Wiki Posts
Search

Sad day for RB fans

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 02:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)
Default Sad day for RB fans

Rody Roem - founder and long time face of RB has announced his sudden departure from the company he started 16 years ago:
"Hello Everybody, this mail is to inform you that I will leave RB end December 2008.
Richard Gautruche and me have decided to separate as business partners, this decision is made with the agreement of both parties. With this operation Richard will become the sole owner of RB since this is needed to ensure the growth of RB and its sister company Modelco. This is the beginning of something new for both parties. I would like to thank everybody with who I had the pleasure to work with me through RB and hope to keep in good contact with all of you.
Sincerely, Rody Roem"

From Neobuggy
Old 11-13-2008, 03:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

well that is not a good thing.. rody is a brain when in to comes to motors and is a pleasure to talk to..
Old 11-13-2008, 03:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

yea i know...i wonder what will happen to the company.
Old 11-13-2008, 03:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

rody was such a good guy i had the pleasure to hang out with him for a few days at the nats two years ago... i think he may have had his first cheeseburger ever while we were there. he also consumed at least 2 lbs of red licorice.. it was hilarious that is for sure
Old 11-13-2008, 03:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Good luck on your new venture Rody! It was a pleasure to run 2 RB engines that I have owned, the WS7 II x3 and the C6BB.
Old 11-13-2008, 04:48 PM
Tech Regular

That sucks! It's probably my fault since I decided to buy an RB Every job I've ever had, the company was in it's prime before I got there. The first company closed, the second bought out, where I'm at now things are going downhill fast! Now I've jumped on the RB bandwagon and the wagon is falling apart!
I'll definately miss him. I haven't even bought the thing yet and have asked him a few questions. It was awesome to know that the designer was right there if I ever had a question. I'm sure there are other competent people there as well and hopefully they will interact with customers well. Hopefully this wasn't a nasty or forced breaking up and wish him well whatever comes next. I thought his wife was co-founder. What in the world happened? I guess it's good to hear RB is continuing on but that could be very good or very bad Guess time will tell.

"This is the beginning of something new for both parties." So what is it that Rody is venturing out to do??

Anyway, good luck Rody!
Old 11-13-2008, 05:05 PM
Tech Regular

Old news from August off of neobuggy

RB product's sales & operations manager Bernard Durand has left the French engine manufacturer and distributor.
Durand, spent 15 years with RB products, 10 years as the sales manager and more recently switched to being the operations manager of RB, also managing RB's split from Modelco (RB’s sister company involved in the hobby business) focusing on new engine development and the racing market.

Durand told us that he stepped down on Friday 29th August, citing personal reasons as the cause. He also expressed that it was a very tough decision to move on, leaving behind some of his dearest friends and partners with which he helped to build up RB Products.

NeoBuggy understands that technical director Rody Roem & other employees will cover some of Durand's tasks until a long-term solution is found.
Details of Durand's new position have not been revealed yet.

Only thing I could find about Rody's departure:
http://rcspecial.com/news/?p=8121
What was said at the top of this thread.

What is going on over there? Internal struggles and juggling businesses? Sounds like there is potential for things to turn out bad. Must not be very public then. Hope everyone gets straightened out for the best
Old 11-13-2008, 05:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Rody was by far the most helpful person I have never meet in person. What a great ambassador for R/C. I hope he decides to open up another engine company. If he does I will run those and I think lot of others will follow.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:05 PM
Tech Lord

I had the pleasure of meeting and talking to Rody at the onroad worlds a few years back. He's great guy and I hope he starts up something new. I will run them.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

a very sad day indeed. I am very proud to have use RB as my first engine.
Old 11-13-2008, 08:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

yep RB s3 was my first .21 and it was a good one
Old 11-13-2008, 08:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I would imagine there will be a "RR" Motor (Or something like that) in RC industry future..