truggy box

Old 11-22-2008, 11:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default truggy box

i run an 8-t, and use a losi starter box that the motors just fried. question is am i better off buying the ofna truggy box or just replacing the motors in the losi box? what will be cheaper in the long run?
Old 11-22-2008, 11:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The OFNA truggy box with dual 775's is the bomb! I feel like I could almost start my V-8 in my truck with it! And its really good quality. Everything inside including the wiring and connections is very very solid. Its definitely a well built box and worth $90.
Old 11-22-2008, 11:30 PM
Tech Adept

I would go with the ofna box, i bought one a few months ago and it rocks. And by the way i treat mine something should have broke/failed by now but it is as tough as a tank.
Old 11-23-2008, 02:02 AM
K_B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

You might wanna try installing some 45 or 55T lathe motors. They're 20 bucks apiece and very reliable. That's half the price of a new Truggy box. However, it is possible to get your hands on a used Truggy box for around $50 if you look hard enough.

I went from the Truggy box, to the losi box, and back to the truggy box because of those stupid motors. I would have done the motor swap, but since I already had the Truggy box, I just went back to that and gave away my Losi box because I was so frustrated with it.