Wiki Posts
Search

transponder and servo question

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 01:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default transponder and servo question

ok i looked but i cant find anything.i have a amb transponder gettin shipped to me. but ive heard it can get messed up if you mount it wrong or somethin like that so im askin where should i mount the transponder???

And also. i bought the buggy used but i was told he just put new servos in it before i bought it(looked new also) and now ive had the buggy for about 4-5 months and my throttle servo went out and i bought another one but would like to have one as a back up. the servo that went out is a JR 4800S, how do i go about gettin jr to replace this servo. i heard there good on customer service.and spektrum/jr/losi/horizion are all the same company right? so my dads servo that he got in his rtr went out to so can i send both servos to the same place
Old 11-18-2008, 04:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

As for the personal, I've never heard of it causing any kind of glitching, if that is your question. The only thing I can see guess by your question is to remind you to keep the wires away from moving parts, gears, etc.
For the servo, print this, fill it out as best you can, and send it in with the servo.

http://www.jrradios.com/Content/PDF/...rChecklist.pdf

It would help immensely if you can get a copy of the original sales receipt, or maybe if you're in good with your LHS owner maybe he can fudge one for you :P... I recently went through this for a 9100s, about a week later I received a brand new one Good luck.
Old 11-18-2008, 08:46 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

some transponder's will false count laps or Not count laps at All if the PT is mounted TOO high on the chassy or its overtop of a Carbon tray or something....basically you want it as Close to the loop as possible...so the lower the better.