Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Insurance for RC Tracks >

Insurance for RC Tracks

Like Tree2Likes

Insurance for RC Tracks

Old 11-19-2008, 01:30 PM
Tech Adept

Default Insurance for RC Tracks

What do any of the track owners do about an insurance policy for their tracks? We have to carry a $1,000,000 policy at our new facility but the quotes we are getting are all over the place and most seem a little high.

I would just like to know things like how much annually? Who's the best providers? Any things at all that may help the insurance firms to understand what we are doing.

I am also aware of the ROAR insurance but I'm not interested in passing expenses along to the racers so ROAR is absolutely out of the question. Thanks in advance.
Old 11-19-2008, 01:36 PM
Tech Elite

i know my home track is race at your own risk
Old 11-19-2008, 02:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Originally Posted by porkchop
i know my home track is race at your own risk

Every track has insurance even though it is at the racers risk .

My buddy used to own a track and remember he got insurance from a customer that is an insurance salesman . I`ll try to find out his name .
Old 11-19-2008, 04:01 PM
Tech Adept

We will be leasing from a land management company so "Race at your own risk" isn't an option for us. The company has been very helpful so far so we are trying to do it their way to help make sure RC has a permanent place in our community.
Old 11-19-2008, 05:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Not sure about the anual cost of the insurance, but at my local track, MX131, they make membership to the track mandatory for $10 per year, which is used to cover some of the cost of the anual insurance. Part of the reason for this structure is the MX track on the same facility.
Old 11-19-2008, 05:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I think rcprosites.com has a link on there site about insurance. Might be worth looking into.
Old 11-19-2008, 05:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

RC Pro Series also has insurance available and it does not require a membership. Go to http://www.rcprosites.com and ask Carlton for the info.
Old 11-19-2008, 05:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

But , you have to be a Pro Series sanctioned track to get insurance through them .
Old 11-20-2008, 09:42 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

roar?
Old 11-20-2008, 09:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cdbias
I am also aware of the ROAR insurance but I'm not interested in passing expenses along to the racers so ROAR is absolutely out of the question. Thanks in advance.
He mentioned that......
Old 11-20-2008, 09:56 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

There are loop holes with Roar also. My buddy tore his ankle up(ripped ligaments) at a Roar sanctioned track. We were told if you have your own personal insurance then Roar insurance doesnt help. Its for people that dont have personal insurance is what i assumed. If that is the case then i was wondering why someone has to buy a membership if they have their own insurance
Old 11-20-2008, 10:33 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by moto431
There are loop holes with Roar also. My buddy tore his ankle up(ripped ligaments) at a Roar sanctioned track. We were told if you have your own personal insurance then Roar insurance doesnt help. Its for people that dont have personal insurance is what i assumed. If that is the case then i was wondering why someone has to buy a membership if they have their own insurance
do you mean if you have insurance, say from your employer? or if the track has its own insurance other than ROAR?
Old 11-20-2008, 10:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Here's what I proposed to a couple local tracks with using ROAR.

Price how much private insurance is going to be (it's expensive)

Join ROAR (it's CHEAP) as a ROAR TRACK

then let the TRACK Buy a ROAR membership for ALL of it's racers ... (It's still cheaper than PRIVATE Insurance)

Don't require each racer to pay for HIS MEMBERSHIP - to race at YOUR track, but have the TRACK keep the membership Card and info in their posession...and IF a racer wants to go someplace ELSE and be able to use their MEMBERSHIP at another track - then THEY buy the membership card FROM YOU.

Offer a slight discount to anyone who already has a ROAR membership and maintains their own membership...
Old 11-20-2008, 10:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I don't believe ROAR is a medical insurance policy, just a general liability coverage, which will help protect you in the case of a lawsuit.

I believe it also does more toward Personal Injury and/or damage caused to spectators..and the hope is that is never has to be used, but it fullfills landloard requirements in order to cover their butt.

Our local racing requires a 2 million dollar policy - Non Aggregate, we're on a school campus.

In order to get THAT from ROAR, you have to sign up, and then contact ROARS insurance company and pay extra for the extra coverage (ROAR's is a standard 1 Million), we also have to have the facility named on the insurance certificate - (which if you use ROAR, to get that is EXTRA also) but it's still cheaper than a private policy.

Our INSURANCE is covered by a Local Hobby Shop, which just added US to their General Liability policy, for Pennies extra...
Old 11-20-2008, 10:48 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BAUSTIN
do you mean if you have insurance, say from your employer? or if the track has its own insurance other than ROAR?
From your employer, thats what we were told at the track. He ended up paying a deductible of $100 for an emergency visit.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.