Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
New Caster Racing Nitro Buggy Just Announced! >

New Caster Racing Nitro Buggy Just Announced!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Caster Racing Nitro Buggy Just Announced!

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 04:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cheesecake
well i was going to get a truggy to add to my collection but im going to go with the 1.5 with the grenade combo. im going to order it after tax time and get it ready for outdoor season im goin to run 1/8 nitro buggy and 1/8 electric buggy for the rcpro series
Cool! I am liking running the buggies more and more. Used to like truggy the best but that is starting to change.
Old 01-23-2009, 04:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

ive always ran buggy mainly it seems like i get a truggy run it a couple times then i want to go back to buggy. buggy is more challenging so it improves your driving.
Old 01-24-2009, 06:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Finally, the weekends here.

LETS GO RACING!
Old 01-24-2009, 08:39 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Dude C.
Finally, the weekends here.

LETS GO RACING!
Yeah I am racing a night race tonight again at Avon Park. Starts at 7pm. About 5 other Caster's are racing tonight too.
Old 01-24-2009, 11:21 PM
Tech Master

Ran the sat. night race again at avon park with the 1.5R and was awesome again. This time Brian (BBennet) with his 1.5R came with me too. We were the fastest too out there. I was a little faster than Brian in the quals but he got me in the main. Brian got out to a early lead and I ended up last after the first turn. Had to work my way through the field while Brian was pulling away from everyone. Got past the field and tried my hardest to catch Brian. Caught up with just a little to go but messed up and he pulled away again. He was so consistent the whole main that my mistakes hauling A$$ trying to catch him killed me.

Anyways Caster finished 1-2 for the night!! Brian first and me second.

BTW I ran the Caster Premounted tires on the buggy today for the 3rd Race day in a row and worked awesome. Foams are still perfect and plenty of tread left. Traction was very good. Not blue grooved today but was watered down at one point and traction was crazy then dried up and a little loose dirt on top and still was good traction. Could cut the turns sharp and still drift out the rear if I wanted too.

BRIAN RAN THE STOCK KIT TIRES WITH STOCK KIT FOAMS AND WON
Old 01-25-2009, 08:42 PM
Tech Master

Here is a vid of two ZX1.5R's running at one of our many local tracks, WOW (Way Out West), First day open with new track layout. Just messing around practicing. These are non-team drivers who race them. (I was taping). Some pretty good crashes getting used the track and no breakages at all and they kept going strong all day. The 1.5R is an extremely tough buggy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9i_2gYnjCQ0
Old 02-01-2009, 06:23 PM
Tech Master

Another great weekend for the Caster Buggies! Brian Bennet, Johnny Scott and Bob Carhardt all made the A-main at the first race of the year at Wow RC Raceway. I think Bob bumped from the B-main too. I think Bob finished like 6 or 7th, not sure. Johnny finished 5th and Brian finished non-officially 2nd but officially 3rd lol. Transponder problems from another driver made it hard to tell who was where. Wish I could have been there to race but had to work and got there right before the A-mains to watch.

Brian had caught the leader and about to battle for the lead when he flipped over and a turn marshal admittedly put a finger on the flywheel by mistake and shut the motor off. Had to restart and finish the main.

Brian and Bob had 1.5R's and Johnny was running the ZX1-R.
Old 02-02-2009, 12:40 AM
Tech Elite

Had a awesome day of racing at Mandalay Raceway in Pietermaritzburg which is about 90kms from Durban.
First club meet of the year and what a meet it was
I didnt get any practice in the morning, i was helping some guys tune engines and get a customer running with his RTR.
Anyway the first heat was not the best with the back end very loose even after making some changes from the last time i ran the 1.5R.
Finished 4th.
The day changed from cool and overcast to a boiler with 34 deg in the shade.
After plenty of water and trying to keep cool i managed to be 2nd fastest qualifier out of 19 buggies, so was pretty pleased with that.
Will post my setup in the setup thread on the Caster forum.

In the 20min final i managed to get the holeshot and keep the lead for the first 4 minutes untill i made some mistakes and let two guys through.
I settled down and gradually picked up pace and gained a position before pitting at 6 min mark and resumed in 5th position.
Was time to stretch my legs and got up to 3rd and made my 2nd pitstop after 8 minutes.
Got out in 4th and took the race to the end pushing hard to gain on the 3rd place man while the 1st position Losi had a runaway.
Now in third i was gaining on the guys ahead and managed to get pass 2nd place man when he pitted and kept attacking teh 1st place man only to make 6 mistakes in 1 lap to open the gap to him and had to settle on 2nd place.

The car was awesome and so was my Axe X1 Evo motor unfortunately i let them down a bit with some inconstant driving but will be practicing to make up for it

Have a few changes to make to the car and all should be good.
Was really surprised how well the car responded to simple single changes i made.

Thanks Caster for a AWESOME buggy !!!

Some pics of the dusty Mandalay Raceway we ran at today :

Old 02-02-2009, 05:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Man you guys wearing shorts...you all suck!
Old 02-02-2009, 06:38 AM
Tech Master

I know. 34 degree's and thier wearing shorts. Whats in the water over there? JK

Awsome news on your race.
Old 02-02-2009, 07:10 PM
Tech Elite

hey crackheads.....I am 99% sure that they use centigrade everywhere in the world except over here in the U.S..... 0 is 32 and 100 is 212 degrees farenheit...

So 34 would be about high 80s.....

and it is in the southern hemisphere so it is late summer....

Last edited by hakmazter; 02-08-2009 at 10:30 PM.
Old 02-02-2009, 07:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

34 C is actually 93 F and yes, I am envious because I still have snow in my yard and my local track is a muddy mess.
Old 02-02-2009, 08:15 PM
Tech Master

I knew that!........ I was just testing ya Mike......
Old 02-02-2009, 08:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

9/5 x34= 61.2 but hey its close to 93. lol
Old 02-03-2009, 04:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

hey guys im not sure if this is the right thread. if its not could some one direct me to the correct one.
any way i got a caster racing buggy today its the old old style rtr with the force engine and blue anodizing. and the clutch starting slipping really bad. i looked and the shoes are glazed over easy fix, but i wouldnt mind going to longer lasting aluminium shoes. if so whats a good base line set up?
im just bashing right now but intend to do some track time and try to improve my driving skill (normally race on road wanted something a lil different).
so whats your opinion on clutch set ups?
also does any one know how to convert the force to a bump start? where can i find a back plate?.
cheers guys

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.