My new plan

Old 11-22-2008, 06:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

wtf are you 2 guys talking about ? cheap rtr crap? what breaks on these trucks that you thinkyou know what your talking about ?? i own one..i have yet to break one part ..besides a front arm one day off track when i was playing with the carb and it ran full tilt into the neighbers wood fence post..and thats all that broke...i dont think this is the best race rig around ..but ..cheap and breakable its forsure not either...
Old 11-22-2008, 06:18 AM
Tech Regular

Yeah I was trying to find out why it was supposedly cheap RTR crap etc, because it comes in the factory team edition with a bunch of upgrades as well and the quality looks much better than on my Ofna buggy.
Old 11-22-2008, 06:23 AM
Tech Elite

well.. regardless. its not the fastest truck around ryan.. thats why as you know i got the rc8t on its way.. but . fragile its forsure not.. i think you should go for that revo though.. but.. if you want to race.. the only 3 classes that people show up for in our area is buggy truggy and slash.. i have yet to see anyone run MT class..besides one day in the last 3 months with 3 guys....i got this cen when i was in the same spot.. on a budget and wanted somthing i could get into right now...im making alot more cash now.. im upgrading cause i can
Old 11-22-2008, 06:51 AM
Tech Regular

Well I knew it wasn't the fastest but for the price I don't think it can be beat.
Old 11-22-2008, 08:26 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I've been very happy with my cen matrix buggy. I am far from being an expert, which is why I perfer the cen, it is a little more heavier duty than other buggies I've seen, which means it won't be as fast around the track, but for us that are not expert drivers, I think it helps make the buggy more forgiving. For me, I think it works just fine, I don't think I'd be much faster around the track if I had a different buggy until I learned how to drive better, until then, I'll take a more durable buggy.
Old 11-22-2008, 08:34 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

i saw a mugen mbx5t pro spec on here for 500.00 with lrp .28, jp-3, servos, starter box and parts, and sounded like he was willing to deal. i ran for cen not a bad product, you just spend alot to get it where you want it

jlo
Old 11-22-2008, 08:39 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jlo8864
i saw a mugen mbx5t pro spec on here for 500.00 with lrp .28, jp-3, servos, starter box and parts, and sounded like he was willing to deal. i ran for cen not a bad product, you just spend alot to get it where you want it

jlo
Well considering there's $350 in difference between the two vehicles plus the fact that BigAlz is local, I think I'll stick with the CEN I'm hoping to still get from him.
Old 11-22-2008, 09:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

The Cen is a good rig. A lot of people bash Cen and they have never driven one. They are heavier than the current buggies and truggies out there on the market now but that extra weight seems to make them more forgiving and feel more planted especially to a new racer.

I am fairly new to racing and as much as I wanted to buy a Losi 8ight since that is what everyone seemed to be racing and recommending at the time, I just didn't want to spend $500 to $600 for a kit that I would be learning to drive and inevitably break parts on.

Are ther better kits out there? Sure but you can't be a Cen especially for the money. You can always upgrade to a better kit once your driving abilities and budget allow. Good luck.
Old 11-22-2008, 10:03 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BigAlz
wtf are you 2 guys talking about ? cheap rtr crap? what breaks on these trucks that you thinkyou know what your talking about ?? i own one..i have yet to break one part ..besides a front arm one day off track when i was playing with the carb and it ran full tilt into the neighbers wood fence post..and thats all that broke...i dont think this is the best race rig around ..but ..cheap and breakable its forsure not either...
Originally Posted by ryanroma
Yeah I was trying to find out why it was supposedly cheap RTR crap etc, because it comes in the factory team edition with a bunch of upgrades as well and the quality looks much better than on my Ofna buggy.
Both of you guys need to read my post a little more closely. I said I have no experience with their race vehicles but CEN also makes super cheapo crap RTR stuff like touring cars and monster trucks etc. Those are such garbage that I have no faith in their ability to make a good race vehicle so I would not buy one unless I saw other people running them and having few problems. Since no one runs them around here I won't get that chance. Read more closely and don't jump to conclusions. I also said that if people were running them in his area and having no problems then go ahead and buy it.
Old 11-22-2008, 10:12 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wingracer
The following is just my opinion so take it for what it's worth.

My only experience with CEN is their cheapo ready to run crap. It's all such garbage that I have a very low opinion of CEN and would not buy one of their products no matter how good the deal.

That being said, I have never run one of their full race rides and no one I know does so I haven't even seen one. They may very well be great and well worth the money but I will NOT be finding out on my own. If you know some people racing them in your area and they look good and parts and support are available then go for it. If not, Losi's and Mugen's are a dime a dozen on here and ebay and they are proven winners with massive parts and technical support.
sorry man. i read it as "they are" cheapo RTR ...there is no issues with the race eqpt as far as durabilty.
Old 11-22-2008, 02:28 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I just re-read my post and I did kind of word it wrong. Oh well.