soon!!
Old 11-29-2008, 12:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

+1 on the Bosch. It is a great tool. I got mine off of ebay at a good price. shop around and you might find it cheaper.
Old 11-29-2008, 12:38 PM
Tech Adept

Jeff you have blisters on your hand from a screwdriver!?!?!? I figured a pro mx racer would have hands of leather, i did when i raced and i was just a weekend warrior. Must be the new gloves and grips every race day. Its great to see you on here as i always pulled for you and your brother when yall were coming through the AM ranks. I want to congradulate both of you for making it to the big leauges. Good luck in the upcoming season and practice hard cause both of you are championship material.
Old 11-29-2008, 04:29 PM
Tech Initiate

lol i use handskins under my gloves so i dont get leather skin there actually the sikest things ever cause at the beginning of the outdoor season me and mike were having bad issues with our hands not recovering from week to week and we couldnt practice so some guy named chuck made these and they work incredibly! anyways that tool does anyone have a link where i can buy it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.