Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
New Caster Racing Nitro Buggy Just Announced! >

New Caster Racing Nitro Buggy Just Announced!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Caster Racing Nitro Buggy Just Announced!

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 10:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

I am proud to be a part of the team...my 2009 schedule isn't set in stone yet but there are some big races to attend and get the caster name out there
Old 12-03-2008, 02:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eazy2
Chris k dont you work for and take pics for RC DRIVER the magazine?
Aww look at that everybodys getting along now.Its amazing what one sentence will do.

DON'T give yourself any credit or hurt yourself patting yourself on the back there 'ole EASY boy.......

I believe that we were getting along JUST FINE before your little sentence - and IF you'll read my posts afterwards and UNDERSTAND what they say, I answered your question AND gave a bit of disclaimer as to the fact that my right to an opinion HAD NOT been revoked by RC Driver or anyone else.....

Let's look at it this way - I'm signed in using my real name, my real home city and make NO EFFORT to hide my identity...... Somehow, I think that adds a bit to my credability!
Old 12-03-2008, 03:22 PM
Tech Rookie

Skellar asked a little bit about your background didn't he? I just didn't understand why you didn't write down that you worked for RC DRIVER. After I wrote that you got a little defensive. No biggy! I just noticed that after I wrote that everybody got along or seemed that way. Why do you like calling People boy? You called diamond racing a boy and me too? Just wondering. I think we need to leave this thread to caster racing. My name is Sean and my phone # is 417 459 7742 if you need to talk to me .... I won't be on this thread anymore, Good Luck Caster Racing.

Last edited by eazy2; 12-03-2008 at 11:23 PM.
Old 12-03-2008, 04:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Skellar asked a little bit about your background didn't he? I just didn't understand why you didn't write down that you worked for RC DRIVER. After I wrote that you got a little defensive. No biggy! I just noticed that after I wrote that everybody got along or seemed that way. Why do you like calling People boy? You called diamond racing a boy and me too? Just wondering. I think we need to leave this thread to caster racing. My name is Sean and my phone # is 417 459 7743 if you need to talk to me .... I won't be on this thread anymore, Good Luck Caster Racing.

No big deal to me about being called a boy. I would never buy another RC Driver magazine again nor would I recommend it. That is my opinion.
Old 12-03-2008, 05:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

C'mon guys. I honestly do not see where this all came from but he has not really said anything that bad and did actually say where he worked. I think the magazine is pretty good, #2 IMO with useful info but I do read it and like it.

Well anyways hopefully the 1.5 gets here soon so I can post pics. Excited to to another build as I have not built a Caster yet from the ground up since they used to be pre-assembled.
Old 12-03-2008, 05:58 PM
Tech Elite

Skellar asked a little bit about your background didn't he? I just didn't understand why you didn't write down that you worked for RC DRIVER. After I wrote that you got a little defensive. No biggy! I just noticed that after I wrote that everybody got along or seemed that way. Why do you like calling People boy? You called diamond racing a boy and me too? Just wondering. I think we need to leave this thread to caster racing. My name is Sean and my phone # is 417 459 7743 if you need to talk to me .... I won't be on this thread anymore, Good Luck Caster Racing.
I'm not really sure that this deserves a reply - gosh we've got a 3 post user who seems to have targeted me!!!! I'm not sure if I should be flattered or creeped out.....

At any rate, I'm going to close this subject once and for all! I didn't put on my original post that I was a contributing writer for RC Driver simply because I'm not sure that it's important! It obviously was to you; and I'm smart enough to see that you were trying to draw me out - so I allowed you to accomplish that!

I don't tend to want to post that I work as a Transportation Loss Control representative for an insurance carrier either....

Nor do I tend to want to list my entire inventory of r/c cars as a footer to my posts - I don't need to impress anyone with that either.....

I don't have ANY sponsorships - paid for or otherwise! HAVE had, but don't have presently - nor do I want them NOR do I feel that they would be appropriate for a writer who does road tests and vehicle evaluations.

So, IF I seemed defensive, it was purely accidental!

So, let's all return to our regularly scheduled programming!

skeller: If you're reading this - YOU DON'T HAVE TIME!!! You're needed on Starting Grid!

Diamond:Thank god for the good people like skinny form rcxtreme see you at Nitro Challenge in Feb with that Big Orange Van always a pleasure to talk to you guys.
Yesterday 09:26 PM
Well, we all need to have heros and I'm glad you're found yours!
Old 12-03-2008, 06:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Chris,

I'm always reading this stuff. lol

As far as the Grid goes....I think I held it together pretty well.
Old 12-03-2008, 06:59 PM
Tech Elite

some post build pics of the 1.5 already dang it

enough off topic chit chat
Old 12-03-2008, 11:07 PM
Tech Elite

I joined sgrid...waiting for approval. I will be known unfortunately as caster there as you cannot have 9 letters....

See ya soon.

I have no problems with you Chris. I see exactly what you are saying and I am glad you gave me the opportunity to address some issues. Now everyone is hopefully clear on some things....

I think the guys should feel the same way as I do.
Old 12-04-2008, 12:27 AM
Tech Elite

Here is some pics.
Attached Thumbnails New Caster Racing Nitro Buggy Just Announced!-15pro-2.jpg   New Caster Racing Nitro Buggy Just Announced!-zx-1_5_pro_.jpg  
Old 12-04-2008, 08:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Wow, sorry I missed this thread guys. My keyboard fingers are smokin.

I'll go ahead and add to the team driver discussion here. Not everyone that applied got on the team. The first thing I was looking for was a desire to run Caster products, anyone that came up and ask what I could do for them them, the answer was nothing. 2nd I look for what kind of representative are they? and is this person up and coming. We will see how things work out. I know here in the region 8 area, there will be a lot of caster cars on the track next season.

ChrisK - I view you as a great rep. around our area, and I would love to give you a spot on the team.
Old 12-04-2008, 03:04 PM
Tech Elite

hakmazter I joined sgrid...waiting for approval. I will be known unfortunately as caster there as you cannot have 9 letters....
See ya soon.

The 'Grid' is a 'special' place - looks like NOTHING else in the r/c message board world that I know of anyway and it's a GREAT place - and another 'home' for 'ole shane!

David Alberico: ChrisK - I view you as a great rep. around our area, and I would love to give you a spot on the team.
Thanks for the compliment Dave! At the present time I think that based on WHAT I do and the fact that I like to remain totally impartial in my reviews it would be in all of our best interest for me to continue driving my choice of the buggly or truggly for the week!
Old 12-04-2008, 06:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Chris K
The 'Grid' is a 'special' place - looks like NOTHING else in the r/c message board world that I know of anyway and it's a GREAT place - and another 'home' for 'ole shane!

Thanks for the compliment Dave! At the present time I think that based on WHAT I do and the fact that I like to remain totally impartial in my reviews it would be in all of our best interest for me to continue driving my choice of the buggly or truggly for the week!
buggly?

naw jus playin whoever gets one of these first other than answer-rc needs to post pics.

approx how big is the bag that comes with this kit?( it does come with a bag right?) or at least I thought I read it

improvements over the last kit are as follows:

Better cvd's - smaller tolerances
new 7mm steering balls - improved steering
revised fuel tank
new shock towers with better down travel/droop
stand up steering servo - better servo relaibility and chassis balance
new diff crown and pinion gears a la Moogen style
lightened 46T center diff gear - better response
counter sunk screws
Big Bores
new engine mount
new brakes - includes new disc and brake pad springs.

sounds and looks good...I truely can't wait
Old 12-04-2008, 09:10 PM
Tech Elite

I think you misunderstood what I meant. I said Caster 1.5 pro kits come in the bag......refering to the fact that they are not assembled anymore.....I guess lots of plastic bags to be specific. I apologize for any confusion this may have caused.

We are actually working on a team bag.

Might as well make everything.
Old 12-04-2008, 10:08 PM
SLK
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by hakmazter
I think you misunderstood what I meant. I said Caster 1.5 pro kits come in the bag......refering to the fact that they are not assembled anymore.....I guess lots of plastic bags to be specific. I apologize for any confusion this may have caused.

We are actually working on a team bag.

Might as well make everything.
I cant wait for a team bag. Hopefully you will have one around Feb. Thats when i am putting in my big order. ZX1.5R, a bunch of spares, possibly a grenade, and more than likely a truggy too...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.