Fioroni???

Old 09-17-2009, 06:56 AM
Tech Addict

Yes, I ran/run the Vario, It only bogs on some motors. If they sell a stronger spring, I would definatley go back. Even with full tension on the springs with the adjustment cap, it would engage a little to soon. The shoes which are aluminum/metal, really are awesome. They never called up the clutch bell and they never mushroomed, cool stuff.

I will try and find their stronger springs.
Old 09-17-2009, 06:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I've run the turbo sliding clutch for close to 7 years (since they first came out). And I have seen the good and bad with this clutch.

On an engine/pipe combo that has a weak bottom end where you need to run the stiff springs your going to have problems.

On an engine/pipe combo that has a strong bottom end, you'll absolutly love this clutch.
Old 09-17-2009, 01:48 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John Schafer
I've run the turbo sliding clutch for close to 7 years (since they first came out). And I have seen the good and bad with this clutch.

On an engine/pipe combo that has a weak bottom end where you need to run the stiff springs your going to have problems.

On an engine/pipe combo that has a strong bottom end, you'll absolutly love this clutch.

I beg to differ....Modded .28's still have a bog on bottom with the slider....BEEN there DONE that....NO thx.
Old 09-19-2009, 10:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Fioroni does not have an alternative spring set for the Vario clutch system. Rotate the cam to #3 if you want more punch or try lightening the shoes or find a clutchbell that has a slightly larger ID. If there is a demand for stiffer springs I will pass the word on and see if it can be done.
Both the Turbo Sliding Clutch series and the Vario Clutch series are excellent clutch systems, contrary to what some keyboard cowboys state online. My 4 shoe Turbo Sliding clutch (FR56 shoes with mix of standard and stiff springs) worked great at Revelation the last few times I was there.
If anyone needs honest and truthful help with Fioroni products, shoot an email to [email protected] or try your luck here with the peanut gallery.
Old 09-19-2009, 11:58 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by garen
Fioroni does not have an alternative spring set for the Vario clutch system. Rotate the cam to #3 if you want more punch or try lightening the shoes or find a clutchbell that has a slightly larger ID. If there is a demand for stiffer springs I will pass the word on and see if it can be done.
Both the Turbo Sliding Clutch series and the Vario Clutch series are excellent clutch systems, contrary to what some keyboard cowboys state online. My 4 shoe Turbo Sliding clutch (FR56 shoes with mix of standard and stiff springs) worked great at Revelation the last few times I was there.
If anyone needs honest and truthful help with Fioroni products, shoot an email to [email protected] or try your luck here with the peanut gallery.

we've tried your "tips and tricks" and nothing worked....SOGGY bottom end all day long...2 shoe and 4 shoe...different spring's....different shoes......what else are we to think.

maybe the gauge of spring isn't thick enough to hold its "spring" when the clutch get's up past the temp of the motor....I have seen a 2 shoe set-up hit 300+ on the clutch bell with a stock LRP.28

Never have i tried or seen a Vario in action...Only the 2 and 4 shoe set-up's have we tried and tried to only have it go soft within a few tanks.
Old 09-19-2009, 12:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

test
Old 09-19-2009, 12:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I am not having luck with the Fiorini Turbo slider....... I installed it on a modified Picco 28...it ran great for about 1.5 tanks, then the engine started to bog really badly... Then it seemed like when I let it cool down it worked correctly, but after half a tank or so the same bog came back...It seems as soon as the clutch and engine get up to full operating temperature it causes a pretty severe engine bog........... Now this is a engine that has a huge bottom end, we usually run .9 springs on a M2C and .9 springs on a Max life 3 shoe , so by no means is this engine weak down low....So I am not quite sure what is happening..maybe the modified 28 is too much for the clutch and causing it to heat up and slip very badly, which in turns causes it to starting binding up...... The clutch worked well when new, but it didn't take long to start acting up .....
Old 09-19-2009, 01:35 PM
Tech Master

Which shoes are you running?
Old 09-19-2009, 01:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by garen
Which shoes are you running?
black 2 shoe, 3 springs
Old 09-19-2009, 01:49 PM
Tech Master

Shoot me a PM or email with your mailing address, I'll send you something to try out.
Old 09-19-2009, 11:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maximo
black 2 shoe, 3 springs
It's slipping and overheating the springs. Try 2 springs, or just one stiff spring. Also you have to be sure the shoes slide freely in the flywheel. Another thing to look at is the inside of the clutch bell. Some have a small taper inside and this will prevent the shoes from fully contacting the ID of the bell. Just champher the outer edges of the shoes (dremmel and sanding drum) to get the clearance you need. Ive also seen a few guys that didn't tighten the flywheel nut properly have problems. The flats on the nut need to be parralel to the flats on the flywheel for proper clearance.
Old 09-29-2009, 09:58 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by SPEEDSKI
Yes, I ran/run the Vario, It only bogs on some motors. If they sell a stronger spring, I would definatley go back. Even with full tension on the springs with the adjustment cap, it would engage a little to soon. The shoes which are aluminum/metal, really are awesome. They never called up the clutch bell and they never mushroomed, cool stuff.

I will try and find their stronger springs.
You asked, Fioroni delivered:
http://www.fioroni.com/italiano/news.asp?ID=98
Old 09-29-2009, 02:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

What are you up to these days Garen?
Old 09-29-2009, 05:43 PM
Tech Master

Shoot me an email at [email protected] and I'll fill you in. You're down south now huh?
Old 06-11-2010, 09:52 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I know this is an ancient thread but I have started to use the slider and was wondering what the performance differences are of the shoe types?

How often should the springs be replaced?

My experience so far is this clutch has paid for itself in the last couple races just in not having to replace shoes. Yes it has softened up the bottom end on my +4 but for me that has worked out good and given me better control exiting corners. I have tried both two and three springs and prefer the two spring configuration for low technical tracks and three for the big jump open tracks.
I have two gallons so far on my slider with the blue shoes,original springs and clutch bell bearings. There is no sign of wear on the shoes. I am sure the springs are probably due for replacement.

This is a worthy investment for a hobby oriented racer on a budget. Initial investment may be a little high but it will save you a ton in the long run.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.