Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ninja jx .21

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 10:36 AM
Tech Initiate

Default ninja jx .21

is con rod replacment after 1 1/2 gallons sound right for a hard start problem after running.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ccordero85
is con rod replacment after 1 1/2 gallons sound right for a hard start problem after running.
no.. not at all
Old 11-03-2008, 10:45 AM
Tech Initiate

thats what is was told by a hobby shop they said that the rod has alot of play i also noticed the play but never thought anything of it. the motor runs fine when running just very hard to get it started again after running. the kid who told me is the one who does all the motor building and fixing at the shop and is also a natinal racer im guessing he knows something.
Old 11-03-2008, 11:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

thats what is was told by a hobby shop they said that the rod has alot of play i also noticed the play but never thought anything of it. the motor runs fine when running just very hard to get it started again after running. the kid who told me is the one who does all the motor building and fixing at the shop and is also a natinal racer im guessing he knows something.
If yopu have a JX 21 and it has slop in the rod, it was broke in incorrectly, there will be the slightest amount but not enough you should see it. Are you using the same P3 it was broke in with, and how was it broke in, are you sure your not lean on top or bottom.
Old 11-03-2008, 11:23 AM
Tech Elite

Your rod NEEDS 2-4 thousands in play for proper lubrication.
Your rod is not the problem. sounds to me like it just needs a good tune.
tell me more.. Plug, pipe, fuel,
Did you read the JX thread, like I said in your last thread started on this topic? no need to start new threads, when all you needed to do was read the existing one.
Old 11-03-2008, 02:47 PM
Tech Initiate

Sorry about the new thread im new to the forum thing. I read that topic but gave me no direction towards my problem. im using an rd lodgics pipe a p3 plug. i think my tune is fine it runs great while running and it got tuned by the shop that don't mean anything but the kid really seams like he knows what he's talking about. i don't know what to do now the car stars up fine if it sits for a while. it just doesn't start right up once i have turned it off. The kid also said that my compression seamed a lil low but i got life left on my engine what else could it be besides a con rod. i sealed the entire engine the front seal aint leaking. i think i broke it in the right way i ran 8 tanks around a parkning lot half throttle full throttle u name it i did it.
Old 11-03-2008, 03:05 PM
Tech Elite

I would check everything! fuel lines, clutch, air leaks, fuel leaks, fuel filters..ect... something don't sound right about lil compression after only 1 1/2 gallon.. maybe your LHS is smoking you into buying another engine. I would buy a different pipe regardless. try these setting as a starting point, and stop having other ppl tune your engine. Doing it yourself, is the best way to learn. good luck!

Old 10-24-2008, 02:25 PM
JX Thread Post #67
I love this JX! I run mine Eb Modded with the 8mm stack, 2042w/L header, and a P4 plug.

Ed found that the idle gap is set to high out of the box... It should be 1 turn from fully closed.
HSN: I'm 2-1/4 turns from closed
MSN: stock (flush)
LSN: 4-1/4 turns from closed
Old 11-03-2008, 03:36 PM
Tech Initiate

thanks for the advice. I usally tune it myself but the engine was acting wired and i didnt want to ruin it. i also dont think the LHS was tring to make me get a new engine they seem to be really cool ppl but you never know. Ima try those setting and see how it runs ill keep u posted i really appriciate your help alot.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:12 PM
Tech Initiate

Red face

Ok i tried those settings they worked great. The car is running amazing just had to riching it up on the High side a 1/4 turn. The only thing is it still has trouble starting up. If i take the airfilter off it starts fine. The filter is firly new. It seems to me that the extra fuel it spits out the carb while the filter on just dribbles down and chokes the engine cause when it finally starts it smokes alot. So if i remove the filter it doesn't dribble down and starts fine usally. Since my high side is set good i thought the low was a lil rich but it just starts lacking fuel and chokes a lil. So i dunno i guess ill just start it with out a filter orjust get a new one and see what happens.
Old 11-04-2008, 05:41 AM
Tech Initiate

The low end lacks fuel when i lean it out is what i forgot to say.
Old 11-04-2008, 06:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I would check your idle gap. Mine is set somewhere between .5-.8mm. If the gap is to big and the lowend is set to rich you will have symptoms like you talk about.

Pipe really does make a difference on motors nowadays. I ran x brand pipe on my JX and it ran fine but I was going for more fuel mileage. Put on an OS 2050 and that made a world of difference in mileage. My needle settings also changed a good bit.
Old 11-04-2008, 06:21 AM
Tech Elite

Try running a P4 plug, and lean out the bottom end a lil at a time.. may also havta lean out that top end that 1/4 turn you came out. You shouldn't havta pull off your air filter every time you need to start your engine. In fact doing that, it's only a matter of time b4 you suck in some dust/dirt and ruin your engine. The P4 i think will fix that problem, but it has to be tuned correctly. So put in the P4 lean the top out that 1/4 turn, and fire it up. then you'll prob notice the idle has drop a lil with the P4, it's ok! just lean out the bottom a 1/4 turn at a time until the idle comes back up. ..
Old 11-04-2008, 06:24 AM
Tech Initiate

Talking

awesome i really appreciate your help ill keep u posted on the progress.
Old 11-05-2008, 10:10 AM
Tech Initiate

Is odonnel fuel that much better than monster horsepower. Does it matter which one i use? 20% nitro
Old 11-05-2008, 11:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

There is nothing wrong with either of those fuels. However most .21 engines seem to run a little better on 30% nitro.

I have the JX and think its one of the best engines Ive owned. I use a P3 plug and OS 2060 pipe.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.